Blueamber

Anyone any N400 progress from Philadelphia area?

329 posts in this topic

Yes, the letter with the date for the oath ceremony was posted within a day or two, like any other documents prior in the process. The physical letter arrived within a few days.

The oath ceremony was done in under 5 minutes. Covid is really making a mess of things. No speeches, no videos, no guests. Just about 20 naturalized citizens taking the oath, grabbing the certificate and then heading out.

On 3/5/2021 at 7:06 PM, walliser said:

Yes, the letter with the date for the oath ceremony was posted within a day or two, like any other documents prior in the process. The physical letter arrived within a few days.

The oath ceremony was done in under 5 minutes. Covid is really making a mess of things. No speeches, no videos, no guests. Just about 20 naturalized citizens taking the oath, grabbing the certificate and then heading out.

Thanks for the information!

On 3/5/2021 at 7:28 PM, fani peer said:

Got my oath letter today . Does anyone know how to get a faster passport? Any make up reason? 

Standard time for a passport is quoted as 6-10 weeks. You can pay a fee for expedited service and get it in about half the time. You pay for the fast track service and don't need to give a reason. Lastly, there are true emergencies for which there is no way of making up any justificativo.

When looking to apply for a passport, I found that some post offices are seemingly completely booked up while others are wide open starting the next day.

I wonder, what exactly they do that it takes 6-10 weeks to issue a simple passport? Like it's not a rocket science and they need to punch the letter and number in the punch card. Just some info which already have and gathered many times and can be printed on a book or card. Also why on they need the original NC to issue the passport and all the other shenanigans for not mailing it on time and sometimes losing? They have all the info in their system and again passport officer checks its validity directly once more. otherwise the applicants could get the passport without physical presence and no need to meet an officer. Even if they are this much concerned about the real identity, it's just a simple finger print check.

Interestingly, its validity is 10 years and every one refers to them every 10 years which is less than the loading for countries which their passport validity is 5 years and even then takes only 2-3 days to issue.

8 minutes ago, O_JIA said:

Dear all,

My scheduled interview is at April 13. However I'll need to travel internationally at the end of March so I'll have to ask the VO to reschedule. Would anyone please share your experience regarding how long it'll postpone for the interview date? 

Thanks

OJ

if i were you i woudnt take a risk of postpone anything with immigration at this point. unless its " emergency" or yr not in hurry of getting yr citizenship. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
41 minutes ago, fani peer said:

41 minutes ago, fani peer said:

if i were you i woudnt take a risk of postpone anything with immigration at this point. unless its " emergency" or yr not in hurry of getting yr citizenship. 

I agree. Is there anyway you can reschedule your trip? 

Edited by HopeFab

11 minutes ago, HopeFab said:

I agree. Is there anyway you can reschedule your trip? 

53 minutes ago, fani peer said:

Thanks guys for the reminder, really appreciate it! However, it's hard for me to reschedule the trip as it's a planned work schedule by my company months ago. They could not send other colleague overseas because of the visa restriction due to COVID. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and take the risk to reschedule this interview. Not sure how long the reschedule time frame would be.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Armenia
Timeline
On 3/16/2021 at 7:28 PM, lala_land said:

can anyone let me know whether the hard copy of the oath letter you received is two double-side printed papers (namely altogether 4 pages)? thanks!

@lala_land - Confirming that the hard copy of the Oath Ceremony Letter (N-445) consists of two double-side printed sheets/papers (4 Pages). 

Edited by DallasDreamy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.