Mandis

N-400 AUGUST 2020 FILERS

559 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oath ceremony scheduled for 7/29. 

Can fully vaccinated oath-takers (defined as >14 days after Pfizer, Moderna second dose) take oath if they returned from overseas flight within 10 days of oath?  It's confusing - seems that fully vaccinated are exempt from requirements but want to be sure.  Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Congratulations to all recently naturalized citizens!

Finally got my appointment letter today. I got my bio appointment letter (not the bio reuse lots of people got) a month ago. I went to my bio appointment last week. 

Today, I logged in to my USCIS account and see that they loaded my interview letter and I am scheduled for the end of august. Wish me luck!

When I was getting my biometrics taken, I overheard an agent tell some other applicant who was there that because of covid my field office could only process 10 applicants per hour instead of their regular 50~60/hr. I guess this explains why it seemed to have taken forever to even get my biometrics appointment.  If there's someone out there still waiting for their biometrics or appointment letter don't be discouraged.

• 1 month later...

tons of people went through this whole process fairly quickly while I waited and waited. I may well be the last AUG2020 filer still dealing with this 😆

Had my interview and it went really well. The IO was quite pleasant. Passed my civics and English tests first, then the interview. At the end of the interview, the IO gave me a white sheet saying "congratulations your case has been recommended for approval" (or something along those lines). She said it could take about 3 weeks to be scheduled for a ceremony and to be on the lookout for a letter in the mail.  By the time I got home, my oath ceremony had already been scheduled and uploaded to my account. I am scheduled for mid September. 

I know I am not 100% done yet but this was a major relief. Finally I will be able to complete my  journey in couple of weeks. 

The only drawback was that I couldn't change my name. The IO officer told me that my field office is not accepting name changes with N400 because their court was closed. So I had to change my name change answer to "NO" during my interview. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, happytree said:

tons of people went through this whole process fairly quickly while I waited and waited. I may well be the last AUG2020 filer still dealing with this 😆

Had my interview and it went really well. The IO was quite pleasant. Passed my civics and English tests first, then the interview. At the end of the interview, the IO gave me a white sheet saying "congratulations your case has been recommended for approval" (or something along those lines). She said it could take about 3 weeks to be scheduled for a ceremony and to be on the lookout for a letter in the mail.  By the time I got home, my oath ceremony had already been scheduled and uploaded to my account. I am scheduled for mid September. 

I know I am not 100% done yet but this was a major relief. Finally I will be able to complete my  journey in couple of weeks. 

The only drawback was that I couldn't change my name. The IO officer told me that my field office is not accepting name changes with N400 because their court was closed. So I had to change my name change answer to "NO" during my interview. 

Congrats!!! Had mine on the 1st

It was quite easy and quick. I had the opportunity to take the oath the next day but was unable to....the interviewer said it's ok if I couldn't make it. They will schedule another date. So I'm waiting on letter or will check online to see. Hope it comes soon because want to travel in December and would like  to get passport.

Timeline
On 9/3/2021 at 12:36 AM, Sasha_Hep said:

Is anyone here from Dallas office who has gotten interview already? 12 month still counting 😭

Hope you get it soon.. have you done Biometrics as yet? 

2 minutes ago, Sasha_Hep said:

I got biometrics reuse notice back in January this year, it's been 8 month since then and still no interview notice.

14 months and still counting. Got biometrics reuse back in January 13th.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sasha_Hep said:

I got biometrics reuse notice back in January this year, it's been 8 month since then and still no interview notice.

Ok...wow! That's long! I did Biometrics in July and got interview date 3 days after.  Have you checked one to see if there's any movement on ur application?  

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Sasha_Hep said:

My status never changed since last August. No movement except that bio reuse notice.

Ok! Hope you hear something soon.  you can look on here to see if you have any info on your field office as to why the delay

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/2/2021 at 7:51 PM, happytree said:

Nope. I’m technically july 31, 2020 - a few hrs before August. I’m still waiting *and* I loaded my 2020 tax transcript (wasn’t yet available when I originally filed) and my completion time on the website went from 2mos to 8mos. 🤦🏼‍♀️🙇🏼‍♀️

First Entered US with TN Status: 04/13/2012
Engaged: 08/24/2012
Married: 08/10/2013

Adjustment of Status from TN Status to Permanent Resident:
Day 00: AOS mailed by USPS priority Post: 05/19/2014
Day 02: AOS package arrived: 05/21/2014
Day 08: Text/email notice of acceptance: 05/27/2014
Day 11: NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 received, 05/30/2014
Day 14: Biometrics notice received with an appointment of June 17, 2914 at 3pm. 06/02/2014
Day 15: attempted walk-in successful after a very long wait 06/03/2014
Day 38: email notice that I-485 has moved to testing & interview! 06/26/2014
Day 77: EAD/AP - card production 08/06/2014
Day 84: EAD/AP card received 08/13/2014
Day 129: Infopass appointment for an update (very helpful!) 09/24/2014
Day 136: Email received with interview date 10/01/2014
Day 138: Interview notice received! 10/03/2014
Day 170: Green Card Approved on the Spot! 11/04/2014
Day 178: Green Card Received 11/12/2014

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

Day 00: ROC Package (Weighing 1.7kg -- 3lbs 13oz) mailed by USPS Priority Post: 09/13/2016

Day 03: ROC Package Received: 09/16/2016

Day 07: Check Cashed: 09/20/2016

Day Too many to count: Received Approval 02/05/2018

NATURALIZATION

Day 00: Submitted file online for N400 -- 07/31/2020

On 9/6/2021 at 11:05 AM, CdnRN said:

Nope. I’m technically july 31, 2020 - a few hrs before August. I’m still waiting *and* I loaded my 2020 tax transcript (wasn’t yet available when I originally filed) and my completion time on the website went from 2mos to 8mos. 🤦🏼‍♀️🙇🏼‍♀️

I was tempted to add 2020 taxes to my profile but feared it would create a delay so I didn't do it. From what I gathered from this forum and some youtube videos, you can make changes/add documentation during the interview. I took my 2020 IRS transcript but the IO didn't even ask for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

My visa journey has come to an end. I am now an American citizen!

without a doubt this has been the hardest thing I've ever done. It didn't hit me until I grabbed a voter registration form outside the room.

I wish the very best of luck to everyone still waiting. Stay strong and positive. 2 months ago I hadn't heard anything from USCIS since I filed back in aug2020. Today, I am a citizen. Nothing happened for almost a year, then everything went fast.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.