Blueamber

Anyone any N400 progress from Philadelphia area?

329 posts in this topic

Good morning,

To those who took their Oath in this office, were they strict with not having anyone with you inside?  My husband is hoping to be a part of it, and we got 2 small kids, too.  If not, they would need to stay in the car again.  During my interview, the letter said no one is allowed but me, but I saw several people with either their spouses or whole family with them in the waiting room (I observed only one person is the interviewee from those groups).

Thanks in advance for the responses.

"God has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
48 minutes ago, mcssae7883 said:

Good morning,

To those who took their Oath in this office, were they strict with not having anyone with you inside?  My husband is hoping to be a part of it, and we got 2 small kids, too.  If not, they would need to stay in the car again.  During my interview, the letter said no one is allowed but me, but I saw several people with either their spouses or whole family with them in the waiting room (I observed only one person is the interviewee from those groups).

No one else was in the hall with us...the only extra people I saw in the waiting area were persons who had interpreters for their interviews. Hubby and 2 kids stayed in the car and they came out after I was done so we can take pics outside the building. The whole thing lasted 5-7 mins( the majority of that was for all of us verifying the information the certificate is correct and handing over green cards) less than 20 of us at my time. We then recited the oath and left. 

12 hours ago, mcssae7883 said:

Good morning,

No one else is allowed. 

Finally Passed my interview yesterday  :) 

Interview was virtually and the officer was in Cleveland Ohio   .

This is my timeline again :

5 years based 

Interview date 4/8/2021 Philly . Approved 
February 17, 2021 Interview notice
October 26, 2020 Bio
October 5, 2020 rescheduled biometrics appointment notice
April 3,2020 scheduled biometrics (canceled due to Covid) 
March 9, 2020 We received your Form N-400, 

good Luck y'all 

On 4/8/2021 at 10:24 AM, HopeFab said:

No one else was in the hall with us...the only extra people I saw in the waiting area were persons who had interpreters for their interviews. Hubby and 2 kids stayed in the car and they came out after I was done so we can take pics outside the building. The whole thing lasted 5-7 mins( the majority of that was for all of us verifying the information the certificate is correct and handing over green cards) less than 20 of us at my time. We then recited the oath and left. 

On 4/8/2021 at 10:06 PM, PhillyNatz said:

No one else is allowed. 

Thank you for your responses. :)  No worries, my family can stay in the car.

"God has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

My wife had her interview April 9th. She had  outstanding I-751 and N400 cases with no notice of it being a joint interview however, I went with with anyways (because several people have reported they spring that on them). She passed the citizenship test and the officer adjudicated the i751 as well but did not ask for me to come in. When my wife exited she was happy, as she had passed the interview, but the officer needed more time to adjudicate the i751, much to my disappointment as we applied for it in March 2019. The following week, on a Thursday evening, the status changed from Interview Scheduled to Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled. The following day the status changed to Oath Ceremony scheduled with the letter uploaded to the new website. She will be sworn in early May. Hope this helps! Good luck everyone!

2-24-16 Petition Sent

2-29-16 Petition Received, Lewisville, TX

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

7-19-16 NVC Case Number Received

7-20-16 NVC Status changed to in route

7-21-16 NVC Status changed to Ready

8-07-16 Packet 3 Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

8-12-16 Packet 4 Received

8-15-16 Medical Interview

9-06-16 Interview

9-06-16 Additional Documents request

9-29-16 CEAC Status Issued - Approved!

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wife had her interview on 5/26. She passed the English and civics test, thankfully. However, she was issued an RFE as they needed updated marriage evidence. I helped her upload 60+ pages of evidence to the USCIS portal the same day. Here's hoping they process it soon...

K1 visa journey: 107 days from NOA1 to visa in hand

Spoiler

01 Oct 2016    Mailed I-129F packet (27 pages)
12 Oct 2016    NOA1 SMS and e-mail
03 Nov 2016    NOA2 SMS

24 Jan 2017    Interview
27 Jan 2017    Visa in hand
09 Feb 2017    POE Philadelphia, PA

AOS journey: 256 days from NOA1 to GC in hand

Spoiler

06 Apr 2017    Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765 packet (83 pages)

12 Apr 2017    I-485/I-131/I-765 packet delivered

26 May 2017    Biometrics appointment

25 Aug 2017    EAD/AP card approved

07 Dec 2017    AOS interview

18 Dec 2017    Conditional (2 year) GC in hand!

ROC journey: 374 days

Spoiler

09 Sep 2019    Mailed ROC packet via USPS Priority Mail (ETA 11 Sep)

20 Sep 2019    NOA1/18-month extension letter received

23 Jan 2020    Biometrics appointment

17 Sep 2020    Case approved without interview

Citizenship journey

09 Sep 2020      Submitted N-400 online

10 Dec 2020      Received biometrics reuse notice

20 Apr 2021      Received interview notice

25 May 2021      Interview - RFE for marital evidence

26 May 2021      RFE response submitted online

Cumulative number of pages sent to USCIS: 632

• 3 weeks later...

Hello y’all…Any updates from Philly N400 processing? Filed Feb 9th 2021, Biometric reuse March 1st 2021 and nothing since. I opened an SR last week and got the response: Your application has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for interviews at the local field office. Philly seems really slow. My estimated time completion time is 13 months Any updates will be appreciated.

2 hours ago, Theroots said:

Hello y’all…Any updates from Philly N400 processing? Filed Feb 9th 2021, Biometric reuse March 1st 2021 and nothing since. I opened an SR last week and got the response: Your application has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for interviews at the local field office. Philly seems really slow. My estimated time completion time is 13 months Any updates will be appreciated.

Philly is the one of the slowest in the country , 13 months in philly is normal.

29 minutes ago, PhillyNatz said:

Philly is the one of the slowest in the country , 13 months in philly is normal.

Oh ok, thanks for the update. I guess the wait is on…hopefully some magic happens by the end of the year. I will like (or be privileged) to travel to my home country in December holding my 🇺🇸 passport (wishful thinking) LOL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Theroots said:

Oh ok, thanks for the update. I guess the wait is on…hopefully some magic happens by the end of the year. I will like (or be privileged) to travel to my home country in December holding my 🇺🇸 passport (wishful thinking) LOL

My case timeline was set as 13 months just two days before my interview so I can’t believe these personalized time lines. However in general, Houston is showing 15.5 to 19 months from start to finish. By the time I take the oath at the end of this month, it will have been 15 months from my submission. Philly looks as “quick” as Houston. Good luck. 

E59717B2-1D9D-49DC-8A35-F6AED8A97C3A.jpeg

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

1 hour ago, Theroots said:

Well you never know, it's possible, they've taken fingerprints already which is quite positive. This admin is making small changes to reduce processing times but I suppose it will take time to see any effect.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.