RRT1980

Santa Ana Office Filers

55 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, sjones said:

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to keep you all posted on my interview experience. My interview was scheduled for 8:30AM Dec16th and I arrived there at 8:15AM. I was taken to the second floor where Adjustment and Naturalization interviews take place. I waited in the waiting room for an hour before i was called in. My officer was such a nice guy and he was accompanied by a female officer who was there to observe him. They both were looking at my documents and said I have lots of evidence and they really appreciated the fact that I had submitted that much.

I filed online in Nov, 2019 and submitted a bunch of documents. A few months ago, I added some more updated documents with 2019 joint tax filing, joint insurance, quarterly bank statements since my submission last year, lease renewal etc. and they were a bit confused as to why there were more recent submissions. I told them that I didn't see any movement in my case, so thought I'd update my documents online and they both nodded, smiled and said that it was great that I was proactive. 

The main officer asked me for my green card and driver's license, and he explained to the other officer that this is to see if I still have my green card and the driver's license is for checking my residency. He went through the application questions, talked for a bit and then congratulated me and told me that I was getting recommended for approval. The entire process took about 30 mins. They asked me to wait in the lobby for about an hour to receive my Naturalization certificate. I was walked outside and waited in the lobby for like 15 mins when I was called back in. I took the oath with both officers in the same interview room and received my certificate. I was out in 5 minutes this time.  I'm an American citizen now!!! :)

Questions that I was asked were: 

- What did Abraham Lincoln do?

- When was constitution written?

- What happened on 9/11?

- What's the capital of California?

- How many amendments in Constitution?

- Name one of the longest rivers.

I answered them all 6 questions correctly so he told me I passed the test. 

Thank you for your update. My window will soon open but I would like to have ROC complete first and it looks like Santa Ana is taking more than a year. It's helpful to see other people's experiences. 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline
3 minutes ago, RRT1980 said:

Any January 2020 Santa Ana filers? Did USCIS schedule your interview?

Not for citizenship, but my husband and I followed for ROC 1/13/20. Basically everyone who came on CR-1 now gets an ROC interview, so we are waiting on an interview in Santa Ana still.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas

Consulate: Cuba  Colombia. Thanks, Trump!

Marriage: 12/31/2016

I-130 Sent: 3/2/2017

I-130 NOA1: 3/8/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/29/17

NOA2 hardcopy received: 9/5/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/26/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/11/2017

NVC Received: 9/21/2017

Case Number and Invoice Number Available: 9/22/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/27/17

Received Invoices for AOS and IV and Paid Both (No DS-261 as I have a lawyer): 9/27/2017 

DS-260 Unlocked: 9/29/2017

DS-260 Submitted: 10/5/17

IV & AOS Packages Mailed: 10/5/17

Packages Physically Arrived at NVC10/10/17

Scan Date: 10/11/17

Case Complete: 11/20/17

Case Complete Email: 11/28/17

Interview Date Received: 1/31/18

Interview: 3/27/18- Approved!

POE: 4/5/18, LAX

SSN Card Received: 4/16/18

2-Year Green Card Received: 4/21/18

ROC

Package Sent: 1/13/20

NOA1 (MSC): 1/16/20

Biometrics Notice: 1/31/20

Biometrics Appt: 2/12/20 (walked in early 2/6)

Interview Ready to Be Scheduled: 10/21/20

Interview Scheduled: 5/12/21

Interview Date: 6/17/21 - Approved!

New Card is Being Produced: 6/17/21

Card Was Mailed to You: 6/21/21

Case Was Approved: 6/22/21

Card Was Picked Up by USPS: 6/23/21

Card in Hand: 6/24/21

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RRT1980 said:

Yes. I did it in March before lockdown.

My biometrics were not taken during my visa process (IR5) outside USA. So I believe they will set up my biometrics appointment next.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, RRT1980 said:

I passed my interview today in Santa Ana, CA today along with oath. This forum has been helpful. Thank you all!!!

Please share the questions asked and how were the officers and staff over there?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, SzSz said:

Please share the questions asked and how were the officers and staff over there?

Officer was super nice.

1. What is one right from the First Amendment?

2. Name one war fought by the United States in the 1800s?

3. Name your U.S. Representative?

4. In what month do we vote for President?

5. What is the name of the Vice President of the United States?

6. What ocean is on the West Coast of the United States?

2 hours ago, RRT1980 said:

Officer was super nice.

1. What is one right from the First Amendment?

2. Name one war fought by the United States in the 1800s?

3. Name your U.S. Representative?

4. In what month do we vote for President?

5. What is the name of the Vice President of the United States?

6. What ocean is on the West Coast of the United States?

Did he ask about the meaning of the words that are used in the application yes and no questions? I have been watching mock interview videos that are supposedly based on true experiences and a lot of the time they are asking meaning or to explain those words instead of simple yes and no questions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, SzSz said:

Did he ask about the meaning of the words that are used in the application yes and no questions? I have been watching mock interview videos that are supposedly based on true experiences and a lot of the time they are asking meaning or to explain those words instead of simple yes and no questions.

Officer did not ask meaning of any words. He just went through all Yes & No questions. I just had to answer Yes or No.

• 4 weeks later...

Did any Santa Ana filers receive biometric appointment during Covid? I filed on Sept 02/2020. In my account completion date is listed as June 2020. But I have not even received biometric appointment letter yet...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.