Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Firebread said:

Jamaicans are just not the most trusting of the online community or people in general. We have seen a thing or two occur, so we know better. So people will prefer not to go into too much detail. 👀

Ummmm I'm sure your legal name is not Firebread, we don't even know if you're male or female. My legal name is not Stacey Ann either. Not saying you persay because you did have a timeline filled out and I understand you not being able to add a second. Just saying the timeline does not list any personal identifying information, no specific case info i.e. case #, no demographics, or anything that people can use to get information on someone's case nor cause any issues so I don't see the reason for so much secrecy. We came on here seeking help, encouragement and/or to try to figure out when we may get further along in the process. It's not fair that one can dive into another's case from their timeline and on this post yet we cannot do the same with theirs. We're all in this together.

Edited by Stacey Ann

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

Ummmm I'm sure your legal name is not Firebread, we don't even know if you're male or female. My legal name is not Stacey Ann either. Not saying you persay because you did have a timeline filled out and I understand you not being able to add a second. Just saying the timeline does not list any personal identifying information, no specific case info i.e. case #, no demographics, or anything that people can use to get information on someone's case nor cause any issues so I don't see the reason for so much secrecy. We came on here seeking help, encouragement and/or to try to figure out when we may get further along in the process. It's not fair that one can dive into another's case from their timeline and on this post yet we cannot do the same with theirs. We're all in this together.

Understandable on all points. I do appreciate that people in this forum has been speaking about their experiences though.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Keis and Glenn said:

Can any tell me how long it usually take for them to DQ. I submitted my civil documents at the end of July 

It varies from case to case though I read somewhere it could be up to 8 weeks. With that being said, once I submitted all my paperwork I called NVC on something unrelated and the agent looked over my case and said looks like you uploaded everything and it's been accepted so I don't know why they haven't yet DQ'd you. She then said she would email someone to do so. They next day I received the DQ email. Therefore, it may be worth a call to NVC to tell them you've completed all the documentation on your end and was curious about the next steps.

Edited by Stacey Ann

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, SimplyGorgeous89 said:

Good Morning! I doubt that anyone on this specific post/timeline has heard any news or has been looking for any updates for UAE.  As much as we love to see others post from countries around the world and love to encourage you all through this process this post is mainly for those who are Filing in Jamaica. To get a better sense of what’s going on at your embassy see if you can follow your embassy on FB, join specific nvc process groups on FB or search your specific country in the VJ search box to see if you may be able to find someone who is completing the same process for your country! Praying that everything works out in your favor!! 🙏🏽

I had no idea this thread was specific for Jamaicans 😅😅 it's not in the Jamaican sub forum and the title doesnt say its for your embassy only.

No wonder many of us from other embassies have been posting here. 

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Timeline
6 hours ago, Stacey Ann said:

Please go here to search or make your inquiry for your specific country https://www.visajourney.com/portals/. This is a Jamaican forum. We do not have info on other embassies. All the best to you.

Ive been posting here cause the thread is not in the Jamaican sub forum and the thread title doesnt suggest it 🤔🤔🤔 time to open a new thread for all /other embassies 😅😅😅

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

I had no idea this thread was specific for Jamaicans 😅😅 it's not in the Jamaican sub forum and the title doesnt say its for your embassy only.

No wonder many of us from other embassies have been posting here. 

I definitely created this post under Jamaica, mentioned the "US Embassy Jamaica" in the original post itself and added the tag #jamaica 🤷🏾‍♀️

Edited by Stacey Ann

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

I definitely created this post under Jamaica, mentioned the "Jamaican Embassy" in the original post itself and added the tag #jamaica 🤷🏾‍♀️

That makes sense now 😁😁I thought you meant this thread was created in the Regional subforum. Honestly I dont look at the tags and the title made it seem like it was for all embassies 👀 sorry for hijacking.

Timeline

This doesn't mean non-jamaicans aren't welcome to join in, however, our timelines and embassy info will defer from that of others. In general, we are not privy to the process for other embassies.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

That makes sense now 😁😁I thought you meant this thread was created in the Regional subforum. Honestly I dont look at the tags and the title made it seem like it was for all embassies 👀 sorry for hijacking.

I thought about updating the title to be more clear, but I do not see an option to do so.

Edited by Stacey Ann

7 hours ago, Keis and Glenn said:

Can any tell me how long it usually take for them to DQ. I submitted my civil documents at the end of July 

It took me 20 days to get DQ.  I uploaded tax transcripts from 2017, 2018 and 2019. I did the I-864EZ, along with the oringal Marriage and Birth Certificates.  The only thing I did not have was the police record. My husband's was expired and the offices at that time were closed.  So I uploaded the old one and left a note saying we will get an updated one as soon as they begin to process them again. I thought they might hold my case at the NVC until I got one, but they still DQed me in 20 days. 🤷🏾‍♀️

It's hard to tell how long exactly it will take. You can always call them to inquire about your case.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bobnrob said:

Yip confusing says nothing about Jamaica in the title... Anyway good reading😅

@Juliet57 and @Bobnrob Again, as shown below. This query was created under the Jamaican Immigration portal and references US Embassy Jamaica in the text. It is also tagged to Jamaica and the content discussed here is regarding Jamaica, including Jamaican dialect, patois. The majority of the people here found the information they sought after and are very much NOT confused as to what they are reading and responding. I cannot help that a few ppl wandered off into the wrong area and did not comprehend what was written here in the 45 pages of content. No worries though, you are free to go to your specific country and create your own post with a clear headline that you and your country mates can understand 🙃.

Screenshot_20200811-180507_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200811-180526_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Stacey Ann

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.