TVC

can i fly to manila and never leave the airport

24 posts in this topic

Yes. That is my understanding. He would be treated like anyone else entering the country passing through immigration and being released into the general public regardless of the fact that he has a connecting flight. In Manila there is no internal connection to flights without passing through immigration.

Edited by boris64

Finally done...

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

I have never been to NAIA,  so the first question will be is the Manila airport setup to allow international transfer passengers.   Airports such as Seoul and Hong Kong are set up this way as you can get to the international departure gates without going through immigration.   

You need to get to NAIA in Manila so you can answer these questions and explore the "Pearl of the Orient" and while you  are in the Philippines make you a flight to Davao City and check it out.  Always good times going to new places there and exploring.  

Welp, too bad. It was worth a shot. Gonna need to find another way to outsmart this godforsaken virus.

I was wearing my mask yesterday and this old guy saw me and said "Why you got that on? You must be one of those dang liberals."

And I said "No I'm not but the virus is a Democrat so I'm trying to keep it away."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What if you were in quarantine and wanted to return home right away? Wouldn't they let you get back to the airport? It doesn't seem like your requirement is to not leave the airport, it is just to make an immediate return flight.

12 minutes ago, JonSeattle said:

What if you were in quarantine and wanted to return home right away? Wouldn't they let you get back to the airport? It doesn't seem like your requirement is to not leave the airport, it is just to make an immediate return flight.

My guess is you will be quarantined and also keep in mind, unless you are a long term visa holder, the Philippines no longer just stamps you at the airport.  You have to have your visa before you leave and they are allowing a limited number of visa holders to arrive daily after August 1.  They also require a pre-booked quarantine hotel and swab test.  That is paid for before you leave, I believe.

There are also restrictions on who can leave and depending on airline, K-1 beneficiaries have been stopped.  I know this is supposed to open up but if you track cases the Philippines is just starting to really get hit bad.  2,200 new cases today.  I'm guessing a new lockdown is coming soon.  

I just heard from a friend who contacted the Embassy in Washington.  He was told only dual citizens and spouses of filipinos will be allowed to enter and that they are still determining how long that restriction will last.  He just told me this 5 minutes ago.

In the case you describe, you would arrive and go through customs and immigration.  Odds of them letting you back through customs and immigration to leave would be very small.  

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

My guess is you will be quarantined and also keep in mind, unless you are a long term visa holder, the Philippines no longer just stamps you at the airport.  You have to have your visa before you leave and they are allowing a limited number of visa holders to arrive daily after August 1.  They also require a pre-booked quarantine hotel and swab test.  That is paid for before you leave, I believe.

There are also restrictions on who can leave and depending on airline, K-1 beneficiaries have been stopped.  I know this is supposed to open up but if you track cases the Philippines is just starting to really get hit bad.  2,200 new cases today.  I'm guessing a new lockdown is coming soon.  

I just heard from a friend who contacted the Embassy in Washington.  He was told only dual citizens and spouses of filipinos will be allowed to enter and that they are still determining how long that restriction will last.  He just told me this 5 minutes ago.

In the case you describe, you would arrive and go through customs and immigration.  Odds of them letting you back through customs and immigration to leave would be very small.  

He could take a copy of his wife PI passport and copy of marriage certificate and be able to enter, this is what BI is saying.  But the quarantine would be the deathblow to almost any Kano trying to enter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, payxibka said:

I have never been to NAIA,  so the first question will be is the Manila airport setup to allow international transfer passengers.   Airports such as Seoul and Hong Kong are set up this way as you can get to the international departure gates without going through immigration.   

No, naia is not set up this way. As soon as you get off the plane you head through immigration. Then you can transfer. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.