bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Here is an interesting article about immigration backlogs. Unfortunately it sounds like another group is about to be given priority over us. This time it is people applying to be citizens. The USCIS director seems to feel that it is important to get their petitions processed in time for them to vote in the next election.

"I really want to target the elections," USCIS Director Emilio T. Gonzalez told the Associated Press in an interview published Tuesday. "I really want to get as many people out there to vote as possible."

This is what Director Gonzalez is worrying about these days? Maximizing the number of voters for the next election? Shouldn't he be worrying about cleaning up the mess he created at USCIS before he starts worrying about the voter rolls?

Perhaps he is being influenced by statements like these:

"We have a huge concern on the impact of efforts for people to be able to vote in time for the primaries," said William A. Ramos, Washington spokesman for the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials, which along with Spanish-language media and labor unions has supported voter-registration efforts in potential swing states with large immigrant populations, including California, New York, New Jersey, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado and Florida.

Eliseo Medina, executive vice president of the 1.9 million-member Service Employees International Union, said immigrants who want to assimilate into U.S. culture and politics are being let down. "I think the overwhelming response of immigrants is 'We do want to be part of this country, but we also want our voices heard,' " he said. "Unfortunately, due to the incompetence of the federal agency, they may not be able to register their opinions."

And here is an entry in the Federal Register outlining another new program to give preferential treatment to Cuban immigrants. It is intended to get certain potential immigrants here as quickly as possible so that they are not tempted to swim to Florida.

"SUMMARY: This Notice announces U.S. Citizenship and Immigration

Services' Cuban Family Reunification Parole Program. Under this

program, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is offering

beneficiaries of approved family-based immigrant visa petitions an

opportunity to receive a discretionary grant of parole to come to the

United States rather than remain in Cuba to apply for lawful permanent

resident status. The purpose of the program is to expedite family

reunification through safe, legal, and orderly channels of migration to

the United States and to discourage irregular and inherently dangerous

maritime migration."

And should we assume that there will be a similar program for Haitians Director Gonzalez? Of course not, because the real issue is not the safety of illegal immigrants it is the political muscle of the Cuban American community. The Cuban Family Reunification Parole Program is clarly intended to give preferential treatment to Cubans.

Face it gang. The fact that we are citizens means nothing to USCIS. They are prioritizing the needs of businesses and special interest groups with political influence. We are clearly being out hustled in our own country.

Hey Bill How many votes does he think he will generate a few thousand....this is dumb....by the way do you have an address for Mr. Gonzalez....you would think his where abouts are a matter of national security......I can not find it........thank for the info.....Lora

who has the directors contact info? i do believe that this is an angry letter moment!

-Steve

The Honorable Emilio T Gonzales

Director

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service

20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20529

I cannot find an email address.

I dont know if anyone caught it but at about 630 am this morning cst Fox news had a 30 second blurb on this issue. They said that USCIS is saying 15-18 months for these folks to get their citizenship paperwork processed. They said that the fee increases are the reason for the backlog and that the same thing happened during the Clinton administration. Only this time the Bush admin is not going to try and rush the process to get the people their citizenship before the elections because the Bush admin said that they would have to cut corners on the background checks in order to complete it in time for these people to register for the 08 elections. The Bush admin stated that with the world the way it is now, that they would not comprimise the process by rushing background checks.

So, at least to my ears in terms of our process, this is going to be business as usual, and should not impact us because the tone of the report and what they said led me to believe that they are not going to prioritize this stuff in order to get it finished to allow these folks to vote.

Anyone else catch it this morning and have the same impression, or am I completely off base with my anaylsis of the report?

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an interesting article about immigration backlogs. Unfortunately it sounds like another group is about to be given priority over us. This time it is people applying to be citizens. The USCIS director seems to feel that it is important to get their petitions processed in time for them to vote in the next election.

"I really want to target the elections," USCIS Director Emilio T. Gonzalez told the Associated Press in an interview published Tuesday. "I really want to get as many people out there to vote as possible."

Balance of VJ quote deleted to save space.

I dont know if anyone caught it but at about 630 am this morning cst Fox news had a 30 second blurb on this issue. They said that USCIS is saying 15-18 months for these folks to get their citizenship paperwork processed. They said that the fee increases are the reason for the backlog and that the same thing happened during the Clinton administration. Only this time the Bush admin is not going to try and rush the process to get the people their citizenship before the elections because the Bush admin said that they would have to cut corners on the background checks in order to complete it in time for these people to register for the 08 elections. The Bush admin stated that with the world the way it is now, that they would not comprimise the process by rushing background checks.

So, at least to my ears in terms of our process, this is going to be business as usual, and should not impact us because the tone of the report and what they said led me to believe that they are not going to prioritize this stuff in order to get it finished to allow these folks to vote.

Anyone else catch it this morning and have the same impression, or am I completely off base with my anaylsis of the report?

It sounds like it is an evolving story. The director says one thing, the ####### starts to hit the fan and then the administration issues a "clarifying" statement. In the Washington Post article they quote some USCIS aides who contradicted the director's statement. Just more evidence of a well managed agency. :wacko:

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I know, I liked that too :lol:

'we definitely want to prioritise these because of the election'

'the election has absolutely no bearing on what we're doing'

'the moon is made of green cheese'

oh, I love that my future is in the hands of these turkeys...

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

I think you are still the funiest. :lol:

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Here is the link to the AP article that was referred to in the Washington Post. It is interesting reading.

"Gonzalez ordered his staff to give priority to naturalizations, but some applicants will miss voting in primaries, which begin in January.

I really want to target the elections," Gonzalez said. "I really want to get as many people out there to vote as possible."

My Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think you are still the funiest. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I second that.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. :)

K1

------------------------------------

07.12.07 - I-129f petition mailed

07.13.07 - I-129f received by VSC

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.29.07 - NOA2, waited 140 days

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

12.10.07 - Consulate Rec'd

12.13.07 - Packet 3 Rec'd

03.13.08 - Packet 3 sent back to Montreal

04.08.08 - eligible for interview

05.13.08 - Packet 4 Rec'd

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.16.08 - move date, POE via Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

06.25.08 - AOS package sent

06.30.08 - received in Chicago

07.07.08 - NOA1 for 485 (AOS), 765 (EAD), & 131 (AP), rec'd in mail 07.14.08

07.09.08 - touch on all 3

07.10.08 - check cashed

07.28.08 - case transferred to CSC

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.04.08 - touch on AOS & EAD

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

08.06.08, 08.07.08, 08.21.08, 08.22.08 - touch on AOS

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.05.08 - EAD card arrives in mail

09.06.08 - AP arrives in mail (no updates online or via email)

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.24.08 - welcome letter mailed

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

10.04.08 - Green Card received

02.21.09 - "real" wedding in Montreal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Mirla, Mel and Syl you still haven´t got the approval? What a mess! :protest::ranting: I hope the new week will finally bring it to you (F)(F)(F)(F)(F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
Mirla, Mel and Syl you still haven´t got the approval? What a mess! :protest::ranting: I hope the new week will finally bring it to you (F)(F)(F)(F)(F)

anyone knows if VCS office woking today or shall we wait till monday for them to come back to work.I filed on July 16 and no nwes on my NOA2 YET

Sitll nothing Scott and Marta :crying::crying:

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

Prov. 3:3

REMOVING OF CONDITION

08/02/2010 I-751 sent with K2 & my son

08/12/2010 Check cashed

08/06/2010 NOA (received 08/16/2010)

08/18/2010 My son's check was cashed

09/27/2010 Biometrics appointment

10/26/2010 APPROVED

11/1/2010 10yrs GC in the mail

Timeline
Sitll nothing Scott and Marta :crying::crying:

nothing over here either...somebody mentioned yesterday that USCIS was going to work today...it was on the website...

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/28/08 --- Medical

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is what Director Gonzalez is worrying about these days? Maximizing the number of voters for the next election? Shouldn't he be worrying about cleaning up the mess he created at USCIS before he starts worrying about the voter rolls?

Perhaps he is being influenced by statements like these:

"We have a huge concern on the impact of efforts for people to be able to vote in time for the primaries," said William A. Ramos, Washington spokesman for the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials, which along with Spanish-language media and labor unions has supported voter-registration efforts in potential swing states with large immigrant populations, including California, New York, New Jersey, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado and Florida.

Eliseo Medina, executive vice president of the 1.9 million-member Service Employees International Union, said immigrants who want to assimilate into U.S. culture and politics are being let down. "I think the overwhelming response of immigrants is 'We do want to be part of this country, but we also want our voices heard,' " he said. "Unfortunately, due to the incompetence of the federal agency, they may not be able to register their opinions."

And here is an entry in the Federal Register outlining another new program to give preferential treatment to Cuban immigrants. It is intended to get certain potential immigrants here as quickly as possible so that they are not tempted to swim to Florida.

"SUMMARY: This Notice announces U.S. Citizenship and Immigration

Services' Cuban Family Reunification Parole Program. Under this

program, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is offering

beneficiaries of approved family-based immigrant visa petitions an

opportunity to receive a discretionary grant of parole to come to the

United States rather than remain in Cuba to apply for lawful permanent

resident status. The purpose of the program is to expedite family

reunification through safe, legal, and orderly channels of migration to

the United States and to discourage irregular and inherently dangerous

maritime migration."

And should we assume that there will be a similar program for Haitians Director Gonzalez? Of course not, because the real issue is not the safety of illegal immigrants it is the political muscle of the Cuban American community. The Cuban Family Reunification Parole Program is clarly intended to give preferential treatment to Cubans.

Face it gang. The fact that we are citizens means nothing to USCIS. They are prioritizing the needs of businesses and special interest groups with political influence. We are clearly being out hustled in our own country.

Hey Bill How many votes does he think he will generate a few thousand....this is dumb....by the way do you have an address for Mr. Gonzalez....you would think his where abouts are a matter of national security......I can not find it........thank for the info.....Lora

who has the directors contact info? i do believe that this is an angry letter moment!

-Steve

The Honorable Emilio T Gonzales

Director

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service

20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20529

I cannot find an email address.

Thanks for the address Bill y Bella!

We'll post the letter here once it's done.

- Vanessa

Conditions lifted 10 yr GC in hands since Feb. 2011!

...onto researching and studying to become a U.S Citizen.

Click here for our complete timeline

6Dqdm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

anyone knows if VCS office woking today or shall we wait till monday for them to come back to work.I filed on July 16 and no nwes on my NOA2 YET

Yes.. they should working today:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0000ecd190aRCRD

Conditions lifted 10 yr GC in hands since Feb. 2011!

...onto researching and studying to become a U.S Citizen.

Click here for our complete timeline

6Dqdm4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

They may be at work, but it doesn't seem like they're doing anything. :huh:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline
They may be at work, but it doesn't seem like they're doing anything. :huh:

:unsure:

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/28/08 --- Medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.