bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

:thumbs: B)-->

QUOTE(Bill B @ Oct 7 2007, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is like this on the weekends...weekdays...hope, hope, hope, and then nothing from VSC...weekends...frustration thinking back over another week of not 1 NOA2 approval from VSC. Additionally I totally understand afterforever's anger because his timeframe for NOA1 is similar to mine. End of May. As each week goes by, then each month goes by following your NOA1, you get more depressed and angry...totally understandable. VSC worked their way up to about mid-May over a month ago or so and then almost came to a total stoppage for us, just when we thought we were finally going to get ours. Since September 1st, only 8 NOA2's from VSC and none since September 27th. Compound that with the increased fees, closing of Nebraska and Texas SCs for petitioners like us, USCIS focus to refugees - 1000 per month, shorter time frames for many other types of VISAs, not offering us preferred processing, going from a less than 30-day NOA2 turnaround time in Mar/Apr to what we have now. All these things and more give us all a lot to be angry about, especially those of us with NOA1s in May and earlier and have waited so long. The longer you wait, the more you will become frustrated. Afterall their inaction for us is causing us to be without the one we love for a longer period of time. It is also more difficult for some petitioners who have fiancees in countries where it is nearly impossible to get a tourist VISA and come here to visit during this process. I wish my fiancee's country was on the Visa Waiver Program list of 27 countries approved for visiting the US for up to 90 days with no VISA. If she was, I would have brought her here for 90 days of this and maybe more. Each of us have different backgrounds and current support structures with many friends and family members to provide and some with nobody near by to offer support. I appreciate sharing this time in my life with each of you and wish you all the best to be with your loved one as soon as possible. God Bless.

:thumbs:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Sorry for my absence....I've been back and forth to my parents this weekend packing up my apartment and preparing to leave the U.S. at the end of this month.

About the protest/march-->

http://www.ehow.com/how_2073988_organize-d...washington.html

and

http://www.ehow.com/how_2051467_organize-p...hington-dc.html

This is just a glimpse at what we'd need to do to organize in Washington DC. Of course, we'd need to follow-up and make sure this information is current, but if this is accurate, it wouldn't be impossible-->but it is a lot of work.

There are other organizations supporting family-reunification who we could solicit to make a bigger impact IF we chose to go this route. Even though we may not need thousands to get our message across, we do need a substantial number and if only 20-30 people downloaded the most recent letters to send out, I don't think we have enough support (from just our thread) to do this alone. I believe amrssnowangel already made that point.

I say we continue with this second round of letters, an appeal to Oprah and the chocolates. Organizing a protest/march could be a last desperate resort...................-or- we could go a step further.....*sigh*; there is always the option of a class action lawsuit against USCIS. Just some food for thought.

Anyway, with me leaving the country at the month-end, I'm hoping to have one of my cases settled within the next 6 months-->Long Story.........but the point I want to make is that if we are serious about a march, regardless of the disposition of my petition(s), I will be joining you all in whatever you choose to do.

I think someone posed a question to me, but I can't find the post.........please ask again.

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

A class-action suit is going to be expensive, and what exactly are we suing for?

I guess if it worked for the workers it might work for us too, but I don't know.

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(Bill B @ Oct 7 2007, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is like this on the weekends...weekdays...hope, hope, hope, and then nothing from VSC...weekends...frustration thinking back over another week of not 1 NOA2 approval from VSC. Additionally I totally understand afterforever's anger because his timeframe for NOA1 is similar to mine. End of May. As each week goes by, then each month goes by following your NOA1, you get more depressed and angry...totally understandable. VSC worked their way up to about mid-May over a month ago or so and then almost came to a total stoppage for us, just when we thought we were finally going to get ours. Since September 1st, only 8 NOA2's from VSC and none since September 27th. Compound that with the increased fees, closing of Nebraska and Texas SCs for petitioners like us, USCIS focus to refugees - 1000 per month, shorter time frames for many other types of VISAs, not offering us preferred processing, going from a less than 30-day NOA2 turnaround time in Mar/Apr to what we have now. All these things and more give us all a lot to be angry about, especially those of us with NOA1s in May and earlier and have waited so long. The longer you wait, the more you will become frustrated. Afterall their inaction for us is causing us to be without the one we love for a longer period of time. It is also more difficult for some petitioners who have fiancees in countries where it is nearly impossible to get a tourist VISA and come here to visit during this process. I wish my fiancee's country was on the Visa Waiver Program list of 27 countries approved for visiting the US for up to 90 days with no VISA. If she was, I would have brought her here for 90 days of this and maybe more. Each of us have different backgrounds and current support structures with many friends and family members to provide and some with nobody near by to offer support. I appreciate sharing this time in my life with each of you and wish you all the best to be with your loved one as soon as possible. God Bless.

Im sure this is pretty much how we all feel here!!! :thumbs: well said Bill!!!

As for optimism for the upcoming week... :no: ....not until there is SOME kind of movement with our petitions.

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

"There is essentially only one action that the applicant can take to force the agency to act – filing a lawsuit. This type of lawsuit, known as a "writ of mandamus," is designed to compel the government to perform a duty owed to the plaintiff, namely, take action on the pending application."

This can be filed in Federal Court and the government must answer within 60 days. Usually, these lawsuits force the government to finally take action and are resolved before the issue gets to court. Now, this could probably work if cases are not processed within the 6-month timeframe and I'm sure, USCIS doesn't want 100's of these types of cases filed against them so they are going to try and stick to that time they have quoted. HOWEVER, should they get themselves in a position that they can not get out of and change the 6 months to 8 or 12, those of you with the means to hire an attorney, need to find a good one and take some action-->or you may collectively decide to do pursue something like this.

I'm NOT an attorney, just putting this information out there for anyone wanting to take this to the level.

A class-action suit is going to be expensive, and what exactly are we suing for?

I guess if it worked for the workers it might work for us too, but I don't know.

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

Filed: Timeline

I have a question for anybody who can answer it for me. I've already emailed some lawyers but they just give you ####### info until you pay them a fortune..

My fiancee is in panama and is a panamanian. However, Her mother is british, so she holds both a panama and a british passport. Now for panamanians to come to america they need to obtain a visa thus going thru the system like us. However, Brits don't need a visa and they can come here for that 90 days or so time period.

My question is: Do you think my fiancee can travel to america on her british passport as a tourist. Would this hurt the chances of her being granted a fiancee visa when the time comes? I'm kinda scared because i'm planning on going through the panama system rather than British because she IS panamanian.

Would be good to have your input. Thanks ... and i really hope this is the week... its starting to be depressing..lol..

ab

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey!

I wanted to share my news with you all....that we received our NOA 2 in the post last saturday :) !!! So far I was only a quiet reader of this thread because I think my english isn't so well yet :P .

We were already approved like it seems on october 2nd. That is the date which stands on the NOA 2 letter. The only thing is that i didn't received an e-mail before and when i look at our online status it still says case received and pending :huh: . But we had it in the mail!!!! And our NOA 1 date was june 25th.

I have no idea why it went so fast for us. We are a normal couple like so many other here. I feel a little bad for that when i see that so many people who had filed before us are still waiting!

But I am also very very happy and maybe this will be a sign that it goes on also for all the june filers ;) !

I wish you all the best and a lot more approvals for this week !!!!

K-1 Timeline

06/21/2007 sent Petition to VSC

06/25/2007 Petition arrived in Vermont

06/29/2007 NOA 1 hardcopy

10/02/2007 NOA 2

10/12/2007 NVC letter in the mail

10/16/2007 Pack 3

10/23/2007 Medical

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I have a question for anybody who can answer it for me. I've already emailed some lawyers but they just give you ####### info until you pay them a fortune..

My fiancee is in panama and is a panamanian. However, Her mother is british, so she holds both a panama and a british passport. Now for panamanians to come to america they need to obtain a visa thus going thru the system like us. However, Brits don't need a visa and they can come here for that 90 days or so time period.

My question is: Do you think my fiancee can travel to america on her british passport as a tourist. Would this hurt the chances of her being granted a fiancee visa when the time comes? I'm kinda scared because i'm planning on going through the panama system rather than British because she IS panamanian.

Would be good to have your input. Thanks ... and i really hope this is the week... its starting to be depressing..lol..

ab

My fiance is from England. He used his tourist visa a couple times-flew in the country for 3 months, went back for a few weeks then came back on another tourist visa and flew back to England again. The third time he tried to use a tourist visa they stopped him and here we are.... At that point, we filed for a fiance visa and now we wait...

ab

I can tell you one thing for sure. If my wait goes ONE DAY OVER 6 months I am hiring a lawyer right away. I am sick of this government just doing what they want without any regard for its citizens.

Hey!

I wanted to share my news with you all....that we received our NOA 2 in the post last saturday :) !!! So far I was only a quiet reader of this thread because I think my english isn't so well yet :P .

We were already approved like it seems on october 2nd. That is the date which stands on the NOA 2 letter. The only thing is that i didn't received an e-mail before and when i look at our online status it still says case received and pending :huh: . But we had it in the mail!!!! And our NOA 1 date was june 25th.

I have no idea why it went so fast for us. We are a normal couple like so many other here. I feel a little bad for that when i see that so many people who had filed before us are still waiting!

But I am also very very happy and maybe this will be a sign that it goes on also for all the june filers ;) !

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

A June filer approved from Vermont....WOW.....Maybe us May filers really did get a very lazy officer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON??????

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

A June filer approved from Vermont....WOW.....Maybe us May filers really did get a very lazy officer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON??????

I am going to call USCIS today to see whether "the office is open".

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I am going to call USCIS today to see whether "the office is open".

I think it's closed... :crying:

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hey!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Vow !!! Congratulations to you, Bridusa !!! :dance:

We also sent ours on the 21st of June, but so far no news, has just checked :(

K-1 Visa journey:

January '04: met in the USA

21st June '07: sent the I-129

06th November '07 - APPROVED, FINALLY !!!

19th December '07:Medical

20th December '07: Interview Date

21st December '07: VISA IN HAND

18th January '08: Leaving to US !

12th February '08: received SSN

14th March '08: WEDDING DATE

AOS journey:

04th April '08: AOS package sent

11th April '08: Notice date on all 3 NOA's (15 April in the mail)

07th May '08: Biometrics (done)

02nd May '08: Driver's license received

09th May '08: AOS transferred to CSC

15th May '08: AOS is pending at CSC (CRIS email)

18th May '08: AOS touched

04th/09th June '08: EAD Card production ordered (CRIS email) (2 e-mails on different days)

04th June '08: AP approved (CRIS email)

10th June '08: AP in the mail

12th June '08: Approval notice for I765 sent (EAD) (CRIS email)

14th June '08: EAD in the mail

17th June '08: 2nd visit to SS Office - changed my last name on the card

18th/19th June '08: AOS touched

28th June '08: SS card received with a new last name (in the mail)

14th August '08: GC ORDERED (Cris email) !!!

19th August '08: GC and welcoming letter received

Hey!

Congratulations! :)

It is very strange that a non expedited (i.e. Cuban, military, etc.) petition filed on June 21 has been adjudicated when there are tons of May filers still waiting. And how does a petition get adjudicated, approved and a NOA2 mailed without even a touch being recorded? I have no explanation for this. :wacko:

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Timeline

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.