bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Some of you may not be very happy with this news but I just received my NOA1. My application was received on Oct. 2 and my NOA1 is dated October 3. One day service, I hope the rest goes as fast.

Please add me to the list of folks with a NOA1 waiting for a NOA2

I hope this indicates service will pickup for all of us.

October 01, 2007 Package mailed to Vermont

October 02, 2007 Package delivered to Vermont at 10:06 by FedEx

October 03, 2007 NOA1 Notice Date

October 07, 2007 Touched

October 09, 2007 NOA1 Snail Mail

October 11, 2007 Check Cashed

October 23, 2007 Touched, suspect because of change of address by Petitioner

October 24, 2007 Touched again, no idea why

January 10, 2008 Touched

January 11, 2008 Touched again

January 16, 2008 Officially canceled but we will find a way to be together, either in Holland or some other country.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I think it has to do with the security checkes to be sure we are eligible. As stated before and read in recent postings that included news type articles or USCIS information...I think batches are sent off for security checks... the way I understand it or see it going is as follows:

1. they get our petition, receipt it then put them in date order recieved

2. they then pull batches to send off for background/security checks

3. as those checks complete the petitions are then filed again in order recieved BACK. Maybe NOT in the order they were ORIGINALLY received. But in the order the check is completed.

4. Adjudicators then get a batch to work....mixed dates at this point but still within reason.

5. The adjudicator then processes each petition in this batch. At this point one of a few things can happen

A. Its approved immediately

B. They RFE it

C. They have to "dig" and "wait" for verification or other information they have privy to

6. The approved petitions get immediate noa2

7. The RFE's are placed in files...worked as soon as they receive the return RFE info

8. Or for those files they are waiting on "other" checks or info on from other agencies...they get filed to...till that info comes in.

'

Several things can make one petition much later than another... Regardless of the date they recieved it. They only promise to "work" the petitions in the order recieved. But many things can happen along the way to slow it up.

I hope this helps...I do feel for those May filers still waiting...but hang in there..every day is one day closer to your noa2.

We are also one day closer to dying and one day less to spend with our loved one. Sorry, this is not an attack on you or any other VJer in our situation but I can not be positive when I see absolutely not one f'n NOA2 that makes sense (the single June filer makes no sense) since the 27 September and then on top of that only 9 since September 1st. You got to be shittin me with these #######. A friend of mine told me today that his lawyer said that the VSC does not expect to get to any until at or after the 6 month point because of other "priorities." You guys better keep writing elected officials, USCIS, the ombudsman, etc...it is a hell of a lot more productive than coming on here and making excuses for them or being patient. Don't be patient, act now before we all get abused by them more.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Agreed, so someone send me an address and tell me what I should write to them. I'll gladly do it. If its true what you say, and we are going to get to the 6 month mark, that is unacceptable. Especially when so many California filers are getting theirs right now.

Some of you may not be very happy with this news but I just received my NOA1. My application was received on Oct. 2 and my NOA1 is dated October 3. One day service, I hope the rest goes as fast.

The contract employees who do the receiving seem to have worked through the surge and are now back to normal. But where are the adjudicators?! :ranting:

Your data will be added automatically to the list. It is not a maintained list. It is the result of zoomer mining the VJ data. He collects the most recent data every time he posts a new list.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
Agreed, so someone send me an address and tell me what I should write to them. I'll gladly do it. If its true what you say, and we are going to get to the 6 month mark, that is unacceptable. Especially when so many California filers are getting theirs right now.

Besides your elected officials:

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_info...enators_cfm.cfm

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/directory/congdir.tt

Assistant Chief

Internal Security and Investigative Operations

USCIS, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW

Suite 7000

Washington, DC 20529

or email: USCIS-COMPLAINT@DHS.GOV

https://www.oprah.com/plugger/templates/BeO...plugId=B2100004

Call the Oprah Winfrey Show directly at 312/633-0808 to comment.

The show's mailing address is PO Box 909715, Chicago, IL 60690

Oprah Winfrey's email is oprah@aol.com

Download the letter written by thejoz and it would give you a good start:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...459&st=2460

Kass posted this info in an earlier post:

You may also want to research those Senators that are taking an interest in Immigration Policy, Practices and Procedures......

starting with the Library of Congress....

http://thomas.loc.gov/

http://immigrationforum.org/DesktopDefault...amp;topicid=678 FYI

http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/immigration/ FYI

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/eveningnews/main3420.shtml

Write the president and vice-president too. The person in charge of Homeland Security directly works for them.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
hi i am new to this forum and am also a june filer. my fiance is coming in to visit for a couple months this weekend and i had a question maybe someone can answer. we are both pretty nervous about him getting past immigration since i have already filed the visa. the reason why he is coming is we just had a baby in august and he has yet to meet her!! does anyone know if mentioning this to the officer can hurt or help getting past? should he just keep his mouth shut about it?

Please don´t lie to them. It could make it worse. Answer what they ask and be honest. Take some proof with you that you have the intention to go back to your country. Good luck :thumbs:

Also, they know that u r on a k1 visa. It's in the computer system and this is known by the immigration officer.

Actually, i'm not sure that they do know that unless you have told them on a previous visit

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

That's great...good luck with the rest, but it's usually the noa2 that takes longer. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Timeline
hi i am new to this forum and am also a june filer. my fiance is coming in to visit for a couple months this weekend and i had a question maybe someone can answer. we are both pretty nervous about him getting past immigration since i have already filed the visa. the reason why he is coming is we just had a baby in august and he has yet to meet her!! does anyone know if mentioning this to the officer can hurt or help getting past? should he just keep his mouth shut about it?

Please don´t lie to them. It could make it worse. Answer what they ask and be honest. Take some proof with you that you have the intention to go back to your country. Good luck :thumbs:

Also, they know that u r on a k1 visa. It's in the computer system and this is known by the immigration officer.

Actually, i'm not sure that they do know that unless you have told them on a previous visit

THey do know it. My fiance came through JFK this summer and the immigration lady knew about his k1 before he even mentioned it. I believe when they cash in ur money, the names get put on the computer.

Interview- 2/14/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

thank you all so much for your input...

i'm not sure either if they will know we've applied for the visa since they don't have his passport number and there very well could be other people with his name.

but i agree however it is better not to lie..his best bet will probably only offer information of what is asked of him. and they have no reason to ask if he has a child here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey!

I wanted to share my news with you all....that we received our NOA 2 in the post last saturday :) !!! So far I was only a quiet reader of this thread because I think my english isn't so well yet :P .

We were already approved like it seems on october 2nd. That is the date which stands on the NOA 2 letter. The only thing is that i didn't received an e-mail before and when i look at our online status it still says case received and pending :huh: . But we had it in the mail!!!! And our NOA 1 date was june 25th.

I have no idea why it went so fast for us. We are a normal couple like so many other here. I feel a little bad for that when i see that so many people who had filed before us are still waiting!

But I am also very very happy and maybe this will be a sign that it goes on also for all the june filers ;) !

I wish you all the best and a lot more approvals for this week !!!!

Congratulations! :)

It is very strange that a non expedited (i.e. Cuban, military, etc.) petition filed on June 21 has been adjudicated when there are tons of May filers still waiting. And how does a petition get adjudicated, approved and a NOA2 mailed without even a touch being recorded? I have no explanation for this. :wacko:

Congrats :dance:

It is inexplicable that they would jump ahead that far. The only logical answer i see is maybe being from Germany they don't feel fraud checks, etc are needed cause it's not exactly a step up from there to here these days.

Or maybe the other ones have been sitting in a dusty pile so long they forgot about them? :blink:

I think it has to do with the security checkes to be sure we are eligible. As stated before and read in recent postings that included news type articles or USCIS information...I think batches are sent off for security checks... the way I understand it or see it going is as follows:

1. they get our petition, receipt it then put them in date order recieved

2. they then pull batches to send off for background/security checks

3. as those checks complete the petitions are then filed again in order recieved BACK. Maybe NOT in the order they were ORIGINALLY received. But in the order the check is completed.

4. Adjudicators then get a batch to work....mixed dates at this point but still within reason.

5. The adjudicator then processes each petition in this batch. At this point one of a few things can happen

A. Its approved immediately

B. They RFE it

C. They have to "dig" and "wait" for verification or other information they have privy to

6. The approved petitions get immediate noa2

7. The RFE's are placed in files...worked as soon as they receive the return RFE info

8. Or for those files they are waiting on "other" checks or info on from other agencies...they get filed to...till that info comes in.

'

Several things can make one petition much later than another... Regardless of the date they recieved it. They only promise to "work" the petitions in the order recieved. But many things can happen along the way to slow it up.

I hope this helps...I do feel for those May filers still waiting...but hang in there..every day is one day closer to your noa2.

:thumbs: Thanks that's a helpful overview. I still didn't really understand the steps, so that explains how it usually works anyway.

I still think they are working on other priorities and it will be an uphill battle to get them off that track. While I'm being negative ... :whistle: I wonder due to the consolidation of centers, and the Iraq visas if the employees and contractors they are adding are going to be enough to improve things. It's ridiculous to raise the rates to $440 from $170 saying you need to fund good service and then throw all the k1s in a pile and say will get to you when we get to you :protest: so I'm still in protest mode :protest:

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Timeline
thank you all so much for your input...

i'm not sure either if they will know we've applied for the visa since they don't have his passport number and there very well could be other people with his name.

but i agree however it is better not to lie..his best bet will probably only offer information of what is asked of him. and they have no reason to ask if he has a child here.

True. Maybe they match up birthday's and other information with the name. Also ur right, no need to volunteer information.

Interview- 2/14/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

What a hopeless helpless feeling this is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To top off their rate hike... It has cost me a ton to go see Leidy 4 times this year and isn't getting cheaper with me meeting her next week in Panama, not that i'm complaining because i want to see her bad, its just that all this is caused because Vermont has come to such a standstill!!! Tomorrow will be day 142!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
:blink::wacko::help: I hope that I dont lose my mind....someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Send me my NOA2

April 8, 2007 - Visited the love of my life in Nigeria

April 10, 2007 - Engaged

May 21, 2007 - Sent Package to VSC

May 24, 2007 - NOA1 receipt date

August 10, 2007 - Visited the love of my life in Nigeria (again...stayed three weeks)

September 1, 2007 - arrived back in the States

November 5, 2007 - approved!!!

November 6, 2007 - touched

November 9, 2007 - received paper NOA2

November 9, 2007 - NVC forwarded case to consulate

November 15, 2007 - received letter from NVC

November 19, 2007 - fiance has interview date and corresponding forms

December 15, 2007 - Purchase Ticket

January 8, 2008- interview at consulate (approved!)

January 18, 2008- pick up visa

January 19, 2008 - POE (JFK)

February 14, 2008 - married on V-day!

AOS/EAD:

March 14, 2008 - applied for AOS/EAD

March 16, 2008 - AOS/EAD Received

March 20, 2008 - (AOS/EAD) NOA1 Received

March 27, 2008 - Received biometric Appointment

April 8, 2008 - I485 Application transfered to California Service Center

April 11, 2008- Biometrics taken

April 16, 2008 - Touched (AOS Transfered)

May 07, 2008 - Touched

May 08, 2008 - Touched

May 09, 2008 - Touched

May 12, 2008 - Touched

May 13, 2008 - Touched

May 14, 2008 - Touched(EAD card production ordered)

May 19, 2008 - Touched(EAD Approved)

May 19, 2008 - (AOS) Touched

May 19, 2008 - EAD card received!!!

June 05, 2008 - Touched(AOS Card production ordered)

June 09, 2008 - AOS approval notice sent

June 12, 2008 - Green Card received in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
:blink::wacko::help: I hope that I dont lose my mind....someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Send me my NOA2

It's too late for me cause I think I have already lost my mind (well at least my patience)!! :wacko:

Edited by afterforever

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Patience out the door here too!!!!!!! :wacko:

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.