bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I went to the Dentist this morning, always fun....then I arrive home to find all this depressing information. Just when I was about to throw myself off the balcony, I see this post by Mirla. I know it wasn't mean to be funny, but it's the only thing that has made me laugh today, so thank you!!! :lol:

I'm glad I made someone laugh today!!!! :D

Mirla,

You make alot of us on here laugh. Stay strong and try not to go crazy like I have. :wacko:

Believe me, I past that phase already....I'm in the post-crazy phase where all you can do is laugh cause all this craziness has turned me into this.... :wacko:

Well then welcome to my world!!! :jest: I think USCIS should issue straight jackets with approvals :wacko:

Edited by afterforever

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
I went to the Dentist this morning, always fun....then I arrive home to find all this depressing information. Just when I was about to throw myself off the balcony, I see this post by Mirla. I know it wasn't mean to be funny, but it's the only thing that has made me laugh today, so thank you!!! :lol:

Mirla,

You make alot of us on here laugh. Stay strong and try not to go crazy like I have. :wacko:

Believe me, I past that phase already....I'm in the post-crazy phase where all you can do is laugh cause all this craziness has turned me into this.... :wacko:

Well then welcome to my world!!! :jest: I think USCIS should issue straight jackets with approvals :wacko:

Not only that, they should also give us some gift cards....2 free sessions with a shrink...!!! :wacko:

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

US Wendy...good luck in the interview with the Washington Post. Maybe you can hit on the VAST differences in answers we get from the SAME serivce center. That we can't get straight answers on what is going on and the huge toll this waiting process takes on us as individuals and as families. I for one am PHYSCIALLY taking a toll with this. As well as FINANCIALLY because of numerous trips to be with my SO. Remember Byron...let them know how hard it must be to be apart from a loved one expecting your child only to have it lost in this process. Workers come first?? What happened to BUshes promises of "family importance"? That WAS him that preached that right? Elections are coming....We must stop this stupid cycle of promise broken from our government. I think so llong as u hit on the HUMAN aspect of this...and the physical, emotional and financial toll it takes...its not jsut about "waiting" or "not knowing" its about REAL HUMAN LIVES that are altered because of the "broken system". (Health care is another "broken system" but thats a whole nother web site...) I think hitting on asking why are we trying to "legalize" "illeagal" immigrants when the REASON they are illegal is because of this broken system..why do we want to take care of "everyone else" in the world but our own?? GRRRRR...Im almost fed up with it ALL....I haven't waited nearly as long as Mirla or Byron...but I feel their desperation...I feel the panic, frustration and irritation over this BROKEN SYSTEM. WE are the USC's and WE should have more attention and priorities than workers that aren't even a citizen. The mismanagement of this part of our government ranks up there with the Katrina disaster. Just make sure we are heard US Wendy...you are articulate, have the passion and energy to make this happen. Good luck girl...I'm praying for u. For ALL of us....

Timeline

Mirla,

Not only that, they should also give us some gift cards....2 free sessions with a shrink...!!! :wacko:

Maybe they could also throw in a couple of spa treatments to get us back in shape mentally and physically.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

He told me that everything seems fine with my case but they are delayed due to the fee increased and to be patient cause I'm almost there.....I told him to stick his info....you know were....still the same BS...

Anyhoo, the reporter from Washington Post is coming to interview me for a second time tomorrow night and when the article hits the press, I'll let you all know. I am hoping it comes out good and there is some MORE publicity for our cause.

Just keep writing EVERYONE with any kind of political or media power whatsoever-->AGAIN, Congress COULD give the Ombudsman more power to effect change. Right now he can only rattle a few cages, but he can not change the outcome of our petitions or make them work any faster, really. Still, if we keep the heat up on EVERYONE something is going to break, eventually.

What about the chocolates? Have we abandoned that idea? I think we should definitely move forward with that.

If there is anything, in particular, you want me to be sure to tell the reporter tomorrow, send me messages. My head is a bit foggy at the moment and I'm sure as soon as she leaves I'll be saying, "why didn't I say this or that....."

Thanks everyone.

P.S.--I have some more depressing information from and 'inside' source about VSC, but I'll post that later.

Hi, question about the reporter US Wendy - is the last name Brulliard? Got a message thru VJ that a post reporter wanted to talk to Washington area filers, like me. Am talking with her trw. Any suggestions?

Also chocolates still in process. They won't due a special order for us, although I am not the greatest slaesman so anyone else is welcome to try. If we order off the shelf and put in our own messages all we need to do beforehand is get our press coverage in order. maybe I'll ask the reproter about that trw.

So still looking for anyone with more info on the press release subject, I guess I'll start googling the subject too.

Finally, funny story, in a gallows humor sort of way. I got an email today :thumbs: but it is from manila embassy in reply to an email question I sent them 4 MONTHS AGO about an item on my I129! YIKES

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Timeline

Mirla,

Maybe they could also throw in a couple of spa treatments to get us back in shape mentally and physically.

Yesssss!!!! I need several hours of massages and some facials due to my lack of sleep!!!! :D hahahaha!

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/28/08 --- Medical

Timeline

Mirla,

Yesssss!!!! I need several hours of massages and some facials due to my lack of sleep!!!! :D hahahaha!

And maybe we can get them to throw in some tickets to Disney Land also. :blush:

Timeline

What about the chocolates? Have we abandoned that idea? I think we should definitely move forward with that.

Hi, question about the reporter US Wendy - is the last name Brulliard? Got a message thru VJ that a post reporter wanted to talk to Washington area filers, like me. Am talking with her trw. Any suggestions?

Also chocolates still in process. They won't due a special order for us, although I am not the greatest slaesman so anyone else is welcome to try. If we order off the shelf and put in our own messages all we need to do beforehand is get our press coverage in order. maybe I'll ask the reproter about that trw.

So still looking for anyone with more info on the press release subject, I guess I'll start googling the subject too.

Finally, funny story, in a gallows humor sort of way. I got an email today :thumbs: but it is from manila embassy in reply to an email question I sent them 4 MONTHS AGO about an item on my I129! YIKES

Sorry to repost but it didn't seem readable :blush:

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Yes, I sent you a PM.

and Mrssnowangel, thank you for the suggestions and support. :)

Edited by U.S. Wendy

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

Yes, I sent you a PM.

Nice work on generating some press interest Wendy. That is really a great effort on your part. :thumbs:

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Timeline

Mirla,

And maybe we can get them to throw in some tickets to Disney Land also. :blush:

Nooo! I have a better idea!!! Since winter is coming, they should hook us up with some tickets to go to Stratton Mountain in VERMONT since the lift tickets on the weekend cost almost 80 bucks per day with no rentals!!!! But it is awesome!!!! hahaha! I wanna go snowboard nowwwwwwww!!!!!!!! Too bad there's no snow in Lima...hahaha! :blush:

Edited by Mirla

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/28/08 --- Medical

Timeline

Anyhoo, the reporter from Washington Post is coming to interview me for a second time tomorrow night and when the article hits the press, I'll let you all know. I am hoping it comes out good and there is some MORE publicity for our cause.

Just keep writing EVERYONE with any kind of political or media power whatsoever-->AGAIN, Congress COULD give the Ombudsman more power to effect change. Right now he can only rattle a few cages, but he can not change the outcome of our petitions or make them work any faster, really. Still, if we keep the heat up on EVERYONE something is going to break, eventually.

If there is anything, in particular, you want me to be sure to tell the reporter tomorrow, send me messages. My head is a bit foggy at the moment and I'm sure as soon as she leaves I'll be saying, "why didn't I say this or that....."

Thanks everyone.

P.S.--I have some more depressing information from and 'inside' source about VSC, but I'll post that later.

Hi US Wendy & Virgillionaire:

First of all, thank you for taking the fight to the streets for us all. I for one, really appreciate your efforts a great deal.

Here are some points to make please. I am sure you probably have thought of most of these, but just in case:

It is obvious to us that especially since April 2007; things at USCIS appear to have gotten gradually worse instead of better. For example, at the Vermont Service Center, the average time for our community members to get their K1 VISA NOA 2 has gone from less than 30 days in May 2007 to over 120 days and still climbing now.

Some of our concerns include:

1. Significant delays in the processing of petitions. Many of us who filed in May are noticing that an extremely small number of petitions have been processed/approved since September 1.

2. Information provided by USCIS’s call center employees is often misleading, incorrect or incomplete and almost always apathetic.

3. We feel it is entirely inappropriate to prioritize WORK VISA applications over Family-Based, Non-Immigrant Petitions and to add insult to injury, allow many types of VISA seekers to pay extra for 15-calendar day premium processing service, but not us.

4. We understand the need for security checks, as we are aware of our national security issues, but we have good reason to believe this is not the source of the most recent delays. Only the truth and some swift action on the part of USCIS can alleviate some of the stress associated with this process. Our lives, along with our loved ones abroad, are on hold and we have no idea when this first part of the immigration process will conclude.

5. The wait for a petition to clear the USCIS Service Center, reach the National Visa Center, then the appropriate Embassy and, finally the attendance of the beneficiary at the scheduled embassy interview can add an additional 4 – 12 months to an already excruciatingly slow process. The USCIS needs to set a reasonable goal of 90 days and/or have expedited processing immediately available for K1/K3 VISA applicants.

6. The strain of this process (both financial and emotional) is taking a serious toll on the health and well-being of many US law abiding citizen’s who are trying to follow the laws to bring their loved ones to the US by legal means. Our frustration level with USCIS' inability or unwillingness to ease/improve this process is reaching a critical point.

7. We, as a collective, have some expectations which include:

a. A formal response to our concerns and continuing empathetic communication with customers suffering separation from their loved ones.

b. Immediately improved processing times with a new goal of 90 days for petitions as we believe the USCIS goal timeframe of 6 months to process a K1/3 VISA at the service centers is insensitive and inadequate for our needs. As with any company, if the new 90-day standard cannot be met with good management and talented professionals, then the organization should increase staff or streamline processes—maybe even outsource the function utilizing the creative talent of a good US company to provide our citizens with better service.

Timeline

Wendy,

I am interested in this. I imagine it matches what Bob and Kim said in an earlier post. Well, it can't be any worse than what we already see each day we log in here...zero from VSC. Take care and good luck tomorrow.

B)-->

QUOTE(Bill B @ Oct 10 2007, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wendy,

I am interested in this. I imagine it matches what Bob and Kim said in an earlier post. Well, it can't be any worse than what we already see each day we log in here...zero from VSC. Take care and good luck tomorrow.

Bill B...., Today is your VJ adjudication date....Mine is November 4th....We mailed our petitions on the same day!!!! Hope to hear something soon... :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes, I sent you a PM.

and Mrssnowangel, thank you for the suggestions and support. :)

I to live in the Washington area....how can I get involved with this washington post reporter??? The more they contact the more impact we can have.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.