Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Unknown101 said:

So guys this is not to scare anyone  but i have this specific immigration lawyer i follow on YouTube her name is ((mcbean)) she updates everything that is going on with trump administration. ... so she posted a video showing that trump is planning to cut immigration in half... denying people green cards ... he is using the public charges against us ... again i dont know if we are really affected by this public charges stuff but it looks very serious .. i am wondering if we need to provide this Ds5540 ..  but i am not providing anything they did  not ask for ... 😠 ... i just need to hurry and get a date and leave this place until all this bulshit is over am getting tired .. 

Denial because of Public Charge is not new, it has always been there to use.  they are now enforcing using it.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mrstoyou17 said:

Gm guys! May 6th DQ and got my interview date yesterday! Also schedule my medical which will be on the 4th! So happy!! (Kingston embassy as well) 

Woot woot!!!🙌🏾🎉 Congratulations!

20 hours ago, AMO O said:

I went to Jamaica on June 15 ad soon as they opened them boarders!!! It's a long process to get through the airport in JA and everything was crazy. But they are testing everyone before you even leave the airport.  I stayed 26 days. I never quarantined. I signed ordersnto quarantine to the "area".  However I stayed a an air bnb, so I have to get groceries and everything. And I told them I an Def going to the beach!!! They didn't say anything about it.  But I heard they were telling people who wete staying on resorts to quarantine to the resort.  Idk how true that is, and I been back for 2 weeks now, so I don't know if anything has changed.

I really want to attend interview with him but I’ve been contemplating too because of the whole covid -19. I don’t want to go down and then can’t leave the house and base on the visitjamaica website it says you have to quarantine for 14 days. I can’t stay that long because I have work and I was gonna go for like 5 days. I’m just feeling so stress. So now he’s telling me to just stay here 😭😭😭

5 minutes ago, Kenzie_ said:

Congratulations 🎉🎊🎉

Did they call you about the medical or you got an email? I got an email saying someone would reach out in 2 business days, so I'm thinking monday.

Just wondering how they confirme the medical date to you? 

After I filled out the form and got the same email about someone reaching out in 2 BD, I got an email like 4 hours later with the appointment confirmation with the day and time. 

2 minutes ago, TheFostersJourney said:

I really want to attend interview with him but I’ve been contemplating too because of the whole covid -19. I don’t want to go down and then can’t leave the house and base on the visitjamaica website it says you have to quarantine for 14 days. I can’t stay that long because I have work and I was gonna go for like 5 days. I’m just feeling so stress. So now he’s telling me to just stay here 😭😭😭

they're not really requiring anyone to quarantine anymore.. and if you really want to go, get tested 2-5 days before you land in Jamaica and that way you can show them your results and let them know the purpose of your trip -- after all, the US embassy in Kingston is technically US soil, right? 

3 minutes ago, mrstoyou17 said:

Question for you ladies and gents -- Where can I get insurance for my hubby? The marketplace is closed and being that the DS5540 asks about insurance I rather purchase it to be safe. Helpppppp lol.

If you have insurance with your job you can ask them the protocol to add him and see if they can give you a letter on their letter head about adding him. 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, TheFostersJourney said:

You don't have to quarantine nor do you have to go for 14 days. I know 3 ppl who visited and none of them quarantined and only 1 is still in JA for over 2 weeks because she booked her trip that way. The other 2 stayed for 5 and 6 days . The govt just wants you to remain in the area you're visiting but ppl still go to other parishes. The wait time to get thru the airport now is far less also. My friend who went on the 11th (still in JA now) was outside within an hour because she did not have to test since she brought her test results and she is all over the island visiting family and friends so if you really want to go you can. Just take all the necessary precautions mask and sanitization wise.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Kenzie_ said:

If you have insurance with your job you can ask them the protocol to add him and see if they can give you a letter on their letter head about adding him. 

How can we add our spouse when insurances ask for social security # which they do not yet have? 

Edited by Stacey Ann

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.