Successful Pinky

Renewal of Philippine Passport with USPS Regular Flat Rate Envelope (priority mail) with tracking number

14 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

This will be my first time to renew Philippine Passport while in US. 

One of the requirement is to bring "USPS Regular Flat Rate (priority mail) with tracking number.

Please help me with how this envelope should look like and how do I get my return address written on it and also the tracking number?

Thank you in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from Off Topic to the Philippines regional forum, for a wider audience.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Successful Pinky said:

Hello everyone,

One of the requirement is to bring "USPS Regular Flat Rate (priority mail) with tracking number.

Please help me with how this envelope should look like and how do I get my return address written on it and also the tracking number?

Thank you in advance.

You simply address the envelope to yourself,  go to the post office and pay the priority mail postage.  The tracking will be on the receipt from the post office. The empty envelope, with paid postage, is given to the consulate during your appointment. 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

12 hours ago, Successful Pinky said:

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance.

I thought you had to have a personal appearance.

Is the consulate or outreach places waiving that?  I figured they would all be closed the last few months.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Allovertheworld said:

I thought you had to have a personal appearance.

Is the consulate or outreach places waiving that?  I figured they would all be closed the last few months.

You do have to have a personal appearance either at the consulate or outreach to apply.   The USPS envelope is for distribution of the new passport once it is available .

YMMV

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

You do have to have a personal appearance either at the consulate or outreach to apply.   The USPS envelope is for distribution of the new passport once it is available .

Yes, I am aware of what the envelope is for.

My question is / was is the PI consulates open recently, and or the outreach taken place.  I wouldn't be surprised if consulate were closed during these COVID times

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

Yes, I am aware of what the envelope is for.

My question is / was is the PI consulates open recently, and or the outreach taken place.  I wouldn't be surprised if consulate were closed during these COVID times

They were.  I know Chicago is open again 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Washington DC is open as well by appointment only.  My wife's sister had her passport mailed to her using a Stamped Self Addressed Envelope.  

12 hours ago, payxibka said:

You simply address the envelope to yourself,  go to the post office and pay the priority mail postage.  The tracking will be on the receipt from the post office. The empty envelope, with paid postage, is given to the consulate during your appointment. 

Hello payxibka,

I ordered thru the USPS site the priority mail mentioned as one of the requirements to bring in the consulate. 

Here's what I received: A paper envelope, rectangle in shape and with clear plastic at the back. Is this the one referred to to bring in the consulate?

I also noticed another type of priority mail envelope in the USPS site, and it looks like square in shape, I think this is the one used when I got my resident card.

I hope you could help me clear out which is which. Thank you so much payxibka. 

110054229_278982220054256_2049895247947918347_n.jpg

109340353_288721089110142_9170992239499246176_n.jpg

Another USPS priority mail in USPS site.png

4 hours ago, Successful Pinky said:

Hello payxibka,

I ordered thru the USPS site the priority mail mentioned as one of the requirements to bring in the consulate. 

Here's what I received: A paper envelope, rectangle in shape and with clear plastic at the back. Is this the one referred to to bring in the consulate?

I also noticed another type of priority mail envelope in the USPS site, and it looks like square in shape, I think this is the one used when I got my resident card.

I hope you could help me clear out which is which. Thank you so much payxibka. 

110054229_278982220054256_2049895247947918347_n.jpg

109340353_288721089110142_9170992239499246176_n.jpg

Another USPS priority mail in USPS site.png

Just go with the big one and you won't have any problems

Hi! I see you already have your envelope. I renew my passport in Chicago last March 13 before it closed the following week due to Covid. I did not bring a self addressed envelope because I called the consulate about it for further info (I was heavily pregnant then so I try to minimize traveling lol) and the person I talked to said the envelope with tracking number is available for purchase in a travel agency just two floors down (if I remember it correctly). So I did that instead and paid $17 I think (forgive my mom brain lol)

I just received my new passport on July 2. Hope this helps for anyone renewing their passport at Chicago Consulate. 

Edited by Jujusmom

On 7/21/2020 at 3:00 AM, Jujusmom said:

Hi! I see you already have your envelope. I renew my passport in Chicago last March 13 before it closed the following week due to Covid. I did not bring a self addressed envelope because I called the consulate about it for further info (I was heavily pregnant then so I try to minimize traveling lol) and the person I talked to said the envelope with tracking number is available for purchase in a travel agency just two floors down (if I remember it correctly). So I did that instead and paid $17 I think (forgive my mom brain lol)

I just received my new passport on July 2. Hope this helps for anyone renewing their passport at Chicago Consulate. 

Thank you for sharing your experience. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.