bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I'm facing something similar. I can't go back to visit my fiance until maybe February and it makes me feel even more sad. I'm trying to be happy and he keeps reminding me to be faithful. I'm not being very successful I must admit. Please, Please God, make a miracle happen and send my Bassi home for Christmas.

dont worry my friend, the time flies when you keep busy! i remember when i came to the terrible realization that i wouldnt be seeing my baby for 6 1/2 months...i couldnt even fathom such a long time because prior to this current seperation we had only been seperated for a maximum of 4 months...i didnt think i could go any longer...we have just now reached the 4 month seperation mark and only 2 1/2 more to go! im getting pretty close, right?! lol dont sweat it, you'll be together soon enough, and very soon you will be together forever! how wonderful...i know that both you and i simply cannot wait =) hang in there troops

Thanks!

I saw a quote in the kitchen at work today that said " Worrying doesn't lessen tomorrow's troubles but it does lessen today's strength." Isn't that deep? I like it. So I wrote it on a sticky pad and put it on my computer next to my pic of my daughter and my fiance. (soon I won't be able to see the screen to work) :thumbs: I'm tryin'!

Hang in there. It is going to happen for us. It will.

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm facing something similar. I can't go back to visit my fiance until maybe February and it makes me feel even more sad. I'm trying to be happy and he keeps reminding me to be faithful. I'm not being very successful I must admit. Please, Please God, make a miracle happen and send my Bassi home for Christmas.

dont worry my friend, the time flies when you keep busy! i remember when i came to the terrible realization that i wouldnt be seeing my baby for 6 1/2 months...i couldnt even fathom such a long time because prior to this current seperation we had only been seperated for a maximum of 4 months...i didnt think i could go any longer...we have just now reached the 4 month seperation mark and only 2 1/2 more to go! im getting pretty close, right?! lol dont sweat it, you'll be together soon enough, and very soon you will be together forever! how wonderful...i know that both you and i simply cannot wait =) hang in there troops

Thanks!

I saw a quote in the kitchen at work today that said " Worrying doesn't lessen tomorrow's troubles but it does lessen today's strength." Isn't that deep? I like it. So I wrote it on a sticky pad and put it on my computer next to my pic of my daughter and my fiance. (soon I won't be able to see the screen to work) :thumbs: I'm tryin'!

Hang in there. It is going to happen for us. It will.

I hope it will happen for us soon... hey how do I put my TIMELINE in on my replies... I want everyone to know that my NOA1 is dated May 31st and still no NOA2 :crying:

Thanks!

Sent I-129F on May 23, 2007

Received at VSC on May 25, 2007

NOA1 on May 31, 2007

Touched on June 03, 2007

Touched on November 02, 2007

NOA2 November 02, 2007

Touched on November 04, 2007

Touched on November 05, 2007

NVC received November 07, 2007

Received hardcopy of NOA2 on November 08, 2007

NVC sent to Embassy on November 09, 2007

Packet 3 received on November 15, 2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I hope it will happen for us soon... hey how do I put my TIMELINE in on my replies... I want everyone to know that my NOA1 is dated May 31st and still no NOA2 :crying:

Thanks!

To put your timeline in your replies you need to edit your signature. If you go to the top of the page, under "Processing Times" there is a "My Controls" link. When you click on it you go to "Edit My Signature" on left menu.

Also :time:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Thanks!

To put your timeline in your replies you need to edit your signature. If you go to the top of the page, under "Processing Times" there is a "My Controls" link. When you click on it you go to "Edit My Signature" on left menu.

Also :time:

Great.. thank you!

Look like its working!

Now... we are our approvals... :crying:

Sent I-129F on May 23, 2007

Received at VSC on May 25, 2007

NOA1 on May 31, 2007

Touched on June 03, 2007

Touched on November 02, 2007

NOA2 November 02, 2007

Touched on November 04, 2007

Touched on November 05, 2007

NVC received November 07, 2007

Received hardcopy of NOA2 on November 08, 2007

NVC sent to Embassy on November 09, 2007

Packet 3 received on November 15, 2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I thought this was interesting:

U.S. Agency Is Swamped by Requests for Visas

* Sign In to E-Mail or Save This

* Print

* Reprints

o Del.icio.us

o Digg

o Facebook

o Newsvine

o Permalink

Article Tools Sponsored By

By JULIA PRESTON

Published: August 18, 2007

Correction Appended

Immigration authorities have received about 300,000 applications for high-skilled-employment visas since July 1, federal officials said yesterday, a deluge unleashed after the federal government first said it would not accept any applications for those visas during July and then reversed course.

Citizenship and Immigration Services, the federal agency, was still receiving applications for employment visas yesterday, the last day of a special period it announced on July 17 for immigrants with professional skills to file petitions for permanent residence visas, known as green cards. As a result, the total tally of applications received in the last six weeks was not available.

The agency admitted it was swamped by the applications it had already received, which was more than double the annual limit of 140,000 employment visas.

According to official figures, in the three months before July the agency received an average of 54,700 applications a month for all green cards, including employment visas and those based on family ties. Applications were already surging then as foreigners sought to file papers before higher processing fees took effect on July 30.

“That is a fantastically high number,” said Carl Shusterman, an immigration lawyer in Los Angeles. Mr. Shusterman said he thought 300,000 was the highest number of employment applications the immigration agency had received in the 31 years he had practiced immigration law.

Presenting their applications did not guarantee that immigrants would receive their green cards quickly, since the annual limit remains the same. All the applications did was ensure the immigrants places on the list for green cards.

The visa roller coaster ride began on June 12, when the State Department announced that visas would be available in July for a variety of professional immigrants. The State Department offers visas, and Citizen and Immigration Services processes applications for them.

Immigrants eligible for employment visas include doctors, nurses and people with advanced degrees and technology skills. Before they can apply, they must obtain certification from the federal government that no American workers are available for their jobs.

After thousands of foreigners hurried to prepare applications, the State Department said abruptly on July 2 that no visas would be available after all because the immigration agency had accelerated its processing and claimed them. After a nationwide outcry from lawyers, at least one lawsuit and a reprimand from Representative Zoe Lofgren, the California Democrat who is chairwoman of an immigration subcommittee, the federal agencies relented on July 17, saying applications would be received for four weeks.

Inundated, Citizenship and Immigration Services has not been able to immediately acknowledge applicants’ petitions, said Bill Wright, a spokesman for the agency. Mr. Wright said the agency was working to send out receipts.

The about-face was a relief for thousands of high-skilled immigrants seeking green cards after working in the United States on temporary visas. Once their applications have been officially received, they will have more job mobility and their spouses can apply for work authorization.

“It reinforced my belief in the American way of government,” said Satish Kumar, 31, a visa applicant who is a software programmer from India working for a California technology company.

But because of annual limits, the new green card applications will vastly increase backlogs. Most new applicants will still face waits as long as five years before they receive their green cards.

“The root of the problem is the arcane and ridiculous limit on visas for skilled immigrants whom the United States wants,” said Murtuza Bahrainwala, 38, an Indian doctor in Decatur, Ill., who applied last month.

Correction: August 22, 2007

An article on Saturday about a rush of applications for high-skilled employment visas paraphrased imprecisely the comments of Bill Wright, a spokesman for Citizenship and Immigration Services. He said that because of the high volume of applications, the agency could not acknowledge them immediately but was working to send out receipts and was updating weekly a public list of applications received. He did not say that the agency had not been able to notify applicants that their petitions had been received.

More Articles in National »

I found this and MANY more interesting articles at:

http://www.trackitt.com/immigration-news/

Included is a petition for faster background checks as well which may affect how fast we get done in the future:

http://www.petitiononline.com/nc082505/

Take a look...also, this law group does a lot with delays...maybe we should mail our letters to them as well...asking for an inquiry...maybe THEY can get things done.

Timeline

Also, in looking at csc information here...they have soooo many not approved for May yet...those with the same noa1 date as mine have an estimated adjudication date 2 weeks later than me...so Im not feeling so bad..while we see sooooooo many CSC'ers getting approved...its just from sheer numbers.....both centers are slowed down right now due to the overwhelming demands placed from all those work visas they recieved. Hang in there...our time IS coming.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

THIS IS CRAZY!!!!! GUESS WHAT?????? IT'S 4AM HERE AND I WAS AWAKEN CUZ EVEN IN MY DREAM I WAS WORRYING ABOUT THIS SLOW PROCESS!!! IF I KEEP GOING LIKE THIS, I DON'T THINK I WOULD STILL WANT TO SLEEP!!!!! :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying: I WANNA SLEEP PEACEFULLY!!!! :(

IM GOING BACK TO SLEEP

SHAI

Edited by wilson and shai

mami and dada's little baba...

dev238pp___.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

amrssnowangel,

Thanks for sharing that article and web page.

Unbelievable how many things are working against us right now...300,000 high-skilled-employment VISAs, other VISAs with less processing goal times, US commitment to process 1,000 Iraqis into the US each month this fiscal year, AOS requests, our inflated 6 month goal, etc etc...

I sure am glad, (sarcasm of course) Satish Kumar is happy with the Government handling of VISAs because I sure am not...“It reinforced my belief in the American way of government,” said Satish Kumar, 31, a visa applicant who is a software programmer from India working for a California technology company.

I could care less what some immigrant worker already living in our country thinks...what happened to taking care of our own citizens and our ability to be with our loved ones??? What a load of BS!!! :ranting:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
Also, in looking at csc information here...they have soooo many not approved for May yet...those with the same noa1 date as mine have an estimated adjudication date 2 weeks later than me...so Im not feeling so bad..while we see sooooooo many CSC'ers getting approved...its just from sheer numbers.....both centers are slowed down right now due to the overwhelming demands placed from all those work visas they recieved. Hang in there...our time IS coming.

A slow down is painful, but somewhat tolerable and maybe a little understandable, but a complete VSC NOA2 stoppage since September 27 for VJers is unacceptable.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
amrssnowangel,

Thanks for sharing that article and web page.

Unbelievable how many things are working against us right now...300,000 high-skilled-employment VISAs, other VISAs with less processing goal times, US commitment to process 1,000 Iraqis into the US each month this fiscal year, AOS requests, our inflated 6 month goal, etc etc...

I sure am glad, (sarcasm of course) Satish Kumar is happy with the Government handling of VISAs because I sure am not...“It reinforced my belief in the American way of government,” said Satish Kumar, 31, a visa applicant who is a software programmer from India working for a California technology company.

I could care less what some immigrant worker already living in our country thinks...what happened to taking care of our own citizens and our ability to be with our loved ones??? What a load of BS!!! :ranting:

I must admit that I am really starting to get scared. How long will this take...a year??? What are we supposed to do?

Employment visas should be put on hold indefinitely until family visas are taken care of. Has it come to the government prioritizing work over family??? We have the people in this country that can do the same jobs. There is nothing spectacular about the skills of these people-give me a break! Familys need to be together. That is priority one. Why are family visas the first thing to get cast aside for something else?? Work visa? refugees? I am really scared. :(

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

however, note that 'outcry' (admittedly from lawyers ;) ) got some action... keep up with those letters, and be as innovative as possible in creating handy hooks for the press to hang stories on... if something's interesting enough, they'll talk about it :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
however, note that 'outcry' (admittedly from lawyers ;) ) got some action... keep up with those letters, and be as innovative as possible in creating handy hooks for the press to hang stories on... if something's interesting enough, they'll talk about it :)

The outcry from those people included the flowers to uscis which did get media attention.

I still think we, or if I have to I alone, could cause a stir if we sent some chocolates as was suggested earlier. We could do a press release and say "US citizens with own immigration issue do flowers one better" or something.

I'm seriously considering a case of hershey's kisses (get the theme) to VSC. Maybe they'll think of us while they are eating and give us a little consideration? :)

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The frustrating thing is that USCIS keeps coming up with new excuses as to why things have slowed down. They have endless excuses as to why they are slow but no one seems to be commenting on what they can do to speed things up. If they can pull personnel from other assignments to put out preceived fires with other types of visas, why do they not do that with the K1 and K3 visas. It must be obvious to them they are getting backed up.

Edited by afterforever

Timeline

Well now that everyone is a bit on fire....lets DO something about it. How about these letters going o top immigration attorneys....more letters to media...how about searching web for more people just like us?? I found other sites where they track K1's with vermont that have the SAME issues we have...we can pull voices from those sites to. Lets start a web page...but remember...we have to base everything on FACTS.....just as someone else stated.while this is a free country with freedom of speech...its also a lawsuit country and we MUST protect ourselves with FACTS...not emotions. So....whose ready to go another round to be heard?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.