bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
This is karma or something.

I don't know if you all are familiar with "Ugly Betty". I'm watching it now.

Last season her dad was deported because he came into the country illegally. So he is Mexico and they applied for a visa for him to get back to the US. And he thinks that it is taking too long (he said 10 months to a year) and wants to cross the border illegally so that he can be with his family. And Betty says that he should wait for the visa and trust the system.

HA!!!

I love that show...last one I saw was where he got busted being illegal...hmm maybe we write the producers of Ugly Betty?? Asking for more attention into the idea of how the immigration process is sooo broken??? Im grasping here....

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should all donate and like, get someone close to one of these attorneys to take a bunch of cases with them and be like "Okay look at all this, it sucks what can you do to fix it?"

I'd be all for a march or something too, but I am not sure we can actually organize anything -_-

I know Jason lives near me though, I'm sure him and I could go together if he wanted :P

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Timeline

We aren't the only ones suffering this broken system...so are the CSC'ers. If you look at how MANY petitions they have logged in here in May...and compare to how many were actually approved...its sad. Many are waiting and wondering there as well. We need to get as many into this as we can...its not just about VSC but about USCIS in general to DOS to the EMBASSY to the ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING wait and cofussion. Egypt Embassy is the slowest, most unorganized there is. I've read posts where they mail wrong passports back to wrong people..or mail the "visa stamped passport" back to the beneficiary..but with NO VISA stamp. Many there are kept in the dark for 3, 4, 5, 10 months about what is going on...so we think 4 months is bad?? Try addding 10 more months on as some have had to do. Its lack of organization, information and consistancy that is killing us. Its the ENTIRE process that is broken. For some of us...we get approved and visas are issued in a few days after interview....for Egypt...we have to add on MONTHS more of waiting...... I know of wives that have babies with husbands. They've waited soo long for their visas AFTER the interview.

So please...email Oprah...write to our officials...media and anyone that you feel may have an input into our system. Email/mail attorneys...lets be heard.... so others won't have to wait....in the dark...

US Wendy...can u check to see what is needed to organize a march? What approvals or licenses are needed?

Who wants to volunteer to gather attorney addresses and emails???

We need someone to organize OPERATION CHOCOLATE KISS (HEHEEHE...like the hershey kiss idea...reminds me of "kiss my butt VCS")

Who wants to write a petition to send/take to a high profile attorney? And find a way to get it signed...means..and where do we want to target for getting these signatures??

We need someone to hit the search engines for other sites similar to this that track or have immigration forums...solicit help and rally support there to.

ANY VOLUNTEERS?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I nominate virgillionaire for the Hershey's kisses campaign since he is so intent on doing it ;)

I volunteer to get attorney names/addresses.

Lets make this happen people!!!

Edited by ZeeNusah

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

I am a comm major, and consider myself to be very good at writing letters, so if ya'll want something good to say, I'm willing to write for all of us, send files, and then you can sign and ship it!

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 28, 2007 - Touch

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

I-485

Timeline
I nominate virgillionaire for the Hershey's kisses campaign since he is so intent on doing it ;)

Ok...when can we expect a list of attorneys names/addresses? Lets put deadlines on things. I start a file tomorrow to help keep up with whose doing what..and when so we can stay organized... Thanks for volunteering...

Timeline
I am a comm major, and consider myself to be very good at writing letters, so if ya'll want something good to say, I'm willing to write for all of us, send files, and then you can sign and ship it!

GREAT!! Lets get a letter together for Oprah...Attorneys to start. I'd include a few "personal" stories of how this process affects lives...such as a 10 month wait for visa...or the agony of waiting in the dark. Lets paint a picture of how this affects AMERICANS and their families abroad.

What are the issues we want to include??? Suggestions?? The floor is open for suggestions.

MY concerns are:

1. Lack of inforamtion

2. Inconsistant information

3. Slow Background checks

4. Lack of accountability on USCIS's part

5. Mismanagement of resources within USCIS

6. Lack of a unified process amonst Embassys and Interviews

ANY ONE ELSE??? Lets paint the picture for these people...tell us your stories how this process is affecting YOU personally so these can be possibly incorporated into these letters....

Also, lets set a deadline for this...what is your suggestion..when can you have the letter files ready for downloading for people to send?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Ok...when can we expect a list of attorneys names/addresses? Lets put deadlines on things. I start a file tomorrow to help keep up with whose doing what..and when so we can stay organized... Thanks for volunteering...

Monday afternoon.

I am going to be all over this.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

I agree..virgillionaire?? Are you willing to take on this challenge?? We'd love to have you head this part of the campaign up. You have full charge...get some people to help you...I am the first to volunteer.

Timeline

thejoz....can u create a "flyer" to be distributed?? For those of us serious about change...I am close to TWO local service centers here in Virginia..this isn'nt limited to K visas...its also about the over all process...we can hand out letters with flyers to people coming in and out of those offices??? Also in high immigrant areas?? What do you all think of that idea? Requires us getting off our butts to actually WORK for it...but may be worth getting supporters...petitions signed, letters to officials and support for a march???

Any volunteers on finding info for a rally in DC? Or in a large area?

GREAT!! Lets get a letter together for Oprah...Attorneys to start. I'd include a few "personal" stories of how this process affects lives...such as a 10 month wait for visa...or the agony of waiting in the dark. Lets paint a picture of how this affects AMERICANS and their families abroad.

What are the issues we want to include??? Suggestions?? The floor is open for suggestions.

MY concerns are:

1. Lack of inforamtion

ANY ONE ELSE??? Lets paint the picture for these people...tell us your stories how this process is affecting YOU personally so these can be possibly incorporated into these letters....

Also, lets set a deadline for this...what is your suggestion..when can you have the letter files ready for downloading for people to send?

That depends. If you all are okay with what will essentially amount to a 'form letter' to send to all these people (IE: something that will reflect what we all feel and want) I can bang one of these out tonight, and then all you need to do is fill in the relevant information (IE: addresses, your own name, etc).

Also I want to know exactly who we want to send it to I guess.

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 28, 2007 - Touch

I-485

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline

MY concerns are:

1. Lack of inforamtion

Call it a long week or not paying enough attention or whatever you want to call it - i am on the oprah site now and can't seem to find the path to emailing? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I too am willing to do whatever needs to be done - i m not looking for sympathy but my mother is struggling with her battle with cancer so on top of not having my fiance with me and not even knowing when he'll be here... i'm dealing with the possibilty of not having my mom either.... so my point is - i'll do whatever i have to - i just need someone to tell me what to do!!! not capable of thinkin on my own ne more!

December 31, 2006 - I call to wish him a Happy New Year (It was 3 am his time)

May 14, 2007 - Fly to Syria with my family to meet

May 18, 2007 - His entire family comes to my house to ask for my hand - I say YES!

June 15, 2007 - We get engaged in the church and have a reception for our families (it's the only "wedding" his family will see)

June 22, 2007 - I come back to the US

June 24-July 27,2008 - lots of research on VJ and work on gathering the papers needed...

July 31, 2007 - I-129F package received by VSC - YAY!!!! I was sooo excited getting the return receipt in the mail - on my way out to look for bridesmaids dresses :) Now all I need is a case number so I can track online - I'm so anxious!!!

August 13, 2007 - NOA1 - YAY!!!

JANUARY 8, 2008 - APPROVED!!!!

May 14, 2008 - he's finally here

June 22, 2008 - "Wedding Bells"

August 7 - Adjustment of Status and EAD sent

August 11 - Dates of both NOA1 for AOS and EAD

and we wait....

September 4, 2008 - Biometrics appt in Phila for both AOS and EAD

Love is what makes you smile when you're tired....

Timeline

MY concerns are:

1. Lack of inforamtion

Call it a long week or not paying enough attention or whatever you want to call it - i am on the oprah site now and can't seem to find the path to emailing? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I too am willing to do whatever needs to be done - i m not looking for sympathy but my mother is struggling with her battle with cancer so on top of not having my fiance with me and not even knowing when he'll be here... i'm dealing with the possibilty of not having my mom either.... so my point is - i'll do whatever i have to - i just need someone to tell me what to do!!! not capable of thinkin on my own ne more!

Im so sorry to hear about your mom...

here is the link:

https://www.oprah.com/plugger/templates/BeO...plugId=B2100004

Timeline

MY concerns are:

1. Lack of inforamtion

That depends. If you all are okay with what will essentially amount to a 'form letter' to send to all these people (IE: something that will reflect what we all feel and want) I can bang one of these out tonight, and then all you need to do is fill in the relevant information (IE: addresses, your own name, etc).

Also I want to know exactly who we want to send it to I guess.

Im ok with form letters...Im sure others will adjust to suit themselves as well as they have in the past.

I think a hard copy letter to:

Oprah

Media

and Attorneys in general

Governement Offcials

So these letters need to be somewhat flexible...or even ONE for all...see what u can come up with..

should we start a new thread for this?? Just for those of us that WANT to be involved?? If we do that we have to all stick together to keep it positive.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline

MY concerns are:

1. Lack of inforamtion

Thanks

Im so sorry to hear about your mom...

here is the link:

https://www.oprah.com/plugger/templates/BeO...plugId=B2100004

Thank you!

December 31, 2006 - I call to wish him a Happy New Year (It was 3 am his time)

May 14, 2007 - Fly to Syria with my family to meet

May 18, 2007 - His entire family comes to my house to ask for my hand - I say YES!

June 15, 2007 - We get engaged in the church and have a reception for our families (it's the only "wedding" his family will see)

June 22, 2007 - I come back to the US

June 24-July 27,2008 - lots of research on VJ and work on gathering the papers needed...

July 31, 2007 - I-129F package received by VSC - YAY!!!! I was sooo excited getting the return receipt in the mail - on my way out to look for bridesmaids dresses :) Now all I need is a case number so I can track online - I'm so anxious!!!

August 13, 2007 - NOA1 - YAY!!!

JANUARY 8, 2008 - APPROVED!!!!

May 14, 2008 - he's finally here

June 22, 2008 - "Wedding Bells"

August 7 - Adjustment of Status and EAD sent

August 11 - Dates of both NOA1 for AOS and EAD

and we wait....

September 4, 2008 - Biometrics appt in Phila for both AOS and EAD

Love is what makes you smile when you're tired....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.