Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Larry123 said:

Good Afternoon, 

Bare with me and the long update.  My husband got approved, as his interview was this morning.  They said 7-10 business days until his VISA will be ready for pick up, but I checked online and it says it has already printed and will be available soon for pick up.  

The appointment was scheduled for 7:30, and he arrived a few minutes before 7.  They were cleaning inside and he did have to wait outside in the line until his time.  There was a line and quite a few people waiting.  He said they split everyone into two groups, and it appeared that everyone in his group was spousal visas.  He said it was about 5 people in his group for this timeframe.  The interview was at a window as if you were ordering food.  So he could overhear other interviews, and he remembers one person did not have to swear under oath, but he did.  We are not sure why some have to and some do not.  

First, he was asked some questions by a man, and then next a lot of questions by a woman.  The questions he could remember are:
How long have we been married?
If we have any children, if the baby is his
Has he traveled to the states before?
Asked about his travel in other countries they could see he had been to
How long he stayed in the sates. 
She went through the photo album and asked about who people were in the pictures with us. 
How old the baby is
Where did we meet
When did I migrate to the US -- He explained I was born in the US and studied abroad in Jamaica
How many times did we visit each other
When was the last time he saw me (if it was March) and he explained I had come for the September interview and it was canceled. 
Who is filing for him
What is her name (mine)
If he had any issues with the law or run-ins with the police
How old he was when we met for the first time
She looked through our photo album twice and did ask him questions throughout it to see what he knew about the photos, even though he was in the pics so he was obviously there in the moments.  lol.  

They took his passport and canceled his visitor VISA, said: "Everything checks out and we are able to issue you a VISA".  Told him he should get an email when his visa is ready for pick up, gave him a form about domestic violence to read, had him swear under oath with his right hand raised, and took his fingerprints. 

He said he almost cried when getting the approval, one step closer to being together as a family. 

Our DQ date way May 30th, our initial interview date was September 8th, and we were re-scheduled and approved today November 3rd.  

If this helps any of you then I am grateful and will continue to be praying for you all!  

Thanks so much for sharing..am crying..so happy its over..Congratulations..

Edited by Lisa Hunt

Timeline
5 hours ago, Cris_K said:

Good Morning everyone

Any interview dates for May and June month DQ's? I know few May months DQ's having interview this week. My DQ is June 18 and interview scheduled and cancelled for Sept 18.

No new reschedules yet to our knowledge

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Larry123 said:

Good Afternoon, 

Bare with me and the long update.  My husband got approved, as his interview was this morning.  They said 7-10 business days until his VISA will be ready for pick up, but I checked online and it says it has already printed and will be available soon for pick up.  

The appointment was scheduled for 7:30, and he arrived a few minutes before 7.  They were cleaning inside and he did have to wait outside in the line until his time.  There was a line and quite a few people waiting.  He said they split everyone into two groups, and it appeared that everyone in his group was spousal visas.  He said it was about 5 people in his group for this timeframe.  The interview was at a window as if you were ordering food.  So he could overhear other interviews, and he remembers one person did not have to swear under oath, but he did.  We are not sure why some have to and some do not.  

First, he was asked some questions by a man, and then next a lot of questions by a woman.  The questions he could remember are:
She went through the photo album and asked about who people were in the pictures with us. 
How old the baby is
Where did we meet
When did I migrate to the US -- He explained I was born in the US and studied abroad in Jamaica
When was the last time he saw me (if it was March) and he explained I had come for the September interview and it was canceled. 
Who is filing for him
What is her name (mine)
She looked through our photo album twice and did ask him questions throughout it to see what he knew about the photos, even though he was in the pics so he was obviously there in the moments.  lol.  

They took his passport and canceled his visitor VISA, said: "Everything checks out and we are able to issue you a VISA".  Told him he should get an email when his visa is ready for pick up, gave him a form about domestic violence to read, had him swear under oath with his right hand raised, and took his fingerprints. 

He said he almost cried when getting the approval, one step closer to being together as a family. 

Our DQ date way May 30th, our initial interview date was September 8th, and we were re-scheduled and approved today November 3rd.  

If this helps any of you then I am grateful and will continue to be praying for you all!  

Yayyyyy, Congratulations @Larry123 I am happy for you and hubby hun 🎉🎉🎉❤. We appreciate the update and details also. Thank you 🤗

Edited by Stacey Ann

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Larry123 said:

Good Afternoon, 

How old the baby is
Where did we meet
Who is filing for him
What is her name (mine)

Congratulations it is very much helpful I have my reschedule next week. Did they ask for any documents if yes what were the documents asked for. I’m so happy I actually jumped when I see the approve I was praying for you and your husband congrats 🎈🍾🎉🎊 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, neilsqueen said:

Hallelujah my baby girl got her interview rescheduled for November 18th!!!!!  Her cancelled date was September 15th.  Sending good vibes out to everyone still waiting.

Woot woot 🙌🏾🎉

Timeline
41 minutes ago, neilsqueen said:

Hallelujah my baby girl got her interview rescheduled for November 18th!!!!!  Her cancelled date was September 15th.  Sending good vibes out to everyone still waiting.

Yayy..congrats

1 hour ago, Lattyonia said:

Congratulations it is very much helpful I have my reschedule next week. Did they ask for any documents if yes what were the documents asked for. I’m so happy I actually jumped when I see the approve I was praying for you and your husband congrats 🎈🍾🎉🎊 

Ohh yes!  They did ask for his passport, birth certificate, police certificate, and my IRS 2019 taxes and W2’s.  I believe that was all the documents they asked to see although he took everything!  

Timeline
1 hour ago, neilsqueen said:

Congrats 🎊🎉🎈🍾 love to hear good news

Edited by Lattyonia
Misspelled

Timeline
4 hours ago, Larry123 said:

Good Afternoon, 

How old the baby is
Where did we meet
Who is filing for him
What is her name (mine)

Congratulations I am so happy for you guys finally the process is coming to close!!.🥳🥳🥳🥳

Timeline
2 hours ago, neilsqueen said:

-Yayyy!!! Hopefully more reschedules to come !!!!! 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Cris_K said:

Good Morning All,

I just got call from Kingston embassy "No caller ID". My appointment got reschedule to 24th Nov. My DQ was June 18 and previous cancelled date was Sept 18.  Soon you guys also receive the phone call.

🥳🥳🥳 great news! Thx for the update.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.