RRT1980

Santa Ana Office Filers

55 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
On 3/10/2021 at 5:50 PM, RRT1980 said:

I passed my interview today in Santa Ana, CA today along with oath. This forum has been helpful. Thank you all!!!

Congratulations!

I have applied on 9/14/2020 and today I got interview notice for Jul 30. Bi reuse was sent 2/19/2021.

I have a question and would appreciate if anyone can help:

As I see they do same day oath ceremony, do I have the option to postpone the oath as I might be travelling internationally right after my interview!

Thank you in advance ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Irza said:

Congratulations!

I have applied on 9/14/2020 and today I got interview notice for Jul 30. Bi reuse was sent 2/19/2021.

I have a question and would appreciate if anyone can help:

As I see they do same day oath ceremony, do I have the option to postpone the oath as I might be travelling internationally right after my interview!

Thank you in advance ;)

It's hard to estimate how long interview takes. Planning to travel same day might not be a good idea.

BTW, whole oath process took only 30 minutes for me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
45 minutes ago, RRT1980 said:

It's hard to estimate how long interview takes. Planning to travel same day might not be a good idea.

BTW, whole oath process took only 30 minutes for me.

Thanks for your comment.

I am not planning to travel the same day.

And my question is

Did you have the option to postpone the oath ceremony?

Because I take the oath same day I have to turn in my green card and should apply and wait for US passport to be able to travel.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
On 7/27/2020 at 12:28 PM, RRT1980 said:

I have filed in Feb 2020 & Bio metrics done in March. Estimated Completion is November 2020. I am currently waiting for interview.

Please post your case details.

Hi have you recieved your interview letter yet ?

On 8/12/2020 at 8:38 PM, MandG said:

@little_mermaidDid you have your interview?  If so, how did it go?  How are they handling oath ceremonies?   Just wondering as my wife's interview in Santa Ana is on Monday.

My husband had his interview last month (applied August 2020). He got there a little early which he said was good because they give you a number. He first did the civics test (6 questions), write a sentence and read a sentence. He then waited for his interview on the next floor. The interview was asking about stuff already answered in his paperwork. Once he was done, they told him he was lucky because he would be able to do the oath ceremony right away. They said some days the system is down and they have to schedule people to go back for the oath. He then went to another floor and him and a lady did the oath ceremony together. He was done right under 2 hours. And is now a citizen 😀

ROC I-751 Husband GC CR6 EXP 08/19
5/23/19 Mailed to AZ Lockbox (I-751, G-1145, Check, Supporting Evidence) USPS Priority

5/31/19 Received text of receipt with WAC case number

6/4/19 Received NOA in Mail (18 month GC extension)

12/9/19 Received biometrics appts (12/18)

12/29/19 Rescheduled biometrics appt (New date 1/28)

3/11/20 Online Update-New Card being produced

3/16/20 Case approved NOA dated 3/11 (card can take up to 60 days)

3/16/20 Online- Card was mailed

3/19/20 Received Card

WAC Filers Timeline Document

Spoiler AoS I-485, EAD I-765, AP I-131 Husband

Filed Concurrently I-130 (F1-Husband), AoS I-485, EAD I-765, AP I-131

11/18/2016 – mailed the application. ; 11/20/2016 – delivered application to Chicago.

Day 1 11/21/2016 - PD (Priority Date) date of I-130 ; Day 17 12/7/2016 – checks cashed.

Day 18-19 12/8-9/2016 – text/email notification that your application has been received.

Day 24 12/14/2016 NOA received I-797C for I-485, I-131, I-765 and I-797C for I-130 mail notification.

Day 29 12/19/2016– received biometrics appointment notification. Mark your calendar to attend.

Day 40 12/30/2016 – do the biometrics appointment. Scheduled Day 47 1/3/2017 but completed Day 43.

Day 61 1/20/2017 Online status change-We are ready to schedule your I-485 form for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice.

Day 93 2/21/2017 Online status change-Approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. We will mail your approval notice.//Approved your Form I-131 (Advance Parole), Application For USCIS Travel Document. We will mail your approval notice.

Day 95 2/23/2017 Online status change- We mailed your new card for (I-765), to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by March 25, 2017 please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you.

Day 96 2/24/2017 Received Approval letters in the mail for I-765 and I-131.Day 99 2/27/2017 Received EADw/AP in mail.

Day 232  7/10/17 – interview appointment notification: Appt scheduled 7/7 for 8/9. ; Day 262  – the interview (Northern Virginia)

Day 270  New Card Being Produced ; Day 275  Card Mailed

• 6 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.