bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
WELL I HIT 5 MONTHS. IM GOING TO CHRIS SMITHS OFFICE NEXT WEEK TO SEE WHAT HE CAN DO. HE IS A REP FROM JERSEY AND I HEAR HE WORKS HARD FOR HIS PEOPLE. NOT SURE HOW TO PROCEED BUT ITS A START. MY LAWYER SAID WAIT TILL 6 MONTH POINT BUT NUTS TO THAT. I BEEN PATIENT LONG ENOUGH. I WANT TO LIVE.

Yiu may as well have everything signed and ready to go with the congressman so that if you do hit 6 months they can immediately make the inquiry.

STUPID QUESTION. HE IS IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES. DOES HE HAVE TO BE IN CONGRESS? HE HELPED ME IN THE PAST WITH A WRONGFUL TERMINATION ISSUE BEFORE

The US Congress is made up of the Senate and House of Representatives.

of course. i meant i should contact chris smith,not frank lautanberg or mendenzez,my senators.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
WELL I HIT 5 MONTHS. IM GOING TO CHRIS SMITHS OFFICE NEXT WEEK TO SEE WHAT HE CAN DO. HE IS A REP FROM JERSEY AND I HEAR HE WORKS HARD FOR HIS PEOPLE. NOT SURE HOW TO PROCEED BUT ITS A START. MY LAWYER SAID WAIT TILL 6 MONTH POINT BUT NUTS TO THAT. I BEEN PATIENT LONG ENOUGH. I WANT TO LIVE.

Yiu may as well have everything signed and ready to go with the congressman so that if you do hit 6 months they can immediately make the inquiry.

STUPID QUESTION. HE IS IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES. DOES HE HAVE TO BE IN CONGRESS? HE HELPED ME IN THE PAST WITH A WRONGFUL TERMINATION ISSUE BEFORE

The US Congress is made up of the Senate and House of Representatives.

of course. i meant i should contact chris smith,not frank lautanberg or mendenzez,my senators.

Contact whoever will help you. Contact all 3 if you want.

I contacted my senator.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Another updated draft - hope to get this rolling this week so we can make the Post article :thumbs:

OK Operation Chocolate press release 2.1 :

Date FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CITIZENS JOIN IN CHOCOLATE GIFTS TO USCIS IN HOPE TO GET SERVICE FOREIGN WORKERS GOT WITH FLOWERS TO DIRECTOR OF USCIS

- A Web based group of US Citizens frustrated with waiting times that have increased from one month to five months and growing for the first step on the long process to bring their fiancee's to the USA has sent loads of Hershey's Kisses to remind USCIS that they are waiting to be with their loved ones and trying to follow the legal wayof bringing them to the United States -

This week dozens of pounds of chocolate kisses were sent to the USCIS Vermont office by US Citizens applying for I129f visas for their fiancee's to join them in the USA. The first step in the year or longer process that continues once they arrive in the US is the I129f petition to show the fiancee' is initially eligible to apply. These citizens are also frustrated that foreign workers holding H1B visas can get a visa for their spouses in just one day from the US Embassy in their home country.

Waiting times for this initial step have increased from one month in April to five months and climbing. This is in spite of a more than 150%increase in the filing fee in July. This extended time apart is very stressful for the couples who have to deal with separation anxiety, medical issues like miscarriages or family health emergencies, even children being raised without one parent.

These citizens are frustrated that USCIS is giving priority to work related visas and has pulled immigration officers off their cases for other priorities. They also want adjusted what they believe is an unreasonable, unfair, and immoral internal USCIS goal of six months to complete the initial step of the I129f petition (which can take a processor as little as 15 minutes to review). This type of I129 petition is also not allowed to pay for premium 15 day processing as employment visas are allowed to request. The citizens hope that by sending these chocolates they can get the same positive response foreign workers with H1Bs got by sending flowers to the USCIS director earlier this year when they sought, successfully, to extend an already unusual opening for them to file greencard requests.

###

For more info contact at

virgillionairre,

Thanks again for the work on this.

Looking good..concerning the last para, I would put the word priorities in quotation marks, ie. "priorities"

In this part of the last para, "This type of I129 petition...' I would change the word "petition" to "petitioner"

By the way, I am willing to pay a share of the money to post it. Who else is?

Edited by Bill B

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Another updated draft - hope to get this rolling this week so we can make the Post article :thumbs:

OK Operation Chocolate press release 2.1 :

CITIZENS JOIN IN CHOCOLATE GIFTS TO USCIS IN HOPE TO GET THE SAME SERVICE FOREIGN WORKERS GOT WITH FLOWERS TO DIRECTOR OF USCIS

- A Web based group of US Citizens frustrated with wait times that have increased from one month to five months and growing for the first step in the long process of bringing their fiance(e)'s to the USA has sent loads of Hershey's Kisses to remind USCIS that they are waiting to be with their loved ones and trying to follow the legal way of bringing them to the United States -

This week dozens of pounds of chocolate kisses were sent to the USCIS Vermont office by US Citizens petitioning for I129f visas for their fiance(e)'s to join them in the USA. The first step in the year or longer process that continues once they arrive in the US is the I129f petition to show the fiancee' is initially eligible to apply. These citizens are also frustrated that foreign workers holding H1B visas can get a visa for their spouses in just one day from the US Embassy in their home country.

Waiting times for this initial step have increased from one month in April to five months and climbing. This is in spite of a more than 150% increase in the filing fee in July. This extended time apart is very stressful for the couples who have to deal with separation anxiety, medical issues like miscarriages or family health emergencies, even children being raised without one parent.

These citizens are frustrated that USCIS is giving priority to work related visas and has pulled immigration officers off their cases for other priorities. They also want adjusted what they believe is an unreasonable, unfair, and immoral internal USCIS goal of six months to complete the initial step of the I129f petition (which can take a processor as little as 15 minutes to review). This type of I129 petition is also not allowed to pay for premium 15 day processing as employment visas are allowed to request. The citizens hope that by sending these chocolates they can get the same positive response foreign workers with H1Bs got by sending flowers to the USCIS director earlier this year when they sought, successfully, to extend an already unusual opening for them to file greencard requests.

###

For more info contact at

I made my changes in bold.

Excellent work :thumbs: It looks really good.

Let us know how much all this is going to cost.

Thanks virgillionaire :D

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Sure, I can contribute.

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You might want to also point out that in addition to the petitioning step, there are still other steps to follow which can take additional months. That's why it's imperative that the petitioning phase needs to be legally reduced to no more than 90 days,etc. Or something like that.

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

THE STORY COMES OUT TOMORROW!!!!

This is my disclaimer:

OBVIOUSLY, I HAVEN'T READ IT AND I'M TRYING TO REMAIN POSITIVE....BUT, I'M PRAYING IT'S FAVORABLE-->STILL IN LIGHT OF EVERYTHING I'VE BEEN THROUGH, I AM ALSO A BIT PESSIMISTIC.................PLEASE REMEMBER I DIDN'T WRITE IT SO BEAR THAT IN MIND WHILE YOU ARE READING IT.

I'M FLYING OUT TO ALBANIA WEDNESDAY NIGHT BUT I AM HOPING THAT THIS ARTICLE SHEDS A LITTLE LIGHT ON OUR SUFFERING. I TOTALLY EXPOSED MYSELF, IDENTITY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION (as have a few of you here) FOR THIS ARTICLE SOLELY IN THE HOPES THAT EVERYONE HERE, INCLUDING MYSELF, CAN EXPECT SOME SMALL POSITIVE CHANGE BY BRINGING OUR STORY TO THE PUBLIC.....

I'M TOLD THAT THE FOCUS OF THE ARTICLE IS ON VJ AND THE NEED FOR A FORUM LIKE THIS DUE TO THE COMPLEXITY OF THE FAMILY-VISA PROCESS. REMEMBER, REPORTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FAIR AND BALANCED, SO THERE IS LITTLE DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT USCIS TOLD 'THEIR' SIDE OF THE STORY. JUST WANT TO COVER ALL THE BASES HERE SO THAT YOU AREN'T DISAPPOINTED IF THE STORY IS TOLD FROM PERSPECTIVE DIFFERENT FROM WHAT WE WANT.

THOSE OF YOU WITH OTHER MEDIA CONTACTS SHOULD PURSUE THEM AND GET AS MANY STORIES PUBLISHED AS POSSIBLE.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL....I'LL BE STOPPING IN FROM TIME TO TIME.

--WENDY

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

Timeline

This is my disclaimer:

OBVIOUSLY, I HAVEN'T READ IT AND I'M TRYING TO REMAIN POSITIVE....BUT, I'M PRAYING IT'S FAVORABLE-->STILL IN LIGHT OF EVERYTHING I'VE BEEN THROUGH, I AM ALSO A BIT PESSIMISTIC.................PLEASE REMEMBER I DIDN'T WRITE IT SO BEAR THAT IN MIND WHILE YOU ARE READING IT.

I'M FLYING OUT TO ALBANIA WEDNESDAY NIGHT BUT I AM HOPING THAT THIS ARTICLE SHEDS A LITTLE LIGHT ON OUR SUFFERING. I TOTALLY EXPOSED MYSELF, IDENTITY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION (as have a few of you here) FOR THIS ARTICLE SOLELY IN THE HOPES THAT EVERYONE HERE, INCLUDING MYSELF, CAN EXPECT SOME SMALL POSITIVE CHANGE BY BRINGING OUR STORY TO THE PUBLIC.....

I'M TOLD THAT THE FOCUS OF THE ARTICLE IS ON VJ AND THE NEED FOR A FORUM LIKE THIS DUE TO THE COMPLEXITY OF THE FAMILY-VISA PROCESS. REMEMBER, REPORTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FAIR AND BALANCED, SO THERE IS LITTLE DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT USCIS TOLD 'THEIR' SIDE OF THE STORY. JUST WANT TO COVER ALL THE BASES HERE SO THAT YOU AREN'T DISAPPOINTED IF THE STORY IS TOLD FROM PERSPECTIVE DIFFERENT FROM WHAT WE WANT.

THOSE OF YOU WITH OTHER MEDIA CONTACTS SHOULD PURSUE THEM AND GET AS MANY STORIES PUBLISHED AS POSSIBLE.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL....I'LL BE STOPPING IN FROM TIME TO TIME.

--WENDY

Hi Wendy,

Welcome back. Thanks for all your work on this. Is it coming out in the Washington Post?

Have a great trip!

Perhaps all of us should buy a copy of the Post, clip out this article, and start mailing it out to everyone we can think of in an effort to get even more attention?

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Timeline

Yes it's the Washington Post. The reporters name is Karin Brulliard. Not sure what section it will be in, though they did an article about foreign artists problems with visas last week on the front page.

I think clipping it out and using it is a good idea. I think we should send it with the press release.

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Great work Wendy. Thanks! :thumbs:

Have a good trip. :)

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Timeline

:thumbs: Ok here's the latest version with Zee and Bill B's changes. I'm also willing to pitch in for the press release, we might as well give it the best chance to succeed.

CITIZENS JOIN IN CHOCOLATE GIFTS TO USCIS IN HOPE TO GET SAME SERVICE FOREIGN WORKERS GOT WITH FLOWERS TO DIRECTOR OF USCIS

- A Web based group of US Citizens frustrated with wait times that have increased from one month to five months and growing for the first step In the long process of bringing their fiance(e)'s to the USA has sent loads of Hershey's Kisses to remind USCIS that they are waiting to be with their loved ones and trying to follow the legal way of bringing them to the United States -

This week dozens of pounds of chocolate kisses were sent to the USCIS Vermont office by US Citizens petitioning for I129f visas for their fiance(e)'s to join them in the USA. The first step in the year or longer process that continues once they arrive in the US is the I129f petition to show the fiance(e)' is initially eligible to apply. These citizens are also frustrated that foreign workers holding H1B visas can get a visa for their spouses in just one day from the US Embassy in their home country.

Waiting times for this initial step have increased from one month in April to five months and climbing. This is in spite of a more than 150% increase in the filing fee in July. This extended time apart is very stressful for the couples who have to deal with separation anxiety, medical issues like miscarriages or family health emergencies, even children being raised without one parent.

These citizens are frustrated that USCIS is giving priority to work related visas and has pulled immigration officers off their cases for other "priorities". They also want adjusted what they believe is an unreasonable, unfair, and immoral internal USCIS goal of six months to complete the initial step of the I129f petition (which can take a processor as little as 15 minutes to review). This type of I129 petitioner is also not allowed to pay for premium 15 day processing as employment visas are allowed to request. The citizens hope that by sending these chocolates they can get the same positive response foreign workers with H1Bs got by sending flowers to the USCIS director earlier this year when they sought, successfully, to extend an already unusual opening for them to file greencard requests.

###

For more info contact at

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Timeline
:thumbs: Ok here's the latest version with Zee and Bill B's changes. I'm also willing to pitch in for the press release, we might as well give it the best chance to succeed.

CITIZENS JOIN IN CHOCOLATE GIFTS TO USCIS IN HOPE TO GET SAME SERVICE FOREIGN WORKERS GOT WITH FLOWERS TO DIRECTOR OF USCIS

- A Web based group of US Citizens frustrated with wait times that have increased from one month to five months and growing for the first step In the long process of bringing their fiance(e)'s to the USA has sent loads of Hershey's Kisses to remind USCIS that they are waiting to be with their loved ones and trying to follow the legal way of bringing them to the United States -

This week dozens of pounds of chocolate kisses were sent to the USCIS Vermont office by US Citizens petitioning for I129f visas for their fiance(e)'s to join them in the USA. The first step in the year or longer process that continues once they arrive in the US is the I129f petition to show the fiance(e)' is initially eligible to apply. These citizens are also frustrated that foreign workers holding H1B visas can get a visa for their spouses in just one day from the US Embassy in their home country.

These citizens are frustrated that USCIS is giving priority to work related visas and has pulled immigration officers off their cases for other "priorities". They also want adjusted what they believe is an unreasonable, unfair, and immoral internal USCIS goal of six months to complete the initial step of the I129f petition (which can take a processor as little as 15 minutes to review). This type of I129 petitioner is also not allowed to pay for premium 15 day processing as employment visas are allowed to request. The citizens hope that by sending these chocolates they can get the same positive response foreign workers with H1Bs got by sending flowers to the USCIS director earlier this year when they sought, successfully, to extend an already unusual opening for them to file greencard requests.

###

For more info contact at

Virgillionairre,

How about let's set a contribution for this at $50 and anybody wanting to participate to send you a personal message to give them your name and mailing address to send the money to you? If you get less than 7 people, we can give more, if you get more than 7 we can give less. Will $350 cover all your costs?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.