bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm another one of those June filers who haven't been touched, who haven't been anything since June. Every morning I read this thread and lately I've been getting so depressed. I'm happy for all the July filers but what about me? I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this. I just want control over my life back!

I've noticed most of those JUNE filers not worked yet are MID June filers. In our time frame. Time to call your senator or congressmans offices and get an inquiry started. Back up your request with facts and numbers. I think if ALL us still waiting get our officials to start making calls it will help. Im sure mine is sitting on someones desk..but if I recall Byron was told WEEKS before he got his RFE that his was on someones desk. I refuse to wait WEEKS while others a MONTH after me are getting worked.

Im VERY happy for them..they are spared the pain of watching others get approved while they wait...Amr reminded me today that...no wait will change how he feels...no wait can separate us forever, and that we must focus on our future...and not to look under our feet...but ahead. (Hes sooooooo sweet)...but im STILL ranting and STILL going to call my officials for action.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I dont want to dampen the spirits of those getting approved....but I've created a new thread for those of us June filers (May filers welcome to join to) that are STILL waiting. It will be a place of support, venting, sharing ideas... heres' the link...feel free to join us as we wait this out together.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=98202

I dont want to dampen the spirits of those getting approved....but I've created a new thread for those of us June filers (May filers welcome to join to) that are STILL waiting. It will be a place of support, venting, sharing ideas... heres' the link...feel free to join us as we wait this out together.

Can an April filer also join? :unsure:

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

Prov. 3:3

REMOVING OF CONDITION

08/02/2010 I-751 sent with K2 & my son

08/12/2010 Check cashed

08/06/2010 NOA (received 08/16/2010)

08/18/2010 My son's check was cashed

09/27/2010 Biometrics appointment

10/26/2010 APPROVED

11/1/2010 10yrs GC in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm another one of those June filers who haven't been touched, who haven't been anything since June. Every morning I read this thread and lately I've been getting so depressed. I'm happy for all the July filers but what about me? I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this. I just want control over my life back!

I think June filers should get to their congressmen asap. I'm a July filer and i'm already geting ready for that. Good luck everyone. :thumbs:

Timeline

Can an April filer also join? :unsure:

ALWAYS.... please come...YOU of all people can be such an inspiration....I just need somewhere to go that focuses on support of those waiting...its just getting harder to see the approvals...maybe once a day i can come say congratulations, but i need a different venue..and feel that I need to vent at times..and wonder if THIS is the right thread to do it in.

Timeline

I think June filers should get to their congressmen asap. I'm a July filer and i'm already geting ready for that. Good luck everyone. :thumbs:

Thank you....Im sure you can understand...its nothing against July filers...but the process. Im sure you'd feel the same if everyone else around you and AFTER you were getting word...while you sit and get conflicting information and told to call back in 30 MORE days..(3rd month of being told that)....Anyone that doesnt mind group hugs, venting, crying and is looking for support, comfort and a place to OFFER support come on over...even if you aren't a june/july filer...group hugs are very much needed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mozambique
Timeline
I can't breathe right now......

A P P R O V E D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Sasha's going to freak!!!! Hahahahaha.......Woooooooooo!!!! Praise God!!!!!!! He does exist, he does exist...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Whooooooooooooooooooo

Omizo & Tusha

04/09/2008 - Send the AOS, EAD, AP

04/11/2008 - USCIS received my package

04/28/2008 - Money Order cashed

04/29/2008 - NOA for AOS+EAD+AP

05/02/2008 - Received Hardcopies of NOAs

05/20/2008 - Biometric (Fingerprint)

05/21/2008 - AOS & EAD touched

05/29/2008 - AOS tranfered to CSC

06/04/2008 - AOS touched

06/06/2008 - AOS touched

06/10/2008 - EAD approved

06/10/2008 - AP approved

06/19/2008 - AOS touched

07/22/2008 - Received CRIS e-mail (Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident)

07/23/2008 - AOS touched

07/25/2008 - Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I am right there with you. So depresed... I just don't understand...

Thank you....Im sure you can understand...its nothing against July filers...but the process. Im sure you'd feel the same if everyone else around you and AFTER you were getting word...while you sit and get conflicting information and told to call back in 30 MORE days..(3rd month of being told that)....Anyone that doesnt mind group hugs, venting, crying and is looking for support, comfort and a place to OFFER support come on over...even if you aren't a june/july filer...group hugs are very much needed.

Can you send me the spreadsheet you were referring to? My senator's office asked me to fax over my receipt notification and I will include your spreadsheet as well. Thanks for dong this!

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I can't breathe right now......

A P P R O V E D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Sasha's going to freak!!!! Hahahahaha.......Woooooooooo!!!! Praise God!!!!!!! He does exist, he does exist...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

STATISTICS I PULLED:

OF JUNE FILERS 64% OF THOSE FILED HAVE BEEN APPROVED

OF JULY FILERS 37% HAVE BEEN APPROVED WHICH IM HAPPY FOR.....

THAT MEANS THAT 36% ARE STILL WAITING ON WORD OF THEIR PETITIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER....Does anyone else find it odd that 36% of June filers are still waiting for word on their petitions while VSC is currently starting to work the last half of July?? Am I off base? To wonder why July filers were being approved BEFORE my JUNE file ever was assigned???? Does this information back up the USCIS's commitment of processing first come first served? Am I alone in feeling this is very very unfair..and that the mismanagement of this system has caused tons of heartaches?

Im contacting my senators office today to get answers......

Well, as a fellow June filer, I agree :P

I was thinking about writing my congressmen today or tomorrow. I just have a feeling we've been lost on some vacationer's desk or something. Who knows.

I created a spreadsheet I intend to use..showing the noa1 dates and noa2 dates of all those filers from june/july and ALL those approved that filed aug/sept/oct as well. To SHOW them that Im not making up numbers. That REAL people are WAITING. I want them to SEE that if MY file just hit a desk on Nov 21, HOW did others a MONTH after my noa1 get out onto the floor to be worked???? Im happy to email you a copy if you'd like it.

Here is my theory of what is going on:

Since we have no idea how they process petitions, other than the fact that they put them in boxes and on a shelf somewhere, it is possible that they dont date code label those boxes. They are probably labeled something like "june 129F petitions". There would be 10-15 boxes labeled that way, and when an adjudicator goes over to the shelf, he/she has no idea if they are getting petitions from late June or early June. They are just grabbing a June box off of the shelf because they dont see any April or May boxes. All the June boxes might be on adjudicators desks so some adjudicators, after completing their June box go to the shelf and the only thing left is July, so they are starting to work that.

We also know that, with the large influx of petitions that they had, some were being stored in semi trailers in the parking lot. Chances are that adjudicators are not going to the semi trailers to pull files. There is probably some contractor who is responsible for going to the trailer, finding all the May, June, July boxes and bringing them into the building. My guess is that the contractor missed a box or two of May and June petitions and that is why VSC "found" a box of petitions. It was buried in a place it wasnt supposed to be or it was just flat missed.

Plus the fact that we know there are a lot of vacations going on right now, and if the adjudicator has already ordered name checks on a particular case, they probably cant scan it back into the system, put it back into the box and onto the shelf for the other adjudicators to work on. From what I read in Huskerkievs accounts of the process, I believe that to be true. So, you end up with some petitions on someones desk who is not there, and probably only management has the authority to go over there and complete that case. And we all know how hard it is to get GOVERNMENT MANAGEMENT to do anything remotely resembling work.

We have to remember that in normal time, it would be two days of work for a person to adjudicate 1 box of petitions, however, in government time it is probably closer to two weeks.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am right there with you. So depresed... I just don't understand...

Can you send me the spreadsheet you were referring to? My senator's office asked me to fax over my receipt notification and I will include your spreadsheet as well. Thanks for dong this!

Honestly, I can only imagine what it feels like! I'm a late July filer and I have called both Senators and Condelezza Rice's office, because I am so fed-up! When I look at some of your NOA1 dates...I realize I really need to chill.

It truly must be torture for all of you that filed pre-July that are still waiting for your NOA2's!

You are all most certainly in my thoughts and prayers! (L)

In Jamaica we have a saying..."One Day, One Day the breeze must change...hang tight, you're 'one day' is coming!"

Blessed,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Amrssnowangel, and all of you from June, I think you have a right to be upset. Being a July filer, I honestly am thrilled that they are working July, but I can only imagine what I'll feel like if I start to see August being done and I'm still sitting here. Just a couple people with dates after me have been approved and it makes me feel like, HEY! what about mine? Did you forget mine? So it's okay... we are all happy that Vermont is working and happy to see people get approved... but yeah, it would be nice if they went in order like they said they do. Then we wouldn't have to worry about getting passed up. It just causes more stress! :blink:

K1

------------------------------------

07.12.07 - I-129f petition mailed

07.13.07 - I-129f received by VSC

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.29.07 - NOA2, waited 140 days

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

12.10.07 - Consulate Rec'd

12.13.07 - Packet 3 Rec'd

03.13.08 - Packet 3 sent back to Montreal

04.08.08 - eligible for interview

05.13.08 - Packet 4 Rec'd

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.16.08 - move date, POE via Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

06.25.08 - AOS package sent

06.30.08 - received in Chicago

07.07.08 - NOA1 for 485 (AOS), 765 (EAD), & 131 (AP), rec'd in mail 07.14.08

07.09.08 - touch on all 3

07.10.08 - check cashed

07.28.08 - case transferred to CSC

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.04.08 - touch on AOS & EAD

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

08.06.08, 08.07.08, 08.21.08, 08.22.08 - touch on AOS

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.05.08 - EAD card arrives in mail

09.06.08 - AP arrives in mail (no updates online or via email)

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.24.08 - welcome letter mailed

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

10.04.08 - Green Card received

02.21.09 - "real" wedding in Montreal

Timeline
STATISTICS I PULLED:

HOWEVER....Does anyone else find it odd that 36% of June filers are still waiting for word on their petitions while VSC is currently starting to work the last half of July?? Am I off base? To wonder why July filers were being approved BEFORE my JUNE file ever was assigned???? Does this information back up the USCIS's commitment of processing first come first served? Am I alone in feeling this is very very unfair..and that the mismanagement of this system has caused tons of heartaches?

I was thinking about writing my congressmen today or tomorrow. I just have a feeling we've been lost on some vacationer's desk or something. Who knows.

I created a spreadsheet I intend to use..showing the noa1 dates and noa2 dates of all those filers from june/july and ALL those approved that filed aug/sept/oct as well. To SHOW them that Im not making up numbers. That REAL people are WAITING. I want them to SEE that if MY file just hit a desk on Nov 21, HOW did others a MONTH after my noa1 get out onto the floor to be worked???? Im happy to email you a copy if you'd like it.

Since we have no idea how they process petitions, other than the fact that they put them in boxes and on a shelf somewhere, it is possible that they dont date code label those boxes. They are probably labeled something like "june 129F petitions". There would be 10-15 boxes labeled that way, and when an adjudicator goes over to the shelf, he/she has no idea if they are getting petitions from late June or early June. They are just grabbing a June box off of the shelf because they dont see any April or May boxes. All the June boxes might be on adjudicators desks so some adjudicators, after completing their June box go to the shelf and the only thing left is July, so they are starting to work that.

We also know that, with the large influx of petitions that they had, some were being stored in semi trailers in the parking lot. Chances are that adjudicators are not going to the semi trailers to pull files. There is probably some contractor who is responsible for going to the trailer, finding all the May, June, July boxes and bringing them into the building. My guess is that the contractor missed a box or two of May and June petitions and that is why VSC "found" a box of petitions. It was buried in a place it wasnt supposed to be or it was just flat missed.

Plus the fact that we know there are a lot of vacations going on right now, and if the adjudicator has already ordered name checks on a particular case, they probably cant scan it back into the system, put it back into the box and onto the shelf for the other adjudicators to work on. From what I read in Huskerkievs accounts of the process, I believe that to be true. So, you end up with some petitions on someones desk who is not there, and probably only management has the authority to go over there and complete that case. And we all know how hard it is to get GOVERNMENT MANAGEMENT to do anything remotely resembling work.

We have to remember that in normal time, it would be two days of work for a person to adjudicate 1 box of petitions, however, in government time it is probably closer to two weeks.

Simply put...its poor management. I get better service from my garbage collector.

Timeline
Amrssnowangel, and all of you from June, I think you have a right to be upset. Being a July filer, I honestly am thrilled that they are working July, but I can only imagine what I'll feel like if I start to see August being done and I'm still sitting here. Just a couple people with dates after me have been approved and it makes me feel like, HEY! what about mine? Did you forget mine? So it's okay... we are all happy that Vermont is working and happy to see people get approved... but yeah, it would be nice if they went in order like they said they do. Then we wouldn't have to worry about getting passed up. It just causes more stress! :blink:

I dont mind someone 2 weeks past mine...but we are now talking a full MONTH difference..I dont care WHERE my file WAS...it was THEIR job to keep track, organize it and manage the amount of work flow. They were ill prepared, mismanaged.

Im TRILLED that those that are approved ARE approved...I really am..but yeah...I do think...umm...what about mine??? Hellooo?? Anyone working on it today?? LOL..

STATISTICS I PULLED:

I just noticed your timeline...you JUST filed in SEPTEMBER....Wait .... just see how you feel about this process and coming up with excuses for their poor management. I agree...with alot of what you say...but I find it NOT to be a good excuse. This isn't a credit card payment...its PEOPLES LIVES....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
They must have burned right thru my petition. It was touched for the first time today (well i dont count the first one that we all get) then a few hours later it was approved. Is that normal? Usually I see people getting touched one day, then the next, then the next day an approval. Maybe its all in my head. I was hoping to hear something by Saturday, but this is even better.

Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jayson! it happend to me the same thing I got touched first time on 11/21/07 and that evening here came the approval.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.