bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I will be sending this letter to my senators and rep too...the more the merrier :)

Does anyone have a copy of a letter I can send to the media, not the politicians, i.e. msnbc?

May I suggest sth similar to what we have jointly compiled???

Dear ________________ (call the media find a name to give this),

I belong to a group of people who have filed for K1 visas through the Vermont Service Center. We meet for support and help online through a website. Many of us filed for K1 and K3 petitions as early as April and May and are still waiting for our approvals (NOA2).

There is a growing concern amongst us about the lack of approvals we see coming out of our service center. We understand USCIS has a handling time of 6 months or less allocated to process these petitions. And we understand there are many reasons for delays.

Our issue is that up until May of this year, Vermont was the fastest processor of visas our country had and it has almost come to a complete stop this month. Some petitions were approved in less than TWO WEEKS! It's difficult to see the California Center turn out 30 petitions since September 18th, while Vermont has turned out merely a single approval in almost 10 days within our group.

We understand our group is not a complete representation of what VSC processes but we are an accurate representation. We use real facts from real people to determine about when we can expect our approvals... and it's usually accurate. But its so discouraging to see our dates move further and further away.

Many of us call the service center, but the customer service is appalling, as many operators are either unable or unwilling to provide any information. They can't tell us why the delay or what is being done to fix it... or when we may see a pick up in processing. This is information that would take the director 15 minutes to put into memo form and post on the USCIS website.

We pay for this service, making us a CUSTOMER of our own government. There were, in fact, significant fee increases to this process so that these delays would end, but they have not.

We aren't asking for status of our cases. All we want is some transparency from the agency. We want to know why the petitions are so slow in adjudication (been slowing down more and more since June), what is being done about it, and WHEN can we expect a pick up in results.

If the service being provided by USCIS were being provided by any other American business, they would be readily condemned, and we would have the option of going elsewhere for our requirements. However, we must work through USCIS in order to achieve our desired results, and right now, USCIS is not transparent at all to it customer; the customer service representatives have no answers and we are put on hold with our Senators and elected officials and told they can not interfere. Where ARE we to go for answers? We deserve an answer

Therefore I am asking you to help us make this issue public knowledge, and to use your available means to investigate this story. Human Interest stories generate a great deal of attention from not only the public, but our lawmakers in Washington, DC. We are asking you to help us make a difference in the lives of thousands of petitioners just like me, who are lost in this tangled web of red tape. We ache to be united with our loved ones; the wait is hard enough, but this lack of information is simply unacceptable.

What we request from you, our media representatives is to investigate this very important matter, make the public aware of the pitfalls of immigration. We ask that USCIS be held accountable, and that they provide information to their own customers, United States Citizens who desire nothing more than to share the American Dream with those they love. We want them to answer for these delays and provide us with the service we paid for and need.

I respectfully request your investigation and intervention in this issue and anxiously await a response.

Thank You,

Make sure to include your personal information and send to as many local and country wide media as you can. The collective efforts we have exhibited here to put this letter together is awesome..if anyone else has any thoughts..please share..Its one thing to sit and complain..another to stand up and be heard. I know it may not change anything today..but what about future generations? Our children who may fall in love with a foreign national.... where will this madness end...I encourage you to post these letters and your efforts in other forums and for CSC'ers as well who have undergone delays or inadequate answers...remember..this isn't for status of our PERSONAL petitions..but a start to make a CHANGE....

This is great, however I think we may need to dedicate a paragraph explaining what K1 and K3 visa's are.

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ok ok..I have NO clue what im talking about...to me its not about MY petition...its about US as a visa journey family and all those others that wait soo long...and have no answers....its the lack of information abput why the delays...NOT that they have them..that gripes me.its no matter where u turn...you are set aside...given vague answers, no answers, no return calls, rude reps, and politicians who once again..say a month??? for what?? A 5 minute phone call? I want answers..and won't stop til I find someone that CAN interfere and get answers..MY NEXT LETTER GOES TO THE WHITE HOUSE....

Unfortunately, and perhaps I am just being overly pessimistic, but if the Bush Administration can ignore the over 60% of the population who want the Iraq War to end / troops to come home, I cannot see them giving a damn about one (or even a dozen) letters complaining about the K1 process...

I couldn't agree more. That is if he even knows what a K1 visa is.

Also remember...BUSH doesn't MAKE the laws....CONGRESS AND THE HOUSE DO...our state officials are our best allies in this...as its them that have to be moved in heart and soul to start a bill...check out the internet for how our laws are made....its NOT from the President...it STARTS with average people, with extrodinary dreams...Dare to dream...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Ok ok..I have NO clue what im talking about...to me its not about MY petition...its about US as a visa journey family and all those others that wait soo long...and have no answers....its the lack of information abput why the delays...NOT that they have them..that gripes me.its no matter where u turn...you are set aside...given vague answers, no answers, no return calls, rude reps, and politicians who once again..say a month??? for what?? A 5 minute phone call? I want answers..and won't stop til I find someone that CAN interfere and get answers..MY NEXT LETTER GOES TO THE WHITE HOUSE....

Unfortunately, and perhaps I am just being overly pessimistic, but if the Bush Administration can ignore the over 60% of the population who want the Iraq War to end / troops to come home, I cannot see them giving a damn about one (or even a dozen) letters complaining about the K1 process...

Also remember...BUSH doesn't MAKE the laws....CONGRESS AND THE HOUSE DO...our state officials are our best allies in this...as its them that have to be moved in heart and soul to start a bill...check out the internet for how our laws are made....its NOT from the President...it STARTS with average people, with extrodinary dreams...Dare to dream...

I am aware of the legislative branch.

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Timeline

Ok..try this ....you can also alter it to suit yourself....

Dear ________________ (call the media find a name to give this),

As you may know, K1 and K3 Visas are the legal way to bring a foreign loved one into the United States. K1 being for fiance's who intend to marry within 90 days of entry of the loved one into the United States. K3 being for spouses that are citizens abroad and married a US Citizen. In most cases the process to bring a loved one home takes months if not years. The hardship of separation stings couples waiting throughout this process. Families are torn apart, babies born without a father/mother close by, wedding plans canceled due to unexplained delays. In addition to the emotional stress and strain of this process, is the financial hardships. Long distance phone bills, internet bills, travel expenses, and other related expenses to a long distance relationship place a financial hardship on an already stressed situation.

I belong to a group of people who have filed for K1 and K3 visas through the Vermont Service Center. We meet for support and help online through a website. Many of us filed for K1 and K3 petitions as early as April and May and are still waiting for our approvals (NOA2).

There is a growing concern amongst us about the lack of approvals we see coming out of our service center. We understand USCIS has a handling time of 6 months or less allocated to process these petitions. And we understand there are many reasons for delays.

Our issue is that up until May of this year, Vermont was the fastest processor of visas our country had and it has almost come to a complete stop this month. Some petitions were approved in less than TWO WEEKS! It's difficult to see the California Center turn out 30 petitions since September 18th, while Vermont has turned out merely a single approval in almost 10 days within our group.

We understand our group is not a complete representation of what VSC processes but we are an accurate representation. We use real facts from real people to determine about when we can expect our approvals... and it's usually accurate. But its so discouraging to see our dates move further and further away.

Many of us call the service center, but the customer service is appalling, as many operators are either unable or unwilling to provide any information. They can't tell us why the delay or what is being done to fix it... or when we may see a pick up in processing. This is information that would take the director 15 minutes to put into memo form and post on the USCIS website.

We pay for this service, making us a CUSTOMER of our own government. There were, in fact, significant fee increases to this process so that these delays would end, but they have not.

We aren't asking for status of our cases. All we want is some transparency from the agency. We want to know why the petitions are so slow in adjudication (been slowing down more and more since June), what is being done about it, and WHEN can we expect a pick up in results.

If the service being provided by USCIS were being provided by any other American business, they would be readily condemned, and we would have the option of going elsewhere for our requirements. However, we must work through USCIS in order to achieve our desired results, and right now, USCIS is not transparent at all to it customer; the customer service representatives have no answers and we are put on hold with our Senators and elected officials and told they can not interfere. Where ARE we to go for answers? We deserve an answer

Therefore I am asking you to help us make this issue public knowledge, and to use your available means to investigate this story. Human Interest stories generate a great deal of attention from not only the public, but our lawmakers in Washington, DC. We are asking you to help us make a difference in the lives of thousands of petitioners just like me, who are lost in this tangled web of red tape. We ache to be united with our loved ones; the wait is hard enough, but this lack of information is simply unacceptable.

What we request from you, our media representatives is to investigate this very important matter, make the public aware of the pitfalls of immigration. We ask that USCIS be held accountable, and that they provide information to their own customers, United States Citizens who desire nothing more than to share the American Dream with those they love. We want them to answer for these delays and provide us with the service we paid for and need.

I respectfully request your investigation and intervention in this issue and anxiously await a response.

Thank You,

I am aware of the legislative branch.

Glad to hear that....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

I knew if I waited long enough, the rest of you-->"oh, they are doing the best they can" or "six months isn't forever............stay positive" 'people' would eventually get hoppin' mad. :angry:

I felt like there were a select few here who have simply chosen to ignore me and I'm not mad at 'cha because I see that some of you have came around also, GREAT!!

How much longer before we get serious about organizing a protest?

Like I said before, 'either we hang together, or we hang separate.

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

Timeline
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

I knew if I waited long enough, the rest of you-->"oh, they are doing the best they can" or "six months isn't forever............stay positive" 'people' would eventually get hoppin' mad. :angry:

I felt like there were a select few here who have simply chosen to ignore me and I'm not mad at 'cha because I see that some of you have came around also, GREAT!!

How much longer before we get serious about organizing a protest?

Like I said before, 'either we hang together, or we hang separate.

As for me...Im STILL positive and endorse that...I just think the system is sorely broken and this is a SIMPLE fix for USCIS that could make a lot of people a bit more comfy with the process. Combined with your letter and getting people willing to dream and take a stand...I think we CAN make a difference. For me this isn't about being negative..more about wanting to see change..and we may nnot succeed...but we can plant the seeds...we aren't the first to write our senator..we won't be the last..but without us ALL speaking up LOUD...no one will think there is a problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
it would be poor management if it continued long-term, but many companies and organisations do things like this for a short time, if there's some sort of crisis or rapidly approaching deadline... and until VERY recently, Vermont was seen as the paragon of service centres; that they've fallen off the wagon so spectacularly and in such a short time indicates to me that they're in crisis management, as they sort themselves out, and put new systems in place

all complete speculation, of course, but it fits the facts, at least as I know them :)

My ordeal was put into perspective by this sad story -

"Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on."

Did u write that? It's hilarious, could write a whole book make lots of money and as a celebrity could bypass USCIS procedures ...

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Timeline
Well all, here we are, another day and no NOA 2s again from Vermont. If you haven't written and sent any letters off yet, will you still be here next week doing the same if there are no NOA 2s for another straight week? Or how about next month if they change their processing time for us to 7 months due to higher priorities like those work VISAs...Please join the battle, for yourself, your loved one, and for those that come after us...to those that have already...thank you and best wishes for a speedy reuniting with your loved one. Edited by Bill B

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

BUSH fight for IMMIGRANTS?! Hello? :huh:

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Anybody with news from ghost town? :unsure:

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Timeline

For those of you who haven't been over on the other thread, we have a battle going again with the ones that are vets and here to help us newer members....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1219547

You may be right...but do you think Adam Walsh made changes over night??? No..he had to get LOUD to be heard. This is an election year coming...one thing for 60% to be against a war..another thing to start making huge media waves in an election year...anyways..no one said change happens overnight...maybe not with Bush..maybe with the next group....not the point...point is we have a right to be heard...to speak...so I say SHOUT IT OUT....be heard..and who knows...MAYBE...just MAYBE change will come.... What do we have to lose by trying?? WE've already lost something very precious...our time with our loved ones...we can't get that back...but we CAN be movers and shakers and make a difference for someone else...TRY..

We start with a dozen today...tomorrow a hundred...Adam Walsh was ONE man..on a mission...if you can believe it, you CAN achieve it....

SOOO LETS GOOOO...

I didn't catch this earlier, but I think your analogy is a bit faulty.

For starters, Adam Walsh's son was violently killed as a child. He lost his son, and will never see him again, at least not in this life.

Adam Walsh was able to campaign to help stop something that will not be going away anytime soon, violent crimes and criminals.

Now...

Us, trying to get heard on a matter of immigration, which is a privilege, not a right, is a little different. We didn't have something taken away from us, we just happened to fall for someone who is of another country.

Am I saying that a lot of us cannot make a difference? No, not really. But to compare our fight to the fight of Adam Walsh...well, it's really not even in the same ballpark IMO.

Besides, what happens if by the time we even mustered enough support for this, and half the people got their NOA2's or visas and stopped caring?

Once the immigration process is over, I'm not sorry to say it, I am not exactly going to worry about anyone else's immigration journey anymore, except maybe Amy's parents if they decide they want to come over, and even then, they aren't the ones I love the way I do her, so it'd just be like, something that was happening.

It's real easy to keep caring about a dead child because there are lots of people who have lost children way too early, and never want to see it happen again.

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
My ordeal was put into perspective by this sad story -

"Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on."

Did u write that? It's hilarious, could write a whole book make lots of money and as a celebrity could bypass USCIS procedures ...

alas! I wish I could claim authorship, but no; it's part of the Very Secret Diaries, by Cassandra Claire, and they're all that good :lol:

go here to check them out ;)

B)-->

QUOTE(Bill B @ Sep 27 2007, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For those of you who haven't been over on the other thread, we have a battle going again with the ones that are vets and here to help us newer members....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1219547

does anyone else find it strange that this whole sub-forum usually remains unvisited by the VJ Vets, but after one of them arrived and made a snarky comment in that thread Bill linked to, above, suddenly the whole lot was here? it's like triffids; they call to one another :lol:;)

and yes: 'here to help'? some of them obviously are, but some of them - well, let's just say that the 'soapbox' reply I got at one stage was very illuminating ;)

(not that it told me anything new, it just revealed something about how motivations are perceived ;) )

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
does anyone else find it strange that this whole sub-forum usually remains unvisited by the VJ Vets, but after one of them arrived and made a snarky comment in that thread Bill linked to, above, suddenly the whole lot was here? it's like triffids; they call to one another :lol:;)

and yes: 'here to help'? some of them obviously are, but some of them - well, let's just say that the 'soapbox' reply I got at one stage was very illuminating ;)

(not that it told me anything new, it just revealed something about how motivations are perceived ;) )

You are not alone in your observation. I find it extremely tiresome. I know some of them are genuinely here to help, but the others are hell bent on being perceived as knowing it all and therefore no one else is allowed to have a different opinion. Ironically, some of the very ones who were lamenting in another thread about the loss of some seasoned members are the very ones who drove them away. But what do I know? After more than a year on this board I'm just a n00b who doesn't know what the heck she is talking about.

Timeline

Indeed, I am surprised they don't have something in their TOS to invoke some treason charges against you since you have been a member for over a year and still communicate in a civil and considerate manner with the newer members. Thanks for being here...we truly do appreciate those on VJs who have a sincere desire to help others without having a superiority complex.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.