Evelina

US Embassy of Finland

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Gatekeeper said:

Hello, unfortunately visas which are still subject to the travel ban in the US (like K-1) will still not be processed...

I thought this whole time that I could still get the visa once the embassies reopen and travel to the US ... where did you find that info ? 🤔

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Unfortunately not, as long as the travel ban is in place. I got the info from the app “Case tracker” (which tracks your visa request status and contains all news related to visas). Here’s the extract of the article and the link to it.

”While routine visa processes are resuming (dependent upon local pandemic conditions) in most locations for US embassies and consulates, there are exceptions to what will and will not be processed. This is with reference to the executive order and entry bans instituted by the US government against certain categories of immigrant and non-immigrant visas.”

link: 
https://www.path2usa.com/blog/us-consulates-to-reopen-process-some-visas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Gatekeeper said:

Unfortunately not, as long as the travel ban is in place. I got the info from the app “Case tracker” (which tracks your visa request status and contains all news related to visas). Here’s the extract of the article and the link to it.

”While routine visa processes are resuming (dependent upon local pandemic conditions) in most locations for US embassies and consulates, there are exceptions to what will and will not be processed. This is with reference to the executive order and entry bans instituted by the US government against certain categories of immigrant and non-immigrant visas.”

link: 

But nothing says that k1 visas won't processed for example for the rest of the year though ... I guess I'll get my few months vacation in Mexico then and get married there 🙃

Timeline

We all hope that the travel ban will be lifted in the coming months indeed!

getting married outside of the US will void your K-1 visa though and you’d then Have to apply to a different type of visa (for married people), which is a MUCH longer process than the K-1.

Patience, hope and optimism is the key for all of us right now😊

Good luck with your K-1 process!

13 hours ago, Gatekeeper said:

link: 

Unfortunately, you and your source haven't attained the complete picture of what truly is the case. There are embassies beginning to open and processing at least CR1's. There are some who have gotten their "emergency" K-1 visa and have been successful in traveling and entering the US. There are numerous threads speaking about this topic where others are serving up either their experience or others.  I know of one case that someone who had a K-1 approved pre-pandemic but never issued the visa. She received a phone call from the embassy and was asked is she wanted to come by the embassy and pick up the completed visa. So, there are cases that are progressing but not in the numbers that anyone of us would like. Just saying.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Well, my understanding from the article was indeed that Cr-1 visa were processed. But the question here was about K-1 visa. We knew already that emergency visas (including K-1) were being processed since several weeks (on a case by case basis). So that’s not news.

However, I’m very curious about the one case you mention of a “simple” (ie not emergency) visa completed recently. Was this visa not falling under special cases (e.g. spouse being in the US military for instance?). Did the person actually managed to enter the US with it? Was it issued by an embassy from a country subject to the travel ban in the US? I think we’d be a lot of people interested to know more about this case and grateful if you could share the details about it : )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.