TVC

can i fly to manila and never leave the airport

24 posts in this topic

What if I were to fly into manila and then wait for a connecting flight back out of the country. Would this be a way to avoid quarintine? I am a us citzen and would be meeting my pinay wife on the flight out of the philippines. She is afraid to fly alone with our kids and this is the whole point so i can help.

I think this wouldnt work because youd have to go through immigration and then reenter the airport to get on a flight out of the country.

Edited by TVC

23 minutes ago, TVC said:

Can I fly into Manila, not leave the airport, and catch a return flight with my wife and kids without quarentine?

I have never head of anyone flying to final destination to fly back to their original destination.

It's a head scratcher for me, I have never seen this question or heard of anyone trying to do it. Lets see what the brain trust here says.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

In theory you can... Dunno of any law against doing that... But you will have to clear immigration as most airports have separate pathways for incoming flights and out going flights and in between them is immigration... So you will clear immigration... Pick up your wife and kids get on the next flight like a boss 😎

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have never been to NAIA,  so the first question will be is the Manila airport setup to allow international transfer passengers.   Airports such as Seoul and Hong Kong are set up this way as you can get to the international departure gates without going through immigration.   

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

In theory you can... Dunno of any law against doing that... But you will have to clear immigration as most airports have separate pathways for incoming flights and out going flights and in between them is immigration... So you will clear immigration... Pick up your wife and kids get on the next flight like a boss 😎

Many airports allow international transfers without going through immigration.  Airports in the US and Canada do not.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Agreed mostly very big airports are set up that way... For instance I once had to fly to Dubai Airport to meet up with a customer to sign a contract then I got on another flight back to the 🇺🇸 I didn't go through customes 

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

23 minutes ago, QueenB03 said:

Following! I am trying to figure out the same thing if I can fly airport to airport to pick up my minor children since they currently not allowing foreign passport holder to enter PI.

They do with documentation that you're married to someone from the Philippines. 

3 hours ago, TVC said:

Can I fly into Manila, not leave the airport, and catch a return flight with my wife and kids without quarentine?

49 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Agreed mostly very big airports are set up that way... For instance I once had to fly to Dubai Airport to meet up with a customer to sign a contract then I got on another flight back to the 🇺🇸 I didn't go through customes 

In Manila you have to go through customs upon arrival. All passengers.

Finally done...

2 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Wrong Answer

Going thru customs and Immigration they will stick them in 14 day quarantine, and it's rumored to be a few days longer than 14 

28 minutes ago, boris64 said:

You are correct sir

31 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Refresh my memory. You get off plane from USA, and it seems to me you go thru immigration control first, and then you go get your luggage and then go past customs and then your are free to roam the country.  Is that the correct process, I don't know cuz I never travel with luggage I only carry on to Philipppines.  It's been 10 years since I had luggage to pick up at NAIA

2 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

Refresh my memory. You get off plane from USA, and it seems to me you go thru immigration control first, and then you go get your luggage and then go past customs and then your are free to roam the country.  Is that the correct process, I don't know cuz I never travel with luggage I only carry on to Philipppines.  It's been 10 years since I had luggage to pick up at NAIA

That's the process. On my trips customs has just been a disinterested person sitting at a desk passing time. I have never seen them interact with anyone)))

Edited by boris64

Finally done...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.