Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, AMO O said:

Hey guys,

I had my 2nd interview yesterday. It was conducted by the same lady who I spoke to previously who scheduled the interview.

By the time they called me she had already spoken to my husband for an hour and a half.

She began to ask ne questions about myself to verify if he answered his questions correctly. There are probably too many to list so I won't mention the obvious ones like the  where do I work, and who I live with questions, but those were also asked again.

What's my favorite color?
What's my favorite food to eat in Jamaica?
The names of all my pets.
The names of Family Memebers.
And those type of things. She then asked me the same questions about him plus some extras.

What does his ring look like? What is engraved inside? Which was a trick question because nothing is engraved inside and he told her that.
Have I stayed at his house? How many rooms are in his house? What furniture is in his room? What color are the walls?

I guess she tried to ask questions that we couldn't rehearse.  She was very nice and pleasant, we laughed alot it was a very relaxed interview. She said my husband was very nice, pleasant, respectful and knowledgeable.  She said he did a good job on the interview and I should be proud of him. My husband was listening to the whole conversation which I didn't know at the time.

Unfortunately, she told me that she doesn't make the decision. She reports her findings back to the visa section.  She just simply conducts the investigation. I wish she did because if it was up to her we would've definitely got approved.  So I still have to wait for a decision.  She told him that becuase me and my husband has traveled to other countries together we should've automatically been approved.  She said that is more then enough right there to get an appoved visa. I WISH SHE DID THE 1ST INTERVIEW!!!

Well now I just continue to wait.  Good luck to everyone else with upcoming interviews, I wish you all the best.  And hopefully this week they continue to schedule more. 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

She spoke to your husband for 90 minutes..jeez..what color are the walls...where did that come from..lol..thanks for the update..you guys will get approved.. can't wait to share our experience..

Edited by Lisa Hunt

22 minutes ago, Lisa Hunt said:

She spoke to your husband for 90 minutes..jeez..what color are the walls...where did that come from..lol..thanks for the update..you guys will get approved.. can't wait to share our experience..

Lol, yea she really asked a lot of details about our trips and our lives, so they werd talking for a while. I knowwwwww I thought that was funny. I thought she was making sure I really been there. But he did just paint them a few weeks ago, that must have came up in conversation. 

I'm really praying that your guys get your interview soon.  The wait has been long enough it's definitely time. 🙏🏾🙏🏾

Timeline
1 minute ago, AMO O said:

Lol, yea she really asked a lot of details about our trips and our lives, so they werd talking for a while. I knowwwwww I thought that was funny. I thought she was making sure I really been there. But he did just paint them a few weeks ago, that must have came up in conversation. 

I'm really praying that your guys get your interview soon.  The wait has been long enough it's definitely time. 🙏🏾🙏🏾

Yes its overdue for us all..you sound so relieved now..the worse is over..you guys did great😊

On 10/23/2020 at 8:16 AM, Larry123 said:

Good morning!  What are other people doing that were rescheduled?  I went to this website to update our interview date,  but it still has the previous date listed. 

i am worried if I select the missed appointment (screenshot attached) it will mess up our new date,  and am not sure if we have to update this info or not anyways.  

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv/users/sign_in

3773B66E-4EEC-4275-9BCC-F3BAB603BB0E.png

Not sure if someone responded already but same thing  happened to my husband. Because your passport number is linked no need to worry they will email you when your passport is ready for pick up. Don’t update anything there, I don’t think it will even let you. You will be fine , leave it as is. 

9 hours ago, Dsb_datsme said:

Not sure if someone responded already but same thing  happened to my husband. Because your passport number is linked no need to worry they will email you when your passport is ready for pick up. Don’t update anything there, I don’t think it will even let you. You will be fine , leave it as is. 

Thanks so much,  that’s what I decided to do was just leave it and hope all is well instead of creating a mess.  

13 hours ago, AMO O said:

Congrats!  You guys are gonna get the approval, it’s just a little more time!  Honestly,  I think I know the colors of all the walls in his house and my husband would not have a clue.  😂 

Hi good night I’m new to the forum .... I’ve been going through all the message and doing a lil catch up on all that was said. I’ve realize all the anxieties and the discomfort that most people are going through. Quick ques.. I was DQ Oct 2, any ideas where they are currently?

17 minutes ago, Twani & Anna said:

Hi good night I’m new to the forum .... I’ve been going through all the message and doing a lil catch up on all that was said. I’ve realize all the anxieties and the discomfort that most people are going through. Quick ques.. I was DQ Oct 2, any ideas where they are currently?

Well people who got DQ at the end of May, June, and July are still waiting to get their interviews rescheduled. It seems as if they are beginning to reschedule them for Nov, not 100% sure yet.  My husband said that he seen more people at the embassy this week vs the 1st time he went. So he thinks they are starting to take more appointments. 

1 minute ago, AMO O said:

Well people who got DQ at the end of May, June, and July are still waiting to get their interviews rescheduled. It seems as if they are beginning to reschedule them for Nov, not 100% sure yet.  My husband said that he seen more people at the embassy this week vs the 1st time he went. So he thinks they are starting to take more appointments. 

Ok thanks much for the info.. and congrats 🎉🎊🍾 wishing you all the best.

Timeline
7 hours ago, AMO O said:

The cases are starting to go down in JA from what i have seen,  so hopefully that trend continues.. maybe they will start to take in more of us..this process is a rollercoaster..

11 minutes ago, AMO O said:

Just read it.. that’s horrible 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.