bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

It's out!!!!

I don't know about impact for the CAUSE, but it's out!!!.....OMG!!!Immigration DebateFull Coverage

Pursuit of Fiance Visas Leads Lovelorn to Bond Online

By Karin Brulliard

Washington Post Staff Writer

Monday, October 29, 2007; Page A01

This is what love has done to Wendy Brown: She's lost weight, resumed smoking and all but decided to move to the Balkans to be with her Albanian fiance. And each night, she spends hours in her cozy Baltimore apartment mingling online with strangers who are equally fixated on the same topic: getting their soul mates through the U.S. immigration system.

"We are both devastated," Brown, 38, wrote last spring on VisaJourney.com, reporting that the U.S. Embassy in Albania had denied her fiance a visa. She also posted a list of the questions the fiance was asked at his interview. "I'm going to keep fighting and fighting until we get what we both want more than anything in the world. . . . and that is to be together." Many people are frustrated with the immigration process and its long lines and opaque applications that, if misinterpreted, can send a case back to square one. Perhaps none are more ardent than the growing ranks of U.S. citizens applying for fiance and spouse visas, who say their passion is driven by a sense that their own government is fighting them and by the fear that delays or denials might spell the end of a romance.

the rest at:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...02801706_2.html

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Very cool Wendy. I so hope this helps. :yes: Maybe this will be enough to bring loads of attention to your case and all of our cases. Thank you and good luck!

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Very cool Wendy. I so hope this helps. :yes: Maybe this will be enough to bring loads of attention to your case and all of our cases. Thank you and good luck!

Next thing you know, you will be on a television news broadcast in primetime telling it like it is! :thumbs:

P.S. That's a very nice dress you have. i hope you will be able to wear it soon.... ;)

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok, everyone..time to get fired up.

""People who aren't born-and-bred American citizens are taking precedence over American citizens. . . . The government is talking about, 'Let's legalize the illegal aliens' when you're waiting for your loved ones to get here. What happened to family first?" said Faith Keenan, 43, of Ruther Glen, Va. She applied for a visa for her Egyptian fiance four months ago. She said she thinks about her pending application "all day long. It consumes you."

US Wendy worked HARD to get this reporter to hear us. She has made it so Millions of people see our story...OUR story.

Go get this TODAY!! CLIP it out...SEND it to your senators...AND to the director of VCS...

Who can get those addresses back up here today? To make this EASY for everyone??? We need a complete listing of addresses to write instead of pilfering through these pages to find them....Also, spread to word to other forums. Get EVERYONE involved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(Bill B @ Oct 28 2007, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:thumbs: Ok here's the latest version with Zee and Bill B's changes. I'm also willing to pitch in for the press release, we might as well give it the best chance to succeed.

Date FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CITIZENS JOIN IN CHOCOLATE GIFTS TO USCIS IN HOPE TO GET SAME SERVICE FOREIGN WORKERS GOT WITH FLOWERS TO DIRECTOR OF USCIS

- A Web based group of US Citizens frustrated with wait times that have increased from one month to five months and growing for the first step In the long process of bringing their fiance(e)'s to the USA has sent loads of Hershey's Kisses to remind USCIS that they are waiting to be with their loved ones and trying to follow the legal way of bringing them to the United States -

This week dozens of pounds of chocolate kisses were sent to the USCIS Vermont office by US Citizens petitioning for I129f visas for their fiance(e)'s to join them in the USA. The first step in the year or longer process that continues once they arrive in the US is the I129f petition to show the fiance(e)' is initially eligible to apply. These citizens are also frustrated that foreign workers holding H1B visas can get a visa for their spouses in just one day from the US Embassy in their home country.

Waiting times for this initial step have increased from one month in April to five months and climbing. This is in spite of a more than 150% increase in the filing fee in July. This extended time apart is very stressful for the couples who have to deal with separation anxiety, medical issues like miscarriages or family health emergencies, even children being raised without one parent.

These citizens are frustrated that USCIS is giving priority to work related visas and has pulled immigration officers off their cases for other "priorities". They also want adjusted what they believe is an unreasonable, unfair, and immoral internal USCIS goal of six months to complete the initial step of the I129f petition (which can take a processor as little as 15 minutes to review). This type of I129 petitioner is also not allowed to pay for premium 15 day processing as employment visas are allowed to request. The citizens hope that by sending these chocolates they can get the same positive response foreign workers with H1Bs got by sending flowers to the USCIS director earlier this year when they sought, successfully, to extend an already unusual opening for them to file greencard requests.

###

For more info contact at

Virgillionairre,

How about let's set a contribution for this at $50 and anybody wanting to participate to send you a personal message to give them your name and mailing address to send the money to you? If you get less than 7 people, we can give more, if you get more than 7 we can give less. Will $350 cover all your costs?

Ok Bill,

that sounds good. I actually found a cheaper, better site to distribute for $299. So make it 6 people? As far as I know that should cover it.

I hope we can do it in the next week or so. I guess pick a day to order the chocolates together, then put the press release out the day they start arriving?

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Timeline

COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also...seems the story in the Washington POst is page ONE!!!!!

Finding Love Abroad, Then Support Online for Visa Quest

By Karin Brulliard

Im assuming thats what page A01 means??????

Here are the new VSC summary stats that reflect approvals dated through Oct 27th. To compare to the previous report, click here.

The projected number of processing days is based upon the number of open petitions divided by number of petitions approved per day for the various periods. As the approval rate changes, the projected processing time will change also. Perhaps dramatically. Please do not take the projections too seriously. However, projections may be useful in determining if your plans are realistic given the current rate of approvals.

This table lays out very well in my Internet Explorer. If it looks strange in your browser please let me know. Suggestions as to how to make the Summary Stat Report better are welcome.

VSC K1 Summary Stats Through Oct 27 as of Oct 28, 11:10 PM Eastern US Time

Submissions & Approvals

Month  Petitions   NOA1's   NOA2's    Open       Avg Days           Avg Days Sent to NOA2
          Sent                                 Sent to NOA2      For Approvals In Last 15 Days
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apr        45       45       41         4           81                        NA
May        57       56       31        26          108                       154
Jun        49       48        1        48          103                        NA
Jul        91       88        1        90           63                        NA
Aug        27       27        0        27           NA                        NA
Sep        36       33        2        34           26                        26
Oct        27       19        0        27           NA                        NA
Total     332      316       76       256           NA                        NA

Rate of Adjudication Through 10/27

Period              Approvals     Rate Per Day
----------------------------------------------
Last 60 Days           24             0.40
Last 30 Days           12             0.40
Last 15 Days            6             0.40
Last  7 Days            2             0.29

Cumulative # of Days Required To Process Open Petitions At Various Rates. Assumes 10% of all open petitions are dead. # Of days required is a rough estimate only and subject to large fluctuations as approval rates change.

Month     Days @              Days @               Days @               Days @
        7 Day Rate          15 Day Rate          30 Day Rate          60 Day Rate        
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apr        13                    9                    9                    9
May        95                   68                   68                   68
Jun       246                  176                  176                  176
Jul       529                  378                  378                  378
Aug       614                  439                  439                  439
Sep       721                  515                  515                  515
Oct       806                  576                  576                  576

Disclaimer: All statistics are compiled from VJ sources and are done so in a straight forward and consistent manner solely in an effort to help members obtain a clear picture of VSC progress or lack thereof. The author is not responsible for any depression, elation, discouragement, encouragement, jubilation, anger, pom pom waving or self flagellation caused by these statistics. Members who do not wish to experience any of the aforementioned emotions and/or activities as well as any other human emotions and/or activities are encouraged to utilize the appropriate reality denial technique as recommended by their mental health professional.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
It's out!!!!

I don't know about impact for the CAUSE, but it's out!!!.....OMG!!!

Immigration DebateFull Coverage

Pursuit of Fiance Visas Leads Lovelorn to Bond Online

By Karin Brulliard

This is what love has done to Wendy Brown: She's lost weight, resumed smoking and all but decided to move to the Balkans to be with her Albanian fiance. And each night, she spends hours in her cozy Baltimore apartment mingling online with strangers who are equally fixated on the same topic: getting their soul mates through the U.S. immigration system.

"We are both devastated," Brown, 38, wrote last spring on VisaJourney.com, reporting that the U.S. Embassy in Albania had denied her fiance a visa. She also posted a list of the questions the fiance was asked at his interview. "I'm going to keep fighting and fighting until we get what we both want more than anything in the world. . . . and that is to be together." Many people are frustrated with the immigration process and its long lines and opaque applications that, if misinterpreted, can send a case back to square one. Perhaps none are more ardent than the growing ranks of U.S. citizens applying for fiance and spouse visas, who say their passion is driven by a sense that their own government is fighting them and by the fear that delays or denials might spell the end of a romance.

the rest at:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...02801706_2.html

:thumbs: Wow, page A01 - sounds like the front page to me :dance:

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Wow! I just read the whole article twice!!! I know this will help a lot current and future petitions. We can't thank you enough Wendy!

Beautiful dress :)

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Maybe the fact that this has hit the Post will mean it will hit major news outlets?

Maybe we need to mail some of these off anyway and not wait for them to pick it up.

If it really made the first page, that is amazing.

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

if you go to www.washingtonpost.com, there it is on the front page, just a couple of paragraphs down :)

well done, US Wendy; it's a great article :yes:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Timeline

Well as we all expected VCS denied my expedite request. Im sure its for the best. But the girl wasn't one of the nice ones. First time ever I delt with one not nice. Wouldnt give anything but that they are working 6 months. So not to expect anything till December. I told her CSC is ripping out approvals 5-6 a day...we get 15 or less a MONTH. I said it is frustrating and not right. She said maybe they just have more people. I said it would be nice to have SOME sort of information as to WHY its taking so long.

My SO and I decided I"d fly over in January if we dont have an approval by then. So either way...i'll be going sometime in Jan. (Maybe feb if our interview is then) How do they expect us to be ok with this? While they continue to give H1 visas approvals in 2 months??? HOW? Ok...I need to go finish crying. My positive energy is drained.

GROUP HUG!!!

When do we send those kisses??? Im in all the way...how much do you need...where do I send it??? Just say what is needed more.....

How many are clipping that article and sending copies to everyone we can?????

What other things can we do to get attention to get this fixed or at least heard????

US Wendy, thank you for all your work, Virgillionair...you to...Bill for your numbers....(chances are you are accurate...but watch out...as soon as I find my pom poms...i'll be back with bells on and ready to cheer on our EFFORTS...brace yourself) hehehe

Prayer...does anyone here believe in prayer? How about a day of prayer for our cause???? Seems this is in Gods hands....its HIM we should be seeking...any ideas???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT A TOUCH TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN I SAW IT MY HEART STOPPED, I THOUGHT I WAS SEEING THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE I HOPE THERE IS NOTHING ELSE BAD THAT COULD HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT A TOUCH TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN I SAW IT MY HEART STOPPED, I THOUGHT I WAS SEEING THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE I HOPE THERE IS NOTHING ELSE BAD THAT COULD HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

I think its a good thing! Hopefully that NOA2 will be sent later today! Keep the faith Byron!! Its your time!!! Finally!!!

Now how about Mirla, VSC??????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.