Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Wadadli95 said:

Guyana needs to take a page out of Jamaica’s book :( They’re not even trying to schedule interviews right now.

Happy seeing you guys getting interview dates !!! 

Awww, 😔.. I pray they begin to process you guys. I know how it is waiting. Stay positive! 🙏🏾🙏🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning, if you were not able to register your interview yesterday you should now be able to do so as well as register for courier pickup. Both actions are done through the same portal here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv/.

Have a great day and even better weekend!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Stacey Ann said:

Good morning, if you were not able to register your interview yesterday you should now be able to do so as well as register for courier pickup. Both actions are done through the same portal here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv/.

Have a great day and even better weekend!

Thanks Stacey Ann, I was able to do it this morning. Have they changed from DHL for their couriers? The kingston location I noticed said Ardenne Road. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Jodie876 said:

Thanks Stacey Ann, I was able to do it this morning. Have they changed from DHL for their couriers? The kingston location I noticed said Ardenne Road. 

Great! Yes, the courier is CSRA Document Service Centre for Kingston.  I read that it changed about 2 yrs now. I believe they still use DHL for home or office delivery and for pickup in Mobay.

Edited by Stacey Ann

Timeline

Hi everyone, 

This is my first time writing on here so please bear with me but I wanted to know if due to COVID-19 would the spouse be able to attend the interview? Is anyone planning to travel to attend the interview  with their spouse? I had initially planned that once he gets approve I would go to Jamaica for 2 weeks and fly back with him , but he wants me to come to the interview if possible which is fine , but I am seeing that Jamaica wants you to Quarantine for 14 days once I am there which I wouldn't be able to do. I was debating on going down 7 days before the interview and Quarantine those days but I have been watching youtube videos and most people have said they had to quarantine for the 14 days and one person said they told her 3 days until her result and then she was good. Also they were required to download the JAMCOVID19 App. I am in Texas and a healthcare worker so I was going to stop working 2 days before the travel and along with doing a PCR Test, I would also do the Rapid COVID test (takes 15 minutes) the day before travelling so I am not sure what to do , if I do travel do I tell them I am there for business or just visiting. 

Edited by ShanShan391

Timeline
23 minutes ago, ShanShan391 said:

Hi everyone, 

This is my first time writing on here so please bear with me but I wanted to know if due to COVID-19 would the spouse be able to attend the interview? Is anyone planning to travel to attend the interview  with their spouse? I had initially planned that once he gets approve I would go to Jamaica for 2 weeks and fly back with him , but he wants me to come to the interview if possible which is fine , but I am seeing that Jamaica wants you to Quarantine for 14 days once I am there which I wouldn't be able to do. I was debating on going down 7 days before the interview and Quarantine those days but I have been watching youtube videos and most people have said they had to quarantine for the 14 days and one person said they told her 3 days until her result and then she was good. Also they were required to download the JAMCOVID19 App. I am in Texas and a healthcare worker so I was going to stop working 2 days before the travel and along with doing a PCR Test, I would also do the Rapid COVID test (takes 15 minutes) the day before travelling so I am not sure what to do , if I do travel do I tell them I am there for business or just visiting. 

Yes, spouses are able to attend the interview. However, quarantine is a must. MOH requires a 14 day quarantine for visitors and someone attending with their spouse was told by the embassy they need to quarantine for at least 7 days before attending the interview. For more info contact the embassy at kingstoniv@state.gov using your case# in the subject line. Also, go to visitjamaica.com to review current travel requirements. Good luck.

Edited by Stacey Ann

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Any suggestions on affordable hotels near the embassy?  I want to put my stepdaughter and her mum up for the night before the medial and interview. Thanks!

Timeline
29 minutes ago, neilsqueen said:

Any suggestions on affordable hotels near the embassy?  I want to put my stepdaughter and her mum up for the night before the medial and interview. Thanks!

Airbnb?

34 minutes ago, neilsqueen said:

There are some safe and gated airbnbs near the embassy. They would be the better option. If you do this though, ensure you have a vehicle or someone to transport you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Stacey Ann said:

Airbnb?

2 hours ago, J-Ann said:

There are some safe and gated airbnbs near the embassy. They would be the better option. If you do this though, ensure you have a vehicle or someone to transport you

They don't have a car so I was thinking a hotel might have a shuttle for them.  If not, they can just get a cab.  They live in Rose Heights so they are definitely not afraid to do that.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Stacey Ann said:

Yes, spouses are able to attend the interview. However, quarantine is a must. MOH requires a 14 day quarantine for visitors and someone attending with their spouse was told by the embassy they need to quarantine for at least 7 days before attending the interview. For more info contact the embassy at kingstoniv@state.gov using your case# in the subject line. Also, go to visitjamaica.com to review current travel requirements. Good luck.

Thank you for the information. I will go ahead and follow up with those. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.