bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

After reading this topic, mine will be in August 2008 to get NOA2. It looks like Vermont cash money very fast huh? (NOA1)... I may go see my 'baby' on Feb 2008 instead of wait for VSC. Alright, wish you all receive NOA2 soon 'April, May, June, July, August and so forth'.

Second K1: I-129F Timeline

--------------------

Sept 15, 2007: I-129F sent to VSC

Sept 24, 2007: NOA1 hard copy received

Jan 25, 2008: Approved

Feb 01, 2008: NOA2 hard copy received

April 24, 20008: Interviewed

May 06, 2008: Received Visa

May 11, 2008: Entry to US "Chicago"

May 15, 2008: Registered Marriage's license

Sept 19, 2008: Received Green Card w/o interview

=========================

***Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

June 19,2010 - I751 Package sent to VSC

June 28,2010 - Received NOA1

July 07, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 09, 2010 - Approved w/o Interview

August 19, 2010 - 10 Year Green Card Received

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Feb 2012 - Received U.S Citizenship

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Also... I don´t get it. Why should work visas be more important than family type of visas? It´s not like our loved ones are coming here for vacation. Unless they are pregnant or something they sure wanna work too. So the country gets money from them paying the taxes too. Family is the base of the society and the country so what are they thinking? :wacko:

Scott & Marta,

You are right...it is morally incomprehensible! Unfortunately for us even though our loved ones may get a job when they come here and pay taxes, we don't have the power of the big businesses with the corporate lawyers whose workers not only pay taxes, but the companies also pay corporation taxes. Large companies also have more political leverage. One of the reasons it has become this bad though is because many people either are afraid to say anything for fear of being disapproved or they have just not taken the time to write letters and be heard. Our group is on the right path to possible progress in this area if we just continue to garner support from other people willing to battle for their loved ones and tell the Government this is unacceptable. Best of luck to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I nominate virgillionaire for the Hershey's kisses campaign since he is so intent on doing it ;)

I volunteer to get attorney names/addresses.

Lets make this happen people!!!

HeHe, I guess I can't argue with that, I'm volunteered.

Had a couple of questions for brainstorming on here:

1) I guess we want to send them to the VSC? Same as K1 address or maybe a different one for normal mail?

2) I was more worried they might suspect it is tainted or poisoned and would react badly? So I was thinking maybe a 'drop-shipment' unopened direct from Hershey's or a broker might be safer?

3) I didn't think about the gift issue, maybe if we say they are for all and declare it less than a certain amount they would be satisfied?

4) Have to order one extra box for some volunteers :lol:

Let me know what you think!

I'll google around to try and find a place to procure it on the internet.

Ok, now who volunteers to break the no NOA2 streak? :yes:

Hershy kisses are a good idea and we can have them ship directly from Hershy's as long as we all agree and set a special K-1 friday and deliver a truck load, that way we can get some media attention or atleast Oprah show or some other TV Shows. I am for it.

Ok how about this - at www.hersheygifts.com click on hershey kisses and they have the kisses as a small gift package in different themes. Like a half pound with a crystal dish or with a coffee mug, etc.

The prices are $20, $25, $30 for these. This way we can stay reasonably close to the gift limit of $25. And people can send as many or as few as they like. I might send 5, e.g.

We can also add a gift message at the site 'checkout' where you pay ... something like "just thinking of you working so hard on my case, hope you are thinking of us k1 people waiting to KISS our loved ones". Or put your name and loved on it if you like so they know it's personalized. Of course all sent on about same day and maybe address to "VSC adjudicators and staff".

These gift baskets are under the "Thank You" theme under hershey kisses on the website. I know we may not have that much to thank them for right now, but it's kind of reverse psychology or something to get them to feel a little twinge of guilt about forgetting us.

:help: We also need to make sure the press knows and covers it. Does anyone have experience with press releases? US Wendy maybe the Post reporter would do something with this? The flower people got coverage and that's what we want also :dance:

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Ok how about this - at www.hersheygifts.com click on hershey kisses and they have the kisses as a small gift package in different themes. Like a half pound with a crystal dish or with a coffee mug, etc.

The prices are $20, $25, $30 for these. This way we can stay reasonably close to the gift limit of $25. And people can send as many or as few as they like. I might send 5, e.g.

We can also add a gift message at the site 'checkout' where you pay ... something like "just thinking of you working so hard on my case, hope you are thinking of us k1 people waiting to KISS our loved ones". Or put your name and loved on it if you like so they know it's personalized. Of course all sent on about same day and maybe address to "VSC adjudicators and staff".

These gift baskets are under the "Thank You" theme under hershey kisses on the website. I know we may not have that much to thank them for right now, but it's kind of reverse psychology or something to get them to feel a little twinge of guilt about forgetting us.

:help: We also need to make sure the press knows and covers it. Does anyone have experience with press releases? US Wendy maybe the Post reporter would do something with this? The flower people got coverage and that's what we want also :dance:

My personal opinion is that they should ALL go to P. Novak. He is the big cheese over there, and I doubt that adjudicators have the stroke to work on our cases "if they want". Novak is the one pulling the puppet strings and he would be the one to assign the work or adjudicators to certain tasks.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Thanks for working on this. Here are a couple of thoughts:

1. Everyone's message should say the same thing for maximum impact.
  2. The message should mention K3's as well as K1's.
  3. The message is key because hopefully the press will pick it up. It needs to be brief, catchy and to the point. Anyone have any suggestions? What is the key point we need to make? That K1 & K3 petitions from US citizens should not be given lower priority? Is that the key factor that has stopped our adjudications?
  4. Contact the website and try to negotiate a special package and price. We don't really need to be sending crystal dishes. Maybe they would create a special package for us that is kisses only for less money so that everyone can send more.
  5. Once the package and message are determined, give it a name like the VSCK1/3. That way all people have to do is place the order and pay.

Here is a suggested message (I know it is too long) to get people thinking: A kiss to remind you that we are waiting to be with our loved ones. As US citizens, taxpayers and voters we demand our K1 & K3 petitions be given higher priority.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

3. The message is key because hopefully the press will pick it up. It needs to be brief, catchy and to the point. Anyone have any suggestions? What is the key point we need to make? That K1 & K3 petitions from US citizens should not be given lower priority? Is that the key factor that has stopped our adjudications?
  4. Contact the website and try to negotiate a special package and price. We don't really need to be sending crystal dishes. Maybe they would create a special package for us that is kisses only for less money so that everyone can send more.
  5. Once the package and message are determined, give it a name like the VSCK1/3. That way all people have to do is place the order and pay.
Here is a suggested message (I know it is too long) to get people thinking: A kiss to remind you that we are waiting to be with our loved ones. As US citizens, taxpayers and voters we demand our K1 & K3 petitions be given higher priority.

Also when the H visa people sent flowers they sent ALL to the DIRECTOR. We will need to make a PRESS RELEASE ourselves and not wait for media to 'PICK IT UP". Who is good with writing a press release? There are many examples online of how to do them, how to send them and when. Each media outlet has a different time that is ideal for sending these out...to get picked up we need to sent to Reuters, and all major news stations on TV and national and local papers as well. We need a coordinated day for this to happen. I did a search on this and found this info helpful.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Also when the H visa people sent flowers they sent ALL to the DIRECTOR. We will need to make a PRESS RELEASE ourselves and not wait for media to 'PICK IT UP". Who is good with writing a press release? There are many examples online of how to do them, how to send them and when. Each media outlet has a different time that is ideal for sending these out...to get picked up we need to sent to Reuters, and all major news stations on TV and national and local papers as well. We need a coordinated day for this to happen. I did a search on this and found this info helpful.

I'd suggest some quotes to include:

Faster Adjudication for K petitions please!

More information Please

My love is far, my heart is near, K visas we should hold more dear

Work before love? How can this be, give us our visas both K1 and k3

H1, H2, H3, oh no more...K1, K3, are now knocking on your door!

Kisses for our loved ones, far behind we do wait, give us approvals, before its to late.

Knock Knock...who's there? Canu. Canu who? Can u speed up the k noa2s?

Hmm..I know they aren't "serious" but we want to keep this positive. THATS how the H petitioners did it....A ND coordinated a march with meaning at the same time.............

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Take a look at this...I know many of us actually began writing our senators, congressmen, and others a couple months ago. Little too late for us individually, but luckily it should help some after us. I am sure this is the BS we will hear if we reach the 6mo mark and they have to extend it...they will say they are working to improve it. Well, I say keep up the fight...getting more people in Vermont in December will not help us personally very much. We need better service NOW.

Article on new hires in Vermont here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=90831

Take a look at this...I know many of us actually began writing our senators, congressmen, and others a couple months ago. Little too late for us individually, but luckily it should help some after us. I am sure this is the BS we will hear if we reach the 6mo mark and they have to extend it...they will say they are working to improve it. Well, I say keep up the fight...getting more people in Vermont in December will not help us personally very much. We need better service NOW.

Well it is a step in the right direction. And I think fiscal year 2008 began October 1. Is that right?

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well it is a step in the right direction. And I think fiscal year 2008 began October 1. Is that right?

Yes FY starts Oct. 1

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Timeline

Yes, it starts October 1st, but the article is not clear on when the St Albans new employees will be in place and working. It does mention "the current Burlington staff consists of six federal employees and 34 contractors. That will increase to 25 additional federal workers and 15 new contractors in the Burlington area. Those new employees are expected to start by December." I expect it will be around the same time. If it works like the military and federal civil service I am familiar with this means the authorizations are in place at St Alban's VSC October 1, but the actual allocations and warm, trained bodies could be a while after that...similar to the December timeframe they reference for Burlington.

Yes, it starts October 1st, but the article is not clear on when the St Albans new employees will be in place and working. It does mention "the current Burlington staff consists of six federal employees and 34 contractors. That will increase to 25 additional federal workers and 15 new contractors in the Burlington area. Those new employees are expected to start by December." I expect it will be around the same time. If it works like the military and federal civil service I am familiar with this means the authorizations are in place at St Alban's VSC October 1, but the actual allocations and warm, trained bodies could be a while after that...similar to the December timeframe they reference for Burlington.

I suspect you are correct. Which means the only short term solution is an adjustment in how they prioritize petitions for processing. Who makes that decision? USCIS or congress? Does anyone know? I get the feeling it is a combination of the two.

My Timeline:

Timeline

I have read some of you guys' old posts when you were going at it with these freakin know-it-all people who been on VJs for a long time. If they were really here to help, that would be great and I feel about 80% or so are in here helping people, but I swear some of these old timers are just on here to antagonize us. I am in anargument with one now...unreal!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1240026

Timeline

I suspect you are correct. Which means the only short term solution is an adjustment in how they prioritize petitions for processing. Who makes that decision? USCIS or congress? Does anyone know? I get the feeling it is a combination of the two.

Hi Bill y Bella,

That is an excellent question! I believe most of the processing times are set by the USCIS, with oversight from DHS & DOS. This paragraph from their web site is why I believe they are USCIS service level commitments set by themselves. “This improved reporting procedure is an effort to give our customers more accurate information that better reflects current processing time and USCIS service level commitments. Effective immediately, when we are completing applications and petitions within our service level goals we will report the USCIS service level commitment.”

Also, here in the laws passed by congress (Federal Register) http://www.uscis.gov/propub/template.htm?v...hash=0-0-0-2081

I see no mention of these “service level commitments”

If you have some time available, look through the Adjudicator’s Field Manual here and you might find it. I don’t have time right now.

http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?...8ce159d286150e2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.