Blueamber

Anyone any N400 progress from Philadelphia area?

329 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Laura-A said:

Had a combo interview today at 8AM, 9AM i was out and approved for both, didn't even have to show any documents.  

Status changed immediately.

Almost done with all of this!

Screenshot_20211115-094018_Chrome.jpg

Congratulations! May I please ask when did you file? Thanks

On 8/4/2021 at 2:21 AM, Theroots said:

Applied Feb 9th 2021. Bio reuse March 1st 2021. Crickets since…

I’m happy to report I completed my USCIS journey today in Philly. Good luck to all waiting and wishing everyone speedy citizenship. Visajourney has been an invaluable source of information and a dependable stress reliever in this immigration process. Thank you all!!!!!!!

Timeline (Philadelphia)

Application received online Feb 9th

Biometric reuse March 1st

interview scheduled notification Sept 30th

interview date Nov 2nd (Approved on spot)

oath date Nov 16th

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, idyllic420 said:

My case was updated yesterday and my interview is now scheduled for jan 10 

Could you please let me know when did you apply for citizenship and the field office where the interview is scheduled?

3 minutes ago, avmvisajourney said:

Could you please let me know when did you apply for citizenship and the field office where the interview is scheduled?

may 27,2021. philly

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. My USCIS journey is finally over. I had my naturalization ceremony in Philadelphia today. Let me share my experience.
The oath ceremony lasted about 15 minutes with about 30 other people in the room. It was a combined ceremony which we all took at the same time.
I went to apply for my passport immediately after the oath ceremony. I had made an appointment online for the passport application about 10 days before my oath ceremony.
I had my interview in Philadelphia about 2 weeks ago. The interview was done online via video link with a USCIS officer from Ohio field office which explains why my appointment letter came from the Ohio field office. The officer was very nice, the interview lasted about 15 minutes, she just asked me to confirm my name, address, wife's name and how many children I have. And of course the civic test questions and that was it. She said I passed and she will be recommending me for an approval. 45 minutes later I received an email and text confirmation that I had been scheduled for an oath ceremony.
The whole N400 process took about 8 months and 2 weeks.
Best of luck to everyone that are still waiting and a big Thank you to the entire Visa Journey community

I had my n-400 interview at the Philadelphia office today. I was approved and now waiting for the Oath ceremony scheduling. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any specific questions. The interview was virtual. The interviewing officer was sitting in some other state. I parked on the street right outside the building and paid $1.77 for 1 hour. There is plenty of street parking around the building. I suggest that you get meterup app on your phone before going to the interview and use street parking instead of paying over $20 for parking garages.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello, how long did the whole process took for everybody? For what I have read it takes an average of 7 - 8 months... I've applied on October '21 so I still have a long waiting time ahead.

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

• 3 weeks later...

Here are my passport and social security record update timelines.

01/05/2022: Oath ceremony

01/05/2022: Applied at USPS in Philadelphia (didn't expedite)

01/07/2022: Received and In Process

01/28/2022: Approved

01/29/2022: Received passport book in a USPS Priority mail envelope

01/31/2022: Received passport card in first class mail

02/10/2022: Received naturalization certificate in a yellow looking envelope

02/17/2022: Updated my Social Security record From Green Card Holder to US Citizen using just my passport card and a filled out SS-5 form. I was lucky enough to get an appointment at my local office by calling the national number (800 772 1213) instead of my local office who never answers the phone. I believe you can also use the dropbox at your local office to do this but I didn't want to take that chance with my original documents. If you have to use your local office dropbox, I suggest you just use your passport card as citizenship evidence and they should mail it back to you. That way, you're only taking a risk with your passport card just in case it goes missing.

The journey is truly finally over. Best of luck to everyone

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

I got my interview scheduled for March 31!!

Interview Was Scheduled February 23, 2022
We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time. October 28, 2021
We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice. October 18, 2021
Edited by Patty♥Paul

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.