Mandis

N-400 AUGUST 2020 FILERS

559 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, FriscoTX said:

My Interview was at Dallas Field office on May 26th . Very easy and straightforward. Interview was at 9.20 AM and I was out of USCIS office by 10.20 AM. Officer went through 6 civics questions and the reviewed form N-400 details with me to verify if there were any changes.

He confirmed that I have passed the test and immediately next day I got oath ceremony updates on my online account. Oath ceremony is scheduled on June 14th.

My wife also had interview at Dallas office at same time/date with me. Again very easy and straight forward. Her interviewing officer also confirmed that she has passed the interview but her oath ceremony will be scheduled in about a month. Not sure why her oath ceremony is later than mine when our interview was at same time and we passed it on same date.

One reason that I think is that my wife has requested a name change at the time of interview.

Do you mind sharing your timeline?

On 5/3/2021 at 11:20 AM, Iamanimmigrant said:

Finally interview scheduled.

Filed: august 29th.
Biometric reuse notice: April 17th

Interview notice: May 3rd

Interview date: June 7th. 

my office is Lawerence, MA. I got my green card through work but filed for citizenship through marriage with US citizen. Any recommendations of how I should prep for the interview? Also anyone know if Lawerence office is doing oaths then same day or later? Are naturalization certificates issued on the spot at oath or later? 

Had my interview today. Super chill agent. Didn’t check any documents. Just civics test and the questions from the n400 form. Approved my application. Had a little chat. Then went to carmines room. Took my oath and was presented with my naturalization certificate. I have been in the US for 17 years, it’s been a long journey so it’s good to be finally able to truly say that this is home now. 

13 hours ago, Iamanimmigrant said:

Had my interview today. Super chill agent. Didn’t check any documents. Just civics test and the questions from the n400 form. Approved my application. Had a little chat. Then went to carmines room. Took my oath and was presented with my naturalization certificate. I have been in the US for 17 years, it’s been a long journey so it’s good to be finally able to truly say that this is home now. 

I hear you, congrats :)

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 6/8/2021 at 3:53 PM, FriscoTX said:

Filed N-400 for me and my wife on August 11th. Received Biometrics re use notices for both Apr 20th. and Interview notices for May 26th on Apr 20th

My filed details in Dallas, TX: 

Filed date: Aug 19th , 2020, Received biometrics reused: Jan 20th, 2021 but I didn't received Interview notice till now.  The current status: Approximately 5 months.

Timeline
3 hours ago, CCSReddy said:

Filed date: Aug 19th , 2020, Received biometrics reused: Jan 20th, 2021 but I didn't received Interview notice till now.  The current status: Approximately 5 months.

3 hours ago, CCSReddy said:

Please share any latest updates or news on August 2020 filed cases.

4 hours ago, CCSReddy said:

In the same exact boat. Same dates as well. 
field office Dallas. 
many people filed after and got Biometrics reuse on or before January 15th and they all had their interview already.

what’s your field office? And what else can we do to inquire on the status 

Edited by Sebnas

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, CCSReddy said:

Please share any latest updates or news on August 2020 filed cases.

My husband's interview has been scheduled for July 8th.

Timeline
On 6/10/2021 at 5:33 PM, Sebnas said:

In the same exact boat. Same dates as well. 
field office Dallas. 
many people filed after and got Biometrics reuse on or before January 15th and they all had their interview already.

what’s your field office? And what else can we do to inquire on the status 

Hope that , we will get in June/July. Some times it will delay due to security check,, please call USCIS.

Timeline
On 6/15/2021 at 7:47 PM, CCSReddy said:

Hope that , we will get in June/July. Some times it will delay due to security check,, please call USCIS.

Hi

Any latest updates on August -2020 filers?  Any one got interview?

3 minutes ago, CCSReddy said:

Hi

nothing here. 

My field office says 11-14months processing in the uscis webise.  However, with so many people in this forum getting their interviews much much below the times advertised it's smelling fishy. I try not to worry.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, happytree said:

nothing here. 

My field office says 11-14months processing in the uscis webise.  However, with so many people in this forum getting their interviews much much below the times advertised it's smelling fishy. I try not to worry.

I just received notice for Biometrics next month. My field office says 10 months on website 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
12 hours ago, CCSReddy said:

Hi

Not yet. Got my bio reuse sept 4, 2020 and nothing since then 

N-400:

08/22/2020: filed online/NOA1

09/04/2020: biometric reuse notice
07/07/2021: interview scheduled

08/11/2021: interview —> approved/oath scheduled 

08/26/2021: oath ceremony 🇺🇸

Passport:

09/08/2021: application mailed (routine service)

09/14/2021: application received (locator #74)

10/23/2021: passport book received

10/29/2021: naturalization certificate received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.