26 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Are you not protected by CSPA? If you were under 21 on the CSPA calculation when a visa became available (priority date was current or I130 approval, whichever was later) and you submitted a DS260 within one year of that date, then your age is locked as of the date of visa availability and you can no longer age out regardless when the actual visa eventually gets issued. So I don’t think you qualify for an exception. 

What confuses me when i calculate my cspa age online it shows i aged out, and my expedite interview request was approved back in March to me aging out , that what confuses me

3 hours ago, Obada.elamin said:

What confuses me when i calculate my cspa age online it shows i aged out, and my expedite interview request was approved back in March to me aging out , that what confuses me

The date of your interview is not relevant to CSPA, just the date a visa becomes available. What is your birth date, priority date, approval date? And when did you submit your DS260?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

The date of your interview is not relevant to CSPA, just the date a visa becomes available. What is your birth date, priority date, approval date? And when did you submit your DS260?

Birth date 25/09/1997

Priority date 26/04/2018

Approval date 06/12/2019

Ds-260 25/02/2020

Edited by Obada.elamin

Assuming approval date is 6 Dec (not 12 June, judging by the way you wrote rest of the dates), that is the date your visa became available as F2A had been current for some months by then. Your CSPA age on my calculation was 20 years 7 months at that date. Because you submitted a DS260 within one year of that date, your CSPA age is locked at 20 years 7 months. Note that this now remains the case even if F2A now retrogresses to priority dates rather than being current.

Timeline
2 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Assuming approval date is 6 Dec (not 12 June, judging by the way you wrote rest of the dates), that is the date your visa became available as F2A had been current for some months by then. Your CSPA age on my calculation was 20 years 7 months at that date. Because you submitted a DS260 within one year of that date, your CSPA age is locked at 20 years 7 months. Note that this now remains the case even if F2A now retrogresses to priority dates rather than being current.

Thank you again sir 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

...which is what we said. You will not age out.

Thank you sir , as per this email that my will rescheduled as the US embassy opens , is it possible while the Proclamation is in effect,  as per embassy that its not possible to issue IV as the proclamation is in effect,  it confusing 

Screenshot_20200721-161343_Gmail.jpg

Timeline
1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

You cannot get an F2A visa issued while the ban is in effect.

That's what confused me as per the consular affairs that i will be rescheduled and per US embassy its not possible 

20 minutes ago, Obada.elamin said:

That's what confused me as per the consular affairs that i will be rescheduled and per US embassy its not possible 

You will be rescheduled when visa appointments are available to you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.