bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

It looks like there were no approvals issued for Friday in VSC but I do see one new one for Wednesday.

Congratulations to Joy-Ann & Donald (donone). Sent June 24. NOA2 June 26. NOA2 November 21.

That gives us 54 for the month with a week to go. :)

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi Guys, I have tried very very hard to be patient...then I tried very very hard to do something to feel that I could move this along...ie write letters, call people, send hershey kisses, certify letters, faxes, emails.........and not to upset Oscar with my feelings of anxiety and sadness but in 1 week it will be 6 months since they recieved our petition and we have never recieved a touch or nothing......and when I called USCIS they told me the after 180 days I have to wait 30 days until I can file a formal request for service.......This is killing me now that they are into July for some approvals.....I would rather they at least send me an RFE(not that I want one but at least to know something) then look at that screen every day and see the same last date as June 5, 2007.....augh.....Just having a moment........Lora

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi Guys, I have tried very very hard to be patient...then I tried very very hard to do something to feel that I could move this along...ie write letters, call people, send hershey kisses, certify letters, faxes, emails.........and not to upset Oscar with my feelings of anxiety and sadness but in 1 week it will be 6 months since they recieved our petition and we have never recieved a touch or nothing......and when I called USCIS they told me the after 180 days I have to wait 30 days until I can file a formal request for service.......This is killing me now that they are into July for some approvals.....I would rather they at least send me an RFE(not that I want one but at least to know something) then look at that screen every day and see the same last date as June 5, 2007.....augh.....Just having a moment........Lora

(F)

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know exactly how you feel. i get a little more edgy every day I get closer to 180 days. Pete's asked me to call and make sure they haven't simply lost our paperwork. I haven't called them at all thus far, simply because I know it won't do me any good, but... I think I'll call Monday.

You really shouldn't have to file formal request for service. I paid for it within six months- it should happen! ... it might be rude of me to say so, but I don't really care for their excuses (reasons whatever :P ). :unsure:

We'd thought we were going to have a late winter wedding, back when VSC was going strong, and now we're thinking maybe October.

:clock:

My Timeline

Summer 2005 - Introduced online by a mutual friend

December 2005- Meet face to face. Mark 12/20 official start date.

June 9, 2007 - NOA1 from VSC

February 20, 2008 - APPROVED!!!

February 21, 2008 - paperwork forwarded to NVC.

February 27, 2008 - paperwork sent to Consulate.

March 6, 2008 - Packet 3 recieved.

March 19, 2008 - Packet 3 returned. (minus checklist!)

April 21, 2008 - Returned checklist. All Packet 3 in London.

May 7, 2008 - Medical.

May 30, 2008 - Interview. APPROVED.

July 27, 2008 - Arrives in US.

August 8, 2008 - Legal Wedding

AOS:

Sent: 10/17/08

Notice of Receipt: 10/23/08

I-765 - Rejected: 10/22/08

I-765 Resubmitted: 11/5/08

I485 RFE (for already submitted documents): 11/10/08

Biometrics appointment: 11/14/08

RFE returned: 11/15/08

Transferred to CSC: 5/15/09

Card Production ordered: 7/28/09

Timeline

I know exactly how you feel. i get a little more edgy every day I get closer to 180 days. Pete's asked me to call and make sure they haven't simply lost our paperwork. I haven't called them at all thus far, simply because I know it won't do me any good, but... I think I'll call Monday.

You really shouldn't have to file formal request for service. I paid for it within six months- it should happen! ... it might be rude of me to say so, but I don't really care for their excuses (reasons whatever :P ). :unsure:

We'd thought we were going to have a late winter wedding, back when VSC was going strong, and now we're thinking maybe October.

Today was suppose to be our wedding day......but we might as well be on 2 seperate planets...He is in Peru and I am in Virginia....and the back up date of January 1 is not going to happen either.....I am begining to think the petitions from the first part of June are sitting on someone desk who has not showed to work for the last month....on leave, vacation or got lost going to work and there is no recourse until 210 days after filing....that sucks......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Today was suppose to be our wedding day......but we might as well be on 2 seperate planets...He is in Peru and I am in Virginia....and the back up date of January 1 is not going to happen either.....I am begining to think the petitions from the first part of June are sitting on someone desk who has not showed to work for the last month....on leave, vacation or got lost going to work and there is no recourse until 210 days after filing....that sucks......

I am sorry about the wedding date...we missed ours also...we filed May 11....no RFE...no NOA2....it is at Vermont and we have a congressional inquiry and still nothing...it is crazy....

May 5-sent I129f to Texas and they forwarded to CSC

May 11-priority date according to NOA1 on Hard Copy

May 14-received by CSC...notice sent (never received)

May 15-money order cashed

July 19-called about Hard copy..said they would resend

July 23-lawyer calls and is told application is lost and to resend application

July 25-sent a duplicate application to Texas and it is forwarded to VSC

July 27-called again...said they would resend from CSC

July 31/aug.3/aug.6 "touches"

Aug. 16 received the NOA1 from VSC for duplicate application

Aug. 16-called about Hard Copy...said that they would resend (3rd time) from CSC

Aug. 17-"touch"

Aug. 19-FINALLY RECEIVED THE NOA1 HARD COPY for original application from CSC

October-19-CRIS sent message that they were moving our application to VSC?!?!?

(seems USCIS sent our first application to the wrong center)

November-16 origianl is at the VSC

Dec. 3-congressmans office calls VSC...will be processed by July application date

Feb. 6-APPROVED!!!!

Feb. 7 sent to NVC

Feb. 13 sent to MONTREAL...WRONG EMBASSY!!!!!!! SUPPOSED TO BE VANCOUVER!!!!!!!

Feb. 14 arrived in MONTREAL

Feb. 20 talked to NVC center....supervisor will try to "catch" the application call back in 10-15 days

Feb. 29...talked to the State Department (Visa)...they had NVC send cable today to Montreal instructing them to send packet to VanCouver

March 4...K visa application received at VanCouver

March 6 packet 3 ARRIVED

March 10 packet 3 checklist and DS230 faxed back

March 12 medical exam

March 20 packet 4 received

April 8....interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Question - I have never call USCIS. What is the RFE trick? How do you guys call and get a person in Vermont?

thanks -

suz

Starting over -

I-130

01-08-09 - Mailed I-130

01-09-09 - VSC received I-130 application

01-14-09 - Date of NOA1

01-20-09 - Received NOA1 for I-130

06-17-09 - I-130 Approval

06-22-09 - Received NOA2 for I-130

NVC

07-11-09 - Emailed DS-3032

07-11-09 - Paid AOS Fee $70.00

07-23-09 - DS-3032 Accepted via. Email

08-15-09 - Paid IV Fee $400.00

09-14-09 - Mailed I-864 Package

09-14-09 - Mailed IV DS-230 Package

09-28-09 - Email FROM NVC stating that both forms were incomplete

10-09-09 - NVC Received both forms corrected

10-20-09 - Case Complete at NVC

10-29-09 - CR-1 Interview Date scheduled for 12-23-09

12-23-09 - Placed under Admin Review for six weeks - 2-3-10

01-14-10 - Visa Refused

06-02-10 - USCIS Received the package back from the Embassy

09-18-10 - Hindi Wedding Ceremony

09-28-10 - Recieved Letter from USCIS Stating reasons for revocation

10-01-10 - Returned Package to USCIS will further evidence disputing the reasons the Embassy gave for revocation

11-17-10 - DS 230 and Immigrant Information Sheet returned to the Embassy

12-15-10 - Appointment Letter mailed out setting the interview Date for Feb 7th 2011

02-07-11 - 3rd Interview with the Embassy after USCIS reaffirmed the case

02-09-11 - Visa issued

02-11-11 - Traveled back to the USA - and our journey is finally over! A total of 3.5 years!

Timeline

I am sorry about the wedding date...we missed ours also...we filed May 11....no RFE...no NOA2....it is at Vermont and we have a congressional inquiry and still nothing...it is crazy....

So do they have an explaination for this really bad service.....out of order petitions being approved while others get nothing...pasedt over....lost.....misplaced......and at this point I think they really do not care.......I am sorry for your wait......Life on hold really is unbearable........I hope you get news soon....Lora

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I see there is nothing new here...same as I predicted months ago trying to get everyone to write the elected officials and the media...some didn't like my terse predictions and methods to try to get people just sitting back to take action...I am sorry to see some of my old time friends still on here...jeez, I wish you the best for a soon positive action. I know you rose up and did all you could to make a difference and that is honorable.

For you newbies: take action now, don't wait until you are sitting at 6 months or more to wake up. There are many of you who just slip in and out of here reading and not taking action. The 6 month goal is unacceptable, period. Having employment based and big business supported petitions get better service than the American family is just plain wrong and they will keep it that way until enough people raise up to say is enough. Read through this thread from the beginning and you will see a lot of draft letters you can use, people to write, web address references, etc.

Timeline
I see there is nothing new here...same as I predicted months ago trying to get everyone to write the elected officials and the media...some didn't like my terse predictions and methods to try to get people just sitting back to take action...I am sorry to see some of my old time friends still on here...jeez, I wish you the best for a soon positive action. I know you rose up and did all you could to make a difference and that is honorable.

For you newbies: take action now, don't wait until you are sitting at 6 months or more to wake up. There are many of you who just slip in and out of here reading and not taking action. The 6 month goal is unacceptable, period. Having employment based and big business supported petitions get better service than the American family is just plain wrong and they will keep it that way until enough people raise up to say is enough. Read through this thread from the beginning and you will see a lot of draft letters you can use, people to write, web address references, etc.

I am one of those people who is a call write and drive them crazy type of person.....I have sent out hundreds of emails and called 30 or 40 times and I think people are sick of me....It actually makes me feel better to be a pain in there ###. I sent a letter directly to the director of VSC about the slow not in order approval process and faxed a copy to every Senator and Cogressperson who has anything to do with USCIS on Wednesday of last week....I asked for hearings into this situation for the next session of Congress......the gross mismangement of this should cost at least Mr Gonzalez his job....this really not help me or the 700 petition like mine passed over, lost or whatever the May/June petitions had happen to them.......I totally agree with you to make ourselves a painful reminder of the reality of their ineptness.....Lora

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Question - I have never call USCIS. What is the RFE trick? How do you guys call and get a person in Vermont?

thanks -

suz

Here is the RFE trick Suz: 1-800-375-5283, 1, 2, 2, 4, 2, 1, EACxxxxxxx, 1, 1

It will get you to someone at VSC.

Good luck!!!

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Hey guys - just a quick note for any July filers out there!!!

WeeDebz has been putting together a spreadsheet for July filers and we are distinctly lacking in the VSC area!!! Just thought if anyone hadn't been added and wanted to, if they could PM me or WeeDebz then that would be awesome :D

Thanks!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

thanks -

suz

Here is the RFE trick Suz: 1-800-375-5283, 1, 2, 2, 4, 2, 1, EACxxxxxxx, 1, 1

It will get you to someone at VSC.

Good luck!!!

Like Suz questioned above: What exactly is the RFE trick?

:hehe:

Thanks!

- Vanessa

Conditions lifted 10 yr GC in hands since Feb. 2011!

...onto researching and studying to become a U.S Citizen.

Click here for our complete timeline

6Dqdm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The RFE trick is basically a way to get in touch with a customer service rep by stating you received an RFE. A word of caution though. The customer service reps will tell you absolutely nothing you can't find out on USCIS' website. Once in a blue moon you MIGHT get through to an officer, but it's rare.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Hey Sue!!!!!!! I just logged into VJ and saw your approval!!!!! CONGRATULATIONSSSSSS!!!!!!! I'm very happy for you!!!! You're right!!! Life is crazy!!!!!

thank you SOOOO much, yours is definitely right around the corner....i can feel it in my bones!!! :dance:

sorry it took so long to respond, i usually on go on here when im at work...happy holidays to everyone...ill try and post another list at the end of this week!!

best wishes to all and keep it movin VSC!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.