bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
What is it with people????

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1292579

Ungrateful people....Im irritated...

Like I said in the thread in OT, I don't understand where all the bickering is coming from. Some people don't think that the article was the best.

I don't understand why people insist on saying this over and over and over again :bonk:

I wish people would just take it for what it was: a way to get people to hear our story. How it turned out is not our fault.

At least we tried.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Like I said in the thread in OT, I don't understand where all the bickering is coming from. Some people don't think that the article was the best.

I don't understand why people insist on saying this over and over and over again :bonk:

I wish people would just take it for what it was: a way to get people to hear our story. How it turned out is not our fault.

At least we tried.

Personally I dont care how it made me "LOOK". What I care about is that its noticed. That it is the START of a process. The START of being heard. I stand by the article. I stand by US Wendy. I dont think we look "desperate or compulsive". I think we look like people being kept from our SO's/husband's and wives by an inept system.

Wouldn't they feel the same...say...if they wanted to adopt a baby...couldn't have one...adopted overseas...then had to wait a year to see him? Hold him? Missing his first steps, his first smile? Wouldln't they feel the same?

Why are people soooooooooooooo jugemental??

OHHHH the deep questions of life..LOL

Im just rambling..sorry guys. I liked the article. Just think it now needs follow up..AND follow THROUGH.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

it's a terrible cliché, but you can't please all of the people all of the time... those involved have done very well to get attention to the issue, and the article was reasonably accurate, and reasonably sympathetic

so if people don't like it, that's their business; don't buy into it :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Timeline
it's a terrible cliché, but you can't please all of the people all of the time... those involved have done very well to get attention to the issue, and the article was reasonably accurate, and reasonably sympathetic

I'd never buy into that....lol......just irritated....US Wendy works hard to help make a difference.

Anyways...we obviously got some attention from all the websites that picked it up...

So WHEN is this chocolate drop?????

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I love that Wendy has done this. I think the article is a great start and I'm in. But I do kinda have to agree that the reporter didnt do us any justice. She sorta made it sound like she is one of those doubters. almost like she has her own opinions but did the article because it was her assignment. It really could have been much better, but its a real start. Congratulations Wendy! You got moxie girl! And I'm one of those people who will stand by you on this.

I wish someone would do a bigger story with a few different couples, having varied experiences.This might help people understand that this immigration thing is like a case of "A few bad apples spoil the bunch".

Edited by Jason-Sasha

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It's a nice start though. You'll always have people who will negatively criticize your efforts/opinion. AS long as what you believe is right and for the better good, that's all that matters.

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

LOL i send a e-mail to Lou Dobbs everyday and i have not even been waiting long but I'm hoping with a preemptive strike will help and what you all are doing is grate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks Mel and Syl.....

Just needed to know that I'm not alone. I called Vermont today and a lady told me that my case was still with an adjucator. Great! Let's see how long they keep my file without making a decision on it.

April 8, 2007 - Visited the love of my life in Nigeria

April 10, 2007 - Engaged

May 21, 2007 - Sent Package to VSC

May 24, 2007 - NOA1 receipt date

August 10, 2007 - Visited the love of my life in Nigeria (again...stayed three weeks)

September 1, 2007 - arrived back in the States

November 5, 2007 - approved!!!

November 6, 2007 - touched

November 9, 2007 - received paper NOA2

November 9, 2007 - NVC forwarded case to consulate

November 15, 2007 - received letter from NVC

November 19, 2007 - fiance has interview date and corresponding forms

December 15, 2007 - Purchase Ticket

January 8, 2008- interview at consulate (approved!)

January 18, 2008- pick up visa

January 19, 2008 - POE (JFK)

February 14, 2008 - married on V-day!

AOS/EAD:

March 14, 2008 - applied for AOS/EAD

March 16, 2008 - AOS/EAD Received

March 20, 2008 - (AOS/EAD) NOA1 Received

March 27, 2008 - Received biometric Appointment

April 8, 2008 - I485 Application transfered to California Service Center

April 11, 2008- Biometrics taken

April 16, 2008 - Touched (AOS Transfered)

May 07, 2008 - Touched

May 08, 2008 - Touched

May 09, 2008 - Touched

May 12, 2008 - Touched

May 13, 2008 - Touched

May 14, 2008 - Touched(EAD card production ordered)

May 19, 2008 - Touched(EAD Approved)

May 19, 2008 - (AOS) Touched

May 19, 2008 - EAD card received!!!

June 05, 2008 - Touched(AOS Card production ordered)

June 09, 2008 - AOS approval notice sent

June 12, 2008 - Green Card received in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes! The upside to this whole ordeal for me is the resilence and the support in the group. We all ought to have a huge party when we get through this!!

Always remember-- its better to try and fail, then not trying at all!!

Keep the faith!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'd never buy into that....lol......just irritated....US Wendy works hard to help make a difference.

Anyways...we obviously got some attention from all the websites that picked it up...

So WHEN is this chocolate drop?????

:ph34r: choco ninja here.

We need to square away the press release distribution. Bill B and I think we should pay the $299 for max effect. Need to know who is interested in contributing, so far Bill B, Zee, Amrssnowangel, Janaus. Once I know total number of contributors I can divide into $299 to get amount for each. Everyone who's in for that part please pm me and I'll send back my address so you can send your contribution, ok?

Then we can bomb away anytime.

:thumbs:

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

At least we tried.

Personally I dont care how it made me "LOOK". What I care about is that its noticed. That it is the START of a process. The START of being heard. I stand by the article. I stand by US Wendy. I dont think we look "desperate or compulsive". I think we look like people being kept from our SO's/husband's and wives by an inept system.

Wouldn't they feel the same...say...if they wanted to adopt a baby...couldn't have one...adopted overseas...then had to wait a year to see him? Hold him? Missing his first steps, his first smile? Wouldln't they feel the same?

Im just rambling..sorry guys. I liked the article. Just think it now needs follow up..AND follow THROUGH.

Bold in the above added for emphasis

Personally, I am compulsive. I check this website so many times a day it is pitiful. I think anyone in our positions would be compulsive! We get no info from the USCIS, and the only place we can get any accurate info is here. I check to see if anyone has their approval so I will see with my own eyes if things are moving and can make reasonable, albiet probably inaccurate assumptions about the health of this process.

The naysayers and detractors either dont know how pitiful this waiting game is, or have forgotten what it felt like. I have done a lot of things in my life, and this waiting to start my new life with the one I love is the hardest thing I have ever done. People who are not involved in this process have really no idea what it is like. The only people other than us that I can think of who know what we are going thru are the families of deployed military personell. IMHO

I saw no problem with the article other than it provided more "story" than details, but that is not a bad thing. The emotional aspect is good a lot of the time too.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Timeline

At least we tried.

Personally, I am compulsive. I check this website so many times a day it is pitiful. I think anyone in our positions would be compulsive! We get no info from the USCIS, and the only place we can get any accurate info is here. I check to see if anyone has their approval so I will see with my own eyes if things are moving and can make reasonable, albiet probably inaccurate assumptions about the health of this process.

The naysayers and detractors either dont know how pitiful this waiting game is, or have forgotten what it felt like. I have done a lot of things in my life, and this waiting to start my new life with the one I love is the hardest thing I have ever done. People who are not involved in this process have really no idea what it is like. The only people other than us that I can think of who know what we are going thru are the families of deployed military personell. IMHO

I saw no problem with the article other than it provided more "story" than details, but that is not a bad thing. The emotional aspect is good a lot of the time too.

All good points. Though, I do wish the article's author would have given more facts and details about the actual process. Guess I was hoping she would chew up USCIS a bit. But it was good overall.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

At least we tried.

All good points. Though, I do wish the article's author would have given more facts and details about the actual process. Guess I was hoping she would chew up USCIS a bit. But it was good overall.

I dont think she CAN "chew" up USCIS....lawsuits???

Timeline

It was actually a bit of humor. Though, she could have listed the complaints that we have a bit differently I suppose. we chew USCIS up everyday here. Hell, journalists are notorious for their digging and their bashing. You think Uncle Sam should be a reason to keep them gentle? no way. At least that article made it to so many other outlets. This is impressive and Wendy should be proud. Here's to hoping!

So, it seems we are still stuck in this slow rate of 1 approval every other day or so. Zzzzzzz.......

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Good luck everyone tomorrow!!! :D:thumbs:

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.