bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Since Sept 18th, CSC has had 30 approvals....VSC..............ONE....

Something is seriously wrong with that.

I didn't think I was crazy...I think so to...even IF CSC gets more petitions...this isn't right...I know they have loads of petitions..I know they are undergoing changes...but 1 approval in 8 days???? I don't get it...

I mean, I can understand that the number of approvals from VSC is going to be lower than CSC given that CSC has a bulk of the petitions (prior to the July changes) but 1 vs 30 from CSC is just not right.

I am really itching to know what they are doing at VSC. The fact that there is nothing coming out of there is strange. Even when CSC had 3/4 of the petitions you knew that come the 3-4 month mark YOU WERE GETTING AN APPROVAL. I find it hard to believe that it is solely the redistribution of petitions that has caused this massive unacceptable delay.

I really wonder what is going on there.

THAT was the original idea of writing to our politicians and anyone that would listen...I wasn't so concerned about STATUS of ONE petition but JUST some information pleassssssssssssse on what the hold up is...WHY did it change SOOOOOOOOOOOO suddenly and drastically for VCS...WHEN will it be fixed?? I was hoping with a letter asking for information WITH these statistics SOMEONE in America would say..hey..they are right...they deserve an answer...

I do believe they are TRYING to fix their issues..and there is ALOT to fix..and thats fine..but just not at MY expense..and not without INFORMATION.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Let's hope that the letters we sent out are going to get us some answers.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
it's been said before, but one of the main explanations I would suspect is that since VSC has been running way ahead of their 'six month' deadline on these particular visas, now when staff are needed for other things, they're pulled off K1 and K3 to get those done, as there's still loads of leeway... they may well be keeping one jump ahead of the wolf on all of them, so as various deadlines approach, that visa or other documentation gets prioritised

and of course there is the distinct possibility that approvals are still dribbling out, but that for the last couple of days they haven't included anyone on VJ... or anyone on VJ who's come in to update their timeline...

You may be right....but boy does that sound like poor management. I wonder if I could get a job there?....maybe it would be a conflict of interest.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

it would be poor management if it continued long-term, but many companies and organisations do things like this for a short time, if there's some sort of crisis or rapidly approaching deadline... and until VERY recently, Vermont was seen as the paragon of service centres; that they've fallen off the wagon so spectacularly and in such a short time indicates to me that they're in crisis management, as they sort themselves out, and put new systems in place

all complete speculation, of course, but it fits the facts, at least as I know them :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Good morning!!!!!!!!!! Let´s all start a good wednesday and good luck to all of us today!!!!!

I wish I could work at VSC.....I would get everybody approved in a month! hahahaha!

I think we are the right people to work there since we know the feeling of waitng Right!???? :D

My adjudication date dropped also one day! Sept. 16!!!! But today is Sept 26th.... :o

I just closed my gmail and USCIS website......!!!

Edited by Mirla

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Timeline

I'd love to work there for a while; it would drive me nuts after a bit, but for a couple of months I'd love it... I'm a real systems and processes person, so that would work, and the added spur of reuniting people with their loved ones would be great :)

of course, the reality is that it's probably a very dispiriting job... high workloads aside, they probably see a lot of visa fraud - which sort of goes over our heads in here because most people wouldn't bother joining a website for support on something that's a lie anyway - and get very jaded... you'd probably end up suspecting everyone :unsure:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
I'd love to work there for a while; it would drive me nuts after a bit, but for a couple of months I'd love it... I'm a real systems and processes person, so that would work, and the added spur of reuniting people with their loved ones would be great :)

of course, the reality is that it's probably a very dispiriting job... high workloads aside, they probably see a lot of visa fraud - which sort of goes over our heads in here because most people wouldn't bother joining a website for support on something that's a lie anyway - and get very jaded... you'd probably end up suspecting everyone :unsure:

Please go and apply, you can't do any worse than they are right now.

This is just page one of the current job openings there.

Closing Job Title Agency Location Salary

9/26/2007 CIS CLERK (OA)

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-CO-DENVER, CO 27,487.00+

9/26/2007 MISSION SUPPORT ASSISTANT (OA)

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-CO-DENVER, CO 30,753.00+

9/27/2007 CIS CLERK

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-MN-BLOOMINGTON, MN 27,063.00+

9/27/2007 CIS CLERK (OA)

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-MN-DULUTH, MN 25,797.00+

9/27/2007 IMMIGRATION INFORMATION OFFICER

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-MD-BALTIMORE, MD 28,862.00+

9/27/2007 MAIL & FILE CLERK (OA)

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-CO-DENVER, CO 27,487.00+

9/28/2007 ADJUDICATION OFFICER (ASCM)

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-TX-LAREDO, TX 52,912.00+

9/28/2007 ADJUDICATIONS OFFICER (APPLICATIONS SUPPORT CENTER MANAGER)

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-MD-BALTIMORE, MD 66,767.00+

9/28/2007 SUPERVISORY ADJUDICATIONS OFFICER

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-NE-LINCOLN, NE 75,414.00+

9/28/2007 SUPERVISORY CIS CLERK (OA)

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-CA-SAN FRANCISCO, CA 41,367.00+

9/28/2007 SUPERVISORY IMMIGRATION INFORMATION OFFICER

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-NY-BUFFALO, NY 44,318.00+

10/1/2007 SENIOR ADJUDICATIONS OFFICER (TEMPORARY)

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-MD-BALTIMORE, MD 79,397.00+

10/1/2007 SUPERVISORY ADJUDICATIONS OFFICER

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-CO-DENVER, CO 80,355.00+

10/1/2007 SUPERVISORY CIS CLERK (TEMPORARY)

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-VT-ST. ALBANS and ESSEX, VT 32,172.00+

10/1/2007 SUPERVISORY IMMIGRATION INFORMATION OFFICER

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-TN-MEMPHIS, TN 48,159.00+

10/1/2007 SUPERVISORY MANAGEMENT & PROGRAM ANALYST

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-MO-LEE'S SUMMIT, MO 63,417.00+

10/2/2007 IMMIGRATION INFORMATION OFFICER

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-VA-FAIRFAX, VA 33,872.00+

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-MO-LEE'S SUMMIT, MO 28,862.00+

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-DC-WASHINGTON, DC 110,363.00+

10/3/2007 ADJUDICATION OFFICER

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-DC-WASHINGTON, DC 66,767.00+

10/3/2007 ADJUDICATION OFFICER

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-DC-WASHINGTON, DC 66,767.00+

10/3/2007 District Director, Field Services

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-IL-Chicago Metro area 111,676.00+

10/3/2007 IMMIGRATION INFORMATION OFFICER

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-AZ-PHOENIX, AZ 29,010.00+

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

Timeline
it would be poor management if it continued long-term, but many companies and organisations do things like this for a short time, if there's some sort of crisis or rapidly approaching deadline... and until VERY recently, Vermont was seen as the paragon of service centres; that they've fallen off the wagon so spectacularly and in such a short time indicates to me that they're in crisis management, as they sort themselves out, and put new systems in place

all complete speculation, of course, but it fits the facts, at least as I know them :)

You may very well be right BUT....my problem isnt that they slowed down...or had to revamp...or had poor management or are dealing with a crisis...my ISSUE IS:

That they haven't EXPLAINED this....told us..released info to keep us informed...IF I work in a credit card processing company...and our credit card making machine broke and people had to wait 4 months for us to buy new machine...I certainly own my CUSTOMERS WHO PAY an explaination..as to WHY it will take soo long to get the cards out to them. (just a stupid example..but you get my point). Its not that they slowed down or that I want them to RUSH my petition....I want INFORMATION as to why and what is being done to fix it and WHEN we can expect it more normal again...not to much to ask...a simple statement from them posted on USCIS website would work...ANYTHING...but we PAID for a service and NO one can give us information about a "product/service" we have paid for. THATS MY ISSUE!! Lack of communication. Takes ONE director 15 minutes to dictate a memo to post on their website. NOt much to ask..or a memo gone out to service center reps so they don't have to KEEP taking the heat from peoples calls.

Timeline

You may very well be right BUT....my problem isnt that they slowed down...or had to revamp...or had poor management or are dealing with a crisis...my ISSUE IS:

That they haven't EXPLAINED this....told us..released info to keep us informed...IF I work in a credit card processing company...and our credit card making machine broke and people had to wait 4 months for us to buy new machine...I certainly own my CUSTOMERS WHO PAY an explaination..as to WHY it will take soo long to get the cards out to them. (just a stupid example..but you get my point). Its not that they slowed down or that I want them to RUSH my petition....I want INFORMATION as to why and what is being done to fix it and WHEN we can expect it more normal again...not to much to ask...a simple statement from them posted on USCIS website would work...ANYTHING...but we PAID for a service and NO one can give us information about a "product/service" we have paid for. THATS MY ISSUE!! Lack of communication. Takes ONE director 15 minutes to dictate a memo to post on their website. NOt much to ask..or a memo gone out to service center reps so they don't have to KEEP taking the heat from peoples calls.

Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services US-CO-DENVER, CO 80,355.00+

Im sorry???? HOW MUCH DOES THAT PAY???? And I can't get ONE memo from them?? WE PAY FOR THAT SALARY GUYS!!! Time to flood the senators and representative offices with CALL, FAXES AND EMAILS in addition to the letters ASKING FOR INFORMATION as to WHAT, WHY AND WHEN....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Im sorry???? HOW MUCH DOES THAT PAY???? And I can't get ONE memo from them?? WE PAY FOR THAT SALARY GUYS!!! Time to flood the senators and representative offices with CALL, FAXES AND EMAILS in addition to the letters ASKING FOR INFORMATION as to WHAT, WHY AND WHEN....

Wow! Adjudications Officers make over $60k a year. That's a pretty decent salary. What do they do? I mean, it doesn't seem like they would require a PhD, not that their job isn't important. hmmmmm?........ :huh:

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline

Wow! Adjudications Officers make over $60k a year. That's a pretty decent salary. What do they do? I mean, it doesn't seem like they would require a PhD, not that their job isn't important. hmmmmm?........ :huh:

They do have a tough job..I will admit that...they not only review our paper work but its up to THEM to detect up front fraud. So they are also like an investigator...but still....

I emailed my congressman asking for help...we'll see what happens....its not as professional as US Wendy's was..although I did mail those out to...I wanted a more personal touch as well...asking for INFORMATION:

Dear Senator Webb,

I belong to a group of people who have filed for K1 visas through the Vermont Service Center. We meet for support and help online. Many of us filed for K1 and K3 petitions as early as April and May and are still waiting for our approvals (NOA2). There is a growing concern amongst us about the lack of approvals we see coming out of our service center. We understand USCIS has a handling time of 6 months or less allocated to process these petitions. Our issue is that up until May of this year, Vermont was the fastest processor of visas our country had and it has almost come to a complete stop this month. Its difficult to see the California Center turn out 30 petitions since September 18th, while Vermont has turned out ONE. Yes..ONE. We understand our group is not a complete representation of what VSC processes but we are an ACCURATE representation. We use REAL facts from REAL people to determine about when we can expect our approvals..and its usually accurate. But its so discouraging to see our dates move further and further away. Many of us call the service center, but get RUDE representatives. They can't tell us why the delay or what is being done to fix it..or when we may see a pick up in processing. This is information that would take the director 15 minutes to put into memo form and post on the USCIS website. We pay for this service, making us a CUSTOMER of our own government. We aren't asking for status of our cases. ALL we want, is to know why the petitions are so slow in adjudication (been slowing down more and more since June), what is being done about it, and WHEN can we expect a pick up in results. Therefore I am asking you to make a simple call, or write a simple email to find out this information so we may direct it to those of us who are so discouraged and heavy hearted. We ache to be united with our loved ones, the wait is hard enough, but this lack of information is simply unacceptable. If we were dealing with an American BUSINESS this would be considered unacceptable by anyone of us. We deserve an answer. I respectfully request your intervention in this issue and anxiously await a response.

Thank You,

Faith Keenan

Registered Voter

804-365-0206

Just had to do more...say more....who knows...maybe ONE of us will get an ANSWER that is accurate and straight.... :crying::wacko::blink:

:yes:

it's been said before, but one of the main explanations I would suspect is that since VSC has been running way ahead of their 'six month' deadline on these particular visas, now when staff are needed for other things, they're pulled off K1 and K3 to get those done, as there's still loads of leeway... they may well be keeping one jump ahead of the wolf on all of them, so as various deadlines approach, that visa or other documentation gets prioritised

and of course there is the distinct possibility that approvals are still dribbling out, but that for the last couple of days they haven't included anyone on VJ... or anyone on VJ who's come in to update their timeline...

:yes:

By George, I think she´s got it!

;)

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Timeline

:P

;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

They do have a tough job..I will admit that...they not only review our paper work but its up to THEM to detect up front fraud. So they are also like an investigator...but still....

I emailed my congressman asking for help...we'll see what happens....its not as professional as US Wendy's was..although I did mail those out to...I wanted a more personal touch as well...asking for INFORMATION:

Dear Senator Webb,

I belong to a group of people who have filed for K1 visas through the Vermont Service Center. We meet for support and help online. Many of us filed for K1 and K3 petitions as early as April and May and are still waiting for our approvals (NOA2). There is a growing concern amongst us about the lack of approvals we see coming out of our service center. We understand USCIS has a handling time of 6 months or less allocated to process these petitions. Our issue is that up until May of this year, Vermont was the fastest processor of visas our country had and it has almost come to a complete stop this month. Its difficult to see the California Center turn out 30 petitions since September 18th, while Vermont has turned out ONE. Yes..ONE. We understand our group is not a complete representation of what VSC processes but we are an ACCURATE representation. We use REAL facts from REAL people to determine about when we can expect our approvals..and its usually accurate. But its so discouraging to see our dates move further and further away. Many of us call the service center, but get RUDE representatives. They can't tell us why the delay or what is being done to fix it..or when we may see a pick up in processing. This is information that would take the director 15 minutes to put into memo form and post on the USCIS website. We pay for this service, making us a CUSTOMER of our own government. We aren't asking for status of our cases. ALL we want, is to know why the petitions are so slow in adjudication (been slowing down more and more since June), what is being done about it, and WHEN can we expect a pick up in results. Therefore I am asking you to make a simple call, or write a simple email to find out this information so we may direct it to those of us who are so discouraged and heavy hearted. We ache to be united with our loved ones, the wait is hard enough, but this lack of information is simply unacceptable. If we were dealing with an American BUSINESS this would be considered unacceptable by anyone of us. We deserve an answer. I respectfully request your intervention in this issue and anxiously await a response.

Thank You,

Registered Voter

Just had to do more...say more....who knows...maybe ONE of us will get an ANSWER that is accurate and straight.... :crying::wacko::blink:

Good letter. :)

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Dear Senator Webb,

Thank You,

Faith Keenan

Registered Voter

804-365-0206

I hope you dont mind, but I just copied your letter and sent it to both of my senators as well. I also added this little bit to your last paragraph:

If we were dealing with an American BUSINESS this would be considered unacceptable by anyone of us and we could go elsewhere for our requirements. However, we must work through USCIS in order to achieve our desired results, and right now, USCIS is not transparent at all to it customers. We deserve an answer. I respectfully request your intervention in this issue and anxiously await a response.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.