bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

I borrowed from your letter, added more, and sent it to Sens. Webb and Warner:

I belong to a group of people who have filed for K1 visas through the Vermont Service Center. We meet for support and help online. Many of us filed for K1 and K3 petitions as early as April and May and are still waiting for our approvals (NOA2).

There is a growing concern amongst us about the lack of approvals we see coming out of our service center. We understand USCIS has a handling time of 6 months or less allocated to process these petitions.

Our issue is that up until May of this year, Vermont was the fastest processor of visas our country had and it has almost come to a complete stop this month. Its difficult to see the California Center turn out 30 petitions since September 18th, while Vermont has turned out merely a single approval in almost 10 days.

We understand our group is not a complete representation of what VSC processes but we are an accurate representation. We use real facts from real people to determine about when we can expect our approvals..and its usually accurate. But its so discouraging to see our dates move further and further away.

Many of us call the service center, but the customer service is appalling, as many operators are either unable or unwilling to provide any information. They can't tell us why the delay or what is being done to fix it..or when we may see a pick up in processing. This is information that would take the director 15 minutes to put into memo form and post on the USCIS website.

We pay for this service, making us a CUSTOMER of our own government. There were, in fact, significant fee increases to this process so that these delays would end, but they have not.

We aren't asking for status of our cases. All we want is some transparency from the agency. We want to know why the petitions are so slow in adjudication (been slowing down more and more since June), what is being done about it, and WHEN can we expect a pick up in results.

Therefore I am asking you to make a simple call, or write a simple email to find out this information so we may direct it to those of us who are so discouraged and heavy hearted. We ache to be united with our loved ones, the wait is hard enough, but this lack of information is simply unacceptable.

If the service being provided by USCIS were being provided by any other American business, they would be readily condemned. There is no reason the government should not be held to the same, if not higher standards.

All we request from our elected officials is information on this very important matter. We ask that USCIS be held accountable, and that they provide information to their own customers, United States Citizens who desire nothing more than to share the American Dream with those that they love.

Edited by thejoz

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I belong to a group of people who have filed for K1 visas through the Vermont Service Center. We meet for support and help online. Many of us filed for K1 and K3 petitions as early as April and May and are still waiting for our approvals (NOA2).

There is a growing concern amongst us about the lack of approvals we see coming out of our service center. We understand USCIS has a handling time of 6 months or less allocated to process these petitions.

Our issue is that up until May of this year, Vermont was the fastest processor of visas our country had and it has almost come to a complete stop this month. Its difficult to see the California Center turn out 30 petitions since September 18th, while Vermont has turned out merely a single approval in almost 10 days.

We understand our group is not a complete representation of what VSC processes but we are an accurate representation. We use real facts from real people to determine about when we can expect our approvals..and its usually accurate. But its so discouraging to see our dates move further and further away.

Many of us call the service center, but the customer service is appalling, as many operators are either unable or unwilling to provide any information. They can't tell us why the delay or what is being done to fix it..or when we may see a pick up in processing. This is information that would take the director 15 minutes to put into memo form and post on the USCIS website.

We pay for this service, making us a CUSTOMER of our own government. There were, in fact, significant fee increases to this process so that these delays would end, but they have not.

We aren't asking for status of our cases. All we want is some transparency from the agency. We want to know why the petitions are so slow in adjudication (been slowing down more and more since June), what is being done about it, and WHEN can we expect a pick up in results.

Therefore I am asking you to make a simple call, or write a simple email to find out this information so we may direct it to those of us who are so discouraged and heavy hearted. We ache to be united with our loved ones, the wait is hard enough, but this lack of information is simply unacceptable.

If the service being provided by USCIS were being provided by any other American business, they would be readily condemned. There is no reason the government should not be held to the same, if not higher standards.

All we request from our elected officials is information on this very important matter. We ask that USCIS be held accountable, and that they provide information to their own customers, United States Citizens who desire nothing more than to share the American Dream with those that they love.

great...mine went to...thanks...

10/1/2007 SUPERVISORY ADJUDICATIONS OFFICER

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-CO-DENVER, CO 80,355.00+

Im sorry???? HOW MUCH DOES THAT PAY???? And I can't get ONE memo from them?? WE PAY FOR THAT SALARY GUYS!!! Time to flood the senators and representative offices with CALL, FAXES AND EMAILS in addition to the letters ASKING FOR INFORMATION as to WHAT, WHY AND WHEN....

Wow! Adjudications Officers make over $60k a year. That's a pretty decent salary. What do they do? I mean, it doesn't seem like they would require a PhD, not that their job isn't important. hmmmmm?........ :huh:

They do have a tough job..I will admit that...they not only review our paper work but its up to THEM to detect up front fraud. So they are also like an investigator...but still....

I emailed my congressman asking for help...we'll see what happens....its not as professional as US Wendy's was..although I did mail those out to...I wanted a more personal touch as well...asking for INFORMATION:

Dear Senator Webb,

I belong to a group of people who have filed for K1 visas through the Vermont Service Center. We meet for support and help online. Many of us filed for K1 and K3 petitions as early as April and May and are still waiting for our approvals (NOA2). There is a growing concern amongst us about the lack of approvals we see coming out of our service center. We understand USCIS has a handling time of 6 months or less allocated to process these petitions. Our issue is that up until May of this year, Vermont was the fastest processor of visas our country had and it has almost come to a complete stop this month. Its difficult to see the California Center turn out 30 petitions since September 18th, while Vermont has turned out ONE. Yes..ONE. We understand our group is not a complete representation of what VSC processes but we are an ACCURATE representation. We use REAL facts from REAL people to determine about when we can expect our approvals..and its usually accurate. But its so discouraging to see our dates move further and further away. Many of us call the service center, but get RUDE representatives. They can't tell us why the delay or what is being done to fix it..or when we may see a pick up in processing. This is information that would take the director 15 minutes to put into memo form and post on the USCIS website. We pay for this service, making us a CUSTOMER of our own government. We aren't asking for status of our cases. ALL we want, is to know why the petitions are so slow in adjudication (been slowing down more and more since June), what is being done about it, and WHEN can we expect a pick up in results. Therefore I am asking you to make a simple call, or write a simple email to find out this information so we may direct it to those of us who are so discouraged and heavy hearted. We ache to be united with our loved ones, the wait is hard enough, but this lack of information is simply unacceptable. If we were dealing with an American BUSINESS this would be considered unacceptable by anyone of us. We deserve an answer. I respectfully request your intervention in this issue and anxiously await a response.

Thank You,

Faith Keenan

Registered Voter

804-365-0206

Just had to do more...say more....who knows...maybe ONE of us will get an ANSWER that is accurate and straight.... :crying::wacko::blink:

I hope you dont mind, but I just copied your letter and sent it to both of my senators as well. I also added this little bit to your last paragraph:

If we were dealing with an American BUSINESS this would be considered unacceptable by anyone of us and we could go elsewhere for our requirements. However, we must work through USCIS in order to achieve our desired results, and right now, USCIS is not transparent at all to it customers. We deserve an answer. I respectfully request your intervention in this issue and anxiously await a response.

WOW GREAT addition...i may add that to send to our state representatives to...

They do have a tough job..I will admit that...they not only review our paper work but its up to THEM to detect up front fraud. So they are also like an investigator...but still....

I emailed my congressman asking for help...we'll see what happens....its not as professional as US Wendy's was..although I did mail those out to...I wanted a more personal touch as well...asking for INFORMATION:

Dear Senator Webb,

I belong to a group of people who have filed for K1 visas through the Vermont Service Center. We meet for support and help online. Many of us filed for K1 and K3 petitions as early as April and May and are still waiting for our approvals (NOA2). There is a growing concern amongst us about the lack of approvals we see coming out of our service center. We understand USCIS has a handling time of 6 months or less allocated to process these petitions. Our issue is that up until May of this year, Vermont was the fastest processor of visas our country had and it has almost come to a complete stop this month. Its difficult to see the California Center turn out 30 petitions since September 18th, while Vermont has turned out ONE. Yes..ONE. We understand our group is not a complete representation of what VSC processes but we are an ACCURATE representation. We use REAL facts from REAL people to determine about when we can expect our approvals..and its usually accurate. But its so discouraging to see our dates move further and further away. Many of us call the service center, but get RUDE representatives. They can't tell us why the delay or what is being done to fix it..or when we may see a pick up in processing. This is information that would take the director 15 minutes to put into memo form and post on the USCIS website. We pay for this service, making us a CUSTOMER of our own government. We aren't asking for status of our cases. ALL we want, is to know why the petitions are so slow in adjudication (been slowing down more and more since June), what is being done about it, and WHEN can we expect a pick up in results. Therefore I am asking you to make a simple call, or write a simple email to find out this information so we may direct it to those of us who are so discouraged and heavy hearted. We ache to be united with our loved ones, the wait is hard enough, but this lack of information is simply unacceptable. If we were dealing with an American BUSINESS this would be considered unacceptable by anyone of us. We deserve an answer. I respectfully request your intervention in this issue and anxiously await a response.

Thank You,

Registered Voter

Just had to do more...say more....who knows...maybe ONE of us will get an ANSWER that is accurate and straight.... :crying::wacko::blink:

Good letter. :)

AWEEEEEEEEEEE coming from you I take that as a great compliment....thanks...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I combined both the changes and fixed a couple minor typos and sent it to my 2 senators. Woohoo! I'll add my version in case anyone else wants to copy it. Great letter! :D

Our issue is that up until May of this year, Vermont was the fastest processor of visas our country had and it has almost come to a complete stop this month. It's difficult to see the California Center turn out 30 petitions since September 18th, while Vermont has turned out merely a single approval in almost 10 days.

We understand our group is not a complete representation of what VSC processes but we are an accurate representation. We use real facts from real people to determine about when we can expect our approvals... and it's usually accurate. But its so discouraging to see our dates move further and further away.

Many of us call the service center, but the customer service is appalling, as many operators are either unable or unwilling to provide any information. They can't tell us why the delay or what is being done to fix it... or when we may see a pick up in processing. This is information that would take the director 15 minutes to put into memo form and post on the USCIS website.

Therefore I am asking you to make a simple call, or write a simple email to find out this information so we may direct it to those of us who are so discouraged and heavy hearted. We ache to be united with our loved ones; the wait is hard enough, but this lack of information is simply unacceptable.

If the service being provided by USCIS were being provided by any other American business, they would be readily condemned, and we would have the option of going elsewhere for our requirements. However, we must work through USCIS in order to achieve our desired results, and right now, USCIS is not transparent at all to it customers. We deserve an answer.

What we request from our elected officials is information on this very important matter. We ask that USCIS be held accountable, and that they provide information to their own customers, United States Citizens who desire nothing more than to share the American Dream with those they love.

I respectfully request your intervention in this issue and anxiously await a response.

Thank You,

Rachel K. Riggs

Registered Voter

K1

------------------------------------

07.12.07 - I-129f petition mailed

07.13.07 - I-129f received by VSC

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.29.07 - NOA2, waited 140 days

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

12.10.07 - Consulate Rec'd

12.13.07 - Packet 3 Rec'd

03.13.08 - Packet 3 sent back to Montreal

04.08.08 - eligible for interview

05.13.08 - Packet 4 Rec'd

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.16.08 - move date, POE via Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

06.25.08 - AOS package sent

06.30.08 - received in Chicago

07.07.08 - NOA1 for 485 (AOS), 765 (EAD), & 131 (AP), rec'd in mail 07.14.08

07.09.08 - touch on all 3

07.10.08 - check cashed

07.28.08 - case transferred to CSC

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.04.08 - touch on AOS & EAD

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

08.06.08, 08.07.08, 08.21.08, 08.22.08 - touch on AOS

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.05.08 - EAD card arrives in mail

09.06.08 - AP arrives in mail (no updates online or via email)

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.24.08 - welcome letter mailed

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

10.04.08 - Green Card received

02.21.09 - "real" wedding in Montreal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

great...mine went to...thanks...

10/1/2007 SUPERVISORY ADJUDICATIONS OFFICER

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-CO-DENVER, CO 80,355.00+

Im sorry???? HOW MUCH DOES THAT PAY???? And I can't get ONE memo from them?? WE PAY FOR THAT SALARY GUYS!!! Time to flood the senators and representative offices with CALL, FAXES AND EMAILS in addition to the letters ASKING FOR INFORMATION as to WHAT, WHY AND WHEN....

Wow! Adjudications Officers make over $60k a year. That's a pretty decent salary. What do they do? I mean, it doesn't seem like they would require a PhD, not that their job isn't important. hmmmmm?........ :huh:

Dear Senator Webb,

Thank You,

Faith Keenan

Registered Voter

804-365-0206

I hope you dont mind, but I just copied your letter and sent it to both of my senators as well. I also added this little bit to your last paragraph:

If we were dealing with an American BUSINESS this would be considered unacceptable by anyone of us and we could go elsewhere for our requirements. However, we must work through USCIS in order to achieve our desired results, and right now, USCIS is not transparent at all to it customers. We deserve an answer. I respectfully request your intervention in this issue and anxiously await a response.

WOW GREAT addition...i may add that to send to our state representatives to...

Dear Senator Webb,

Thank You,

Registered Voter

Good letter. :)

AWEEEEEEEEEEE coming from you I take that as a great compliment....thanks...

I just sent a copy of this letter to my state Senator and 2 Assemblymen; one of which constantly leaves ####### under my door to read cause "he cares". I guess we will see how much now.

Edited by Steph1973

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I will be sending this letter to my senators and rep too...the more the merrier :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline
I will be sending this letter to my senators and rep too...the more the merrier :)

Does anyone have a copy of a letter I can send to the media, not the politicians, i.e. msnbc?

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.21.08-Interview

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

It really is so disheartning that we have to be going through this!!! I am sending my letter also, i had already sent an email a while ago to my senators and to the director of the USCIS, never got an answer from any!! I sure hope all this effort from everyone of us pays off...but like i said , why do we even have to be going through this.. Just takes the air right out of me!!!

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Timeline
It really is so disheartning that we have to be going through this!!! I am sending my letter also, i had already sent an email a while ago to my senators and to the director of the USCIS, never got an answer from any!! I sure hope all this effort from everyone of us pays off...but like i said , why do we even have to be going through this.. Just takes the air right out of me!!!

I understand and agree with you. I guess it helps on the days when you feel the need to take control and do something. Then there are the days when you feel you can't exert the energy.

Edited by Steph1973

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.21.08-Interview

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just called my Senator's office and spoke with her aid regarding problems with USCIS. The aid told me to download a "Privacy Disclosure" form and fax it to their office. He said that they would input my information into their computer in two weeks and then assign it to an immigrations aid in the office. When I asked how long before they would get to me case, he stated it would take about a month or so. He also said that their office could not interfere with immigration guidelines and that they could only "inquire" about my case.

It seems another example of hurry and wait. I will send in the required for but I know I will have my approval before they assign my case. What a bunch of #######!!!! :angry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just called my Senator's office and spoke with her aid regarding problems with USCIS. The aid told me to download a "Privacy Disclosure" form and fax it to their office. He said that they would input my information into their computer in two weeks and then assign it to an "immigration aid" in the office. When I asked how long before they would get to my case, he stated it would take about a month or so. He also said that their office could not interfere with immigration guidelines and that they could only "inquire" about my case.

It seems another example of hurry up and wait. I guess joe blow citizen is only important when voting time comes around. I will send in the required paperwork but I know I will have my approval before they assign my case. What a bunch of #######!!!! :angry:

Edited by afterforever

Timeline
I just called my Senator's office and spoke with her aid regarding problems with USCIS. The aid told me to download a "Privacy Disclosure" form and fax it to their office. He said that they would input my information into their computer in two weeks and then assign it to an "immigration aid" in the office. When I asked how long before they would get to my case, he stated it would take about a month or so. He also said that their office could not interfere with immigration guidelines and that they could only "inquire" about my case.

It seems another example of hurry up and wait. I guess joe blow citizen is only important when voting time comes around. I will send in the required paperwork but I know I will have my approval before they assign my case. What a bunch of #######!!!! :angry:

Its important to keep a journal of these things...times, dates, who you speak with or email or mail sth to....Next step is to get the media involved...put the heat on for not getting answers...find out what we need to do to change disclosure laws from immigration...get a bill and start to lobby...

Ok ok..I have NO clue what im talking about...to me its not about MY petition...its about US as a visa journey family and all those others that wait soo long...and have no answers....its the lack of information abput why the delays...NOT that they have them..that gripes me.its no matter where u turn...you are set aside...given vague answers, no answers, no return calls, rude reps, and politicians who once again..say a month??? for what?? A 5 minute phone call? I want answers..and won't stop til I find someone that CAN interfere and get answers..MY NEXT LETTER GOES TO THE WHITE HOUSE....

I live close to washington...have NO problem with a march....

Ok ok..I have NO clue what im talking about...to me its not about MY petition...its about US as a visa journey family and all those others that wait soo long...and have no answers....its the lack of information abput why the delays...NOT that they have them..that gripes me.its no matter where u turn...you are set aside...given vague answers, no answers, no return calls, rude reps, and politicians who once again..say a month??? for what?? A 5 minute phone call? I want answers..and won't stop til I find someone that CAN interfere and get answers..MY NEXT LETTER GOES TO THE WHITE HOUSE....

Unfortunately, and perhaps I am just being overly pessimistic, but if the Bush Administration can ignore the over 60% of the population who want the Iraq War to end / troops to come home, I cannot see them giving a damn about one (or even a dozen) letters complaining about the K1 process...

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Timeline

Unfortunately, and perhaps I am just being overly pessimistic, but if the Bush Administration can ignore the over 60% of the population who want the Iraq War to end / troops to come home, I cannot see them giving a damn about one (or even a dozen) letters complaining about the K1 process...

I couldn't agree more. That is if he even knows what a K1 visa is.

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.21.08-Interview

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

Timeline

Does anyone have a copy of a letter I can send to the media, not the politicians, i.e. msnbc?

May I suggest sth similar to what we have jointly compiled???

Dear ________________ (call the media find a name to give this),

I belong to a group of people who have filed for K1 visas through the Vermont Service Center. We meet for support and help online through a website. Many of us filed for K1 and K3 petitions as early as April and May and are still waiting for our approvals (NOA2).

There is a growing concern amongst us about the lack of approvals we see coming out of our service center. We understand USCIS has a handling time of 6 months or less allocated to process these petitions. And we understand there are many reasons for delays.

Our issue is that up until May of this year, Vermont was the fastest processor of visas our country had and it has almost come to a complete stop this month. Some petitions were approved in less than TWO WEEKS! It's difficult to see the California Center turn out 30 petitions since September 18th, while Vermont has turned out merely a single approval in almost 10 days within our group.

We understand our group is not a complete representation of what VSC processes but we are an accurate representation. We use real facts from real people to determine about when we can expect our approvals... and it's usually accurate. But its so discouraging to see our dates move further and further away.

Many of us call the service center, but the customer service is appalling, as many operators are either unable or unwilling to provide any information. They can't tell us why the delay or what is being done to fix it... or when we may see a pick up in processing. This is information that would take the director 15 minutes to put into memo form and post on the USCIS website.

If the service being provided by USCIS were being provided by any other American business, they would be readily condemned, and we would have the option of going elsewhere for our requirements. However, we must work through USCIS in order to achieve our desired results, and right now, USCIS is not transparent at all to it customer; the customer service representatives have no answers and we are put on hold with our Senators and elected officials and told they can not interfere. Where ARE we to go for answers? We deserve an answer

Therefore I am asking you to help us make this issue public knowledge, and to use your available means to investigate this story. Human Interest stories generate a great deal of attention from not only the public, but our lawmakers in Washington, DC. We are asking you to help us make a difference in the lives of thousands of petitioners just like me, who are lost in this tangled web of red tape. We ache to be united with our loved ones; the wait is hard enough, but this lack of information is simply unacceptable.

What we request from you, our media representatives is to investigate this very important matter, make the public aware of the pitfalls of immigration. We ask that USCIS be held accountable, and that they provide information to their own customers, United States Citizens who desire nothing more than to share the American Dream with those they love. We want them to answer for these delays and provide us with the service we paid for and need.

I respectfully request your investigation and intervention in this issue and anxiously await a response.

Thank You,

Make sure to include your personal information and send to as many local and country wide media as you can. The collective efforts we have exhibited here to put this letter together is awesome..if anyone else has any thoughts..please share..Its one thing to sit and complain..another to stand up and be heard. I know it may not change anything today..but what about future generations? Our children who may fall in love with a foreign national.... where will this madness end...I encourage you to post these letters and your efforts in other forums and for CSC'ers as well who have undergone delays or inadequate answers...remember..this isn't for status of our PERSONAL petitions..but a start to make a CHANGE....

Timeline

You may be right...but do you think Adam Walsh made changes over night??? No..he had to get LOUD to be heard. This is an election year coming...one thing for 60% to be against a war..another thing to start making huge media waves in an election year...anyways..no one said change happens overnight...maybe not with Bush..maybe with the next group....not the point...point is we have a right to be heard...to speak...so I say SHOUT IT OUT....be heard..and who knows...MAYBE...just MAYBE change will come.... What do we have to lose by trying?? WE've already lost something very precious...our time with our loved ones...we can't get that back...but we CAN be movers and shakers and make a difference for someone else...TRY..

We start with a dozen today...tomorrow a hundred...Adam Walsh was ONE man..on a mission...if you can believe it, you CAN achieve it....

SOOO LETS GOOOO...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.