bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

My daughter is married to a Marine. Over the last 6 years he has been deployed 5 times. 3 times to Iraq. And yes it is very difficult. My daughter is 24 raising two small boys basically alone. It puts a stress and strain on them. They've been married 7 years this month. So if a 17 year old can marry a Marine, bear him two children, give birth to her last one ALONE while he is in Iraq, raise these boys mostly alone and maintain a very long distance, SCAREY relationship...surely our mere 6 month wait for an initial answer is a drop in the bucket. He was there for the Shock and Awe...saw friends die..was shot at....endured many hardhips..but their love, commitment and determination have glued them together. My daughter spends her alone holidays making dinners for the guys on duty that can't go home, assisting new wives of Marines and new moms. Her way of dealing is to stay busy and help others. Suck it up guys...we can do this...the more positive we stay...the more FOCUSED we stay...the easier the wait will be. We have two choices...be miserable and watch the time tick...or be positive and find good things to do to fill our time. SEMPER FI...is the marines Moto...ALWAYS FAITHFUL. Lets be faithful to ourselves, to our loved ones and to our journey!!! So when you feel down...go to the mirror....and say...SEMPER FI....this WILL pass.... Find your inner strength and make it a good experience. A time of growth and successes. Byron, Mirla, and other who still wait from May...your time is coming...it is...hang in there...SEMPER FI !!! If my daughter can achieve all this from the young age of 17 to now....then I certainly can handle this short time in my life. My daughter is my inspiration in my journey...THANK YOU MEL...MOM LOVES YOU!!

Wow! I am telling you...if it´s you on the pic I am looking at, it seems like you are 24...wouldn´t certainly think you have a 24 year old daughter :o

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
My daughter is married to a Marine. Over the last 6 years he has been deployed 5 times. 3 times to Iraq. And yes it is very difficult. My daughter is 24 raising two small boys basically alone. It puts a stress and strain on them. They've been married 7 years this month. So if a 17 year old can marry a Marine, bear him two children, give birth to her last one ALONE while he is in Iraq, raise these boys mostly alone and maintain a very long distance, SCAREY relationship...surely our mere 6 month wait for an initial answer is a drop in the bucket. He was there for the Shock and Awe...saw friends die..was shot at....endured many hardhips..but their love, commitment and determination have glued them together. My daughter spends her alone holidays making dinners for the guys on duty that can't go home, assisting new wives of Marines and new moms. Her way of dealing is to stay busy and help others. Suck it up guys...we can do this...the more positive we stay...the more FOCUSED we stay...the easier the wait will be. We have two choices...be miserable and watch the time tick...or be positive and find good things to do to fill our time. SEMPER FI...is the marines Moto...ALWAYS FAITHFUL. Lets be faithful to ourselves, to our loved ones and to our journey!!! So when you feel down...go to the mirror....and say...SEMPER FI....this WILL pass.... Find your inner strength and make it a good experience. A time of growth and successes. Byron, Mirla, and other who still wait from May...your time is coming...it is...hang in there...SEMPER FI !!! If my daughter can achieve all this from the young age of 17 to now....then I certainly can handle this short time in my life. My daughter is my inspiration in my journey...THANK YOU MEL...MOM LOVES YOU!!

Wow! I am telling you...if it´s you on the pic I am looking at, it seems like you are 24...wouldn´t certainly think you have a 24 year old daughter :o

Aweeeeeeeeeeee thank you....nope..im MUCH older than 24...I have a 6.5 yr old grandson and a 1 yr old grandson!! But can I keep you???? THAT was good for my ego!! I have a 24 yr old daughter, 21 yr old son and 20 year old son. Im just a young spirit....but thank you so much...you made my decade!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Yep, there is always someone else worse off in the world. So let's get those pom poms back out and cheer VSC on and tell each other it's coming, it's coming soon...

...at least until we crawl into bed alone tonight, and tomorrow night, etc, etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Jason and Mirla: thanks for your comments :):thumbs:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Good news guys!! We got APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

It happened at 16:50 pm Washington time!!! My honey called me and I was jumping and screaming around the house like crazy!!!!!! Thanks good that the neighbors didn't call the police:-)))

Yep, VSC is working on K1!!!

Byron and Mirla there is something really weird now with your petitions guys, I really can't think of the place inside of VSC where they could be stuck!

K1 TIME LINE

05/21/2007 - I129F sent to VSC

05/25/2007 - NOA1

10/10/2007 touch (change of address)

10/11/2007 touch

10/12/2007 touch

10/15/2007 NOA2 (Approved)

10/18/2007 NVC received

11/02/2007 NVC left

11/06/2007 embassy received the petition

11/07/2007 package 3 & 4 sent out

11/08/2007 medical

11/26/2007 INTERVIEW

11/30/2007 US entry POE Washington DC

12/15/2007 Wedding

01/06/2008 AOS filed

01/14/2008 SSN received

01/12/2008 Drivers licens obtained:-)

02/05/2008 biometrics appointement

03/26/2008 approval notice for EAD

03/31/2008 another approval notice for EAD (confused)

04/04/2008 EAD received

04/09/2008 Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident!!!!!!!!! I guess I'll be getting my green card in the mail soon.

04/16/2008 AOS approval notice sent

04/16/2008 Green Card received!!!!!

dubrovnik.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Good news guys!! We got APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

It happened at 16:50 pm Washington time!!! My honey called me and I was jumping and screaming around the house like crazy!!!!!! Thanks good that the neighbors didn't call the police:-)))

Byron and Mirla there is something really weird now with your petitions guys, I really can't think of the place inside of VSC where they could be stuck!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Timeline

Comparisons to Iraq or anything else is really a shell game and nothing more. We can come up with all kinds of situations that are more difficult than the wait's we are enduring. Certainly the families who know nothing about their spouses/fathers/brothers in Guantanamo are suffering more and longer than us, for example. But you only serve to drive yourself effing crazy by performing these mental gyrations.

On the other hand, amrssnowangel makes a great point in that we can *learn* from the patience of others. I'm a born-again atheist, so I find my strength and patience within myself and by educating myself about the process. But if you need to find it spiritually or elsewhere, just find it and hold on to it. Put your mental energy into that, instead of trying to figure out who suffers more or less. Your sanity will thank you. :)

Good news guys!! We got APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Oh, and CONGRATS!!!

Edited by moxcamel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Good news guys!! We got APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

WOW!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :time: WE WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silly-cheer.gifpompom.gifsilly-cheer.gifpompom.gifsilly-cheer.gifpompom.gifsilly-cheer.gifpompom.gifsilly-cheer.gif

Edited by wilson and shai

mami and dada's little baba...

dev238pp___.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Comparisons to Iraq or anything else is really a shell game and nothing more. We can come up with all kinds of situations that are more difficult than the wait's we are enduring. Certainly the families who know nothing about their spouses/fathers/brothers in Guantanamo are suffering more and longer than us, for example. But you only serve to drive yourself effing crazy by performing these mental gyrations.

On the other hand, amrssnowangel makes a great point in that we can *learn* from the patience of others. I'm a born-again atheist, so I find my strength and patience within myself and by educating myself about the process. But if you need to find it spiritually or elsewhere, just find it and hold on to it. Put your mental energy into that, instead of trying to figure out who suffers more or less. Your sanity will thank you. :)

Oh, and CONGRATS!!!

The whole idea wasn't to compare Iraq or others sufferings....that wasn't the intent at all. I dont consider it a "shell game". My daughter has suffered greatly through her time...much more than I ever will in this process. The idea was to help us keep it in perspective...In the grand scheme of life...this hardship we face is nothing...compared to others...sure we feel it...but lets remember it was only to help some gain perspective on the importance this will eventually play in our lives.

With that said....I agree....we can take from others experiences and let those enrich us...or we can choose to just be miserable every day of this process. I struggle to...very much so...just like everyone else here....But it wasnt about who suffers more or less..well actually it IS. I can complain that I have arthritis in my knees...but when I see someone without LEGS i feel more greatful that I have that arthritis...at least it makes me know I still have my legs to walk with....so yes..it IS about acknowlegding that some are worse off then we are...it helps keep our suffering in a bit more perspective....sorry to change mid stream there...but the thought hit me......

AWEEEEEEEEEEEE congratulations....

Rushing off to see if this changed my timeline...Im sure it did...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS NIVESITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa and Marty

First date - 12 January 2005

Engaged - 12 January 2007

Sent I-129F to VSC - 23 July 2007

NOA1 - 1 August 2007

RFE 22 Dec 07 - Marty forgot to tick the box saying he had no prior convictions. He ticked the box, and sent it back the same day.

NOA2 18th January 2008!!! Woohoo!!!

Packet 3 received - Feb 7th 2008

Packet 3 returned - Feb 8th 2008

Medical scheduled - Feb 25th 2008 (I could have had it sooner, but I needed time to chase down my immunisation records).

Interview - March 10th 2008 Approved!!!

Received passport with K1 visa - March 12th 2008

POE JFK - April 12th 2008

May 31st - Got married!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Thank you everybody!!!

We'll all be approved soon. One more proof that 6 month waiting theory now is wrong!

I should go to bed now, it's 1:16 am here but I'm not sure I can sleep, I'm to excited :)

K1 TIME LINE

05/21/2007 - I129F sent to VSC

05/25/2007 - NOA1

10/10/2007 touch (change of address)

10/11/2007 touch

10/12/2007 touch

10/15/2007 NOA2 (Approved)

10/18/2007 NVC received

11/02/2007 NVC left

11/06/2007 embassy received the petition

11/07/2007 package 3 & 4 sent out

11/08/2007 medical

11/26/2007 INTERVIEW

11/30/2007 US entry POE Washington DC

12/15/2007 Wedding

01/06/2008 AOS filed

01/14/2008 SSN received

01/12/2008 Drivers licens obtained:-)

02/05/2008 biometrics appointement

03/26/2008 approval notice for EAD

03/31/2008 another approval notice for EAD (confused)

04/04/2008 EAD received

04/09/2008 Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident!!!!!!!!! I guess I'll be getting my green card in the mail soon.

04/16/2008 AOS approval notice sent

04/16/2008 Green Card received!!!!!

dubrovnik.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations!

Congratulations to Nivesito! :)

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Thanks everybody for all your good wishes!!!!!!!

Eventhough i am very frustrated with this whole process right now, seeing Leidy in 2 days is going to do wonders for me....I hope you all are right and i don't have to wait the 6 months!!!!!

All you guys are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Have a good trip Byron. I may go visit my fiancee if this process continues to drag on. I wasn't planning to see her again until the interview but I was hoping that was going to be in December. Who know's now when that will be.

I miss my fiancee very much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.