Stacey Ann

Interview timeline after Documentarily Qualified (DQ)

2,955 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, TheFostersJourney said:

Hi Everyone 

Just wanted to ask a question hopefully someone can help.

I really want to attend the interview with my hubby (I already got the ok from embassy) but I want to know how is the travel in Jamaica with covid-19. I’m hearing two different information 

1. That you have to get tested for covid in USA and bring result with you and get a clearance from the government.

2. That you only get the clearance and they test you on Jamaica and that you have to quarantine for 14 days. 
How true is this? 

I went to Jamaica on June 15 ad soon as they opened them boarders!!! It's a long process to get through the airport in JA and everything was crazy. But they are testing everyone before you even leave the airport.  I stayed 26 days. I never quarantined. I signed ordersnto quarantine to the "area".  However I stayed a an air bnb, so I have to get groceries and everything. And I told them I an Def going to the beach!!! They didn't say anything about it.  But I heard they were telling people who wete staying on resorts to quarantine to the resort.  Idk how true that is, and I been back for 2 weeks now, so I don't know if anything has changed.

3 hours ago, Stacey Ann said:

I know two people who traveled to JA recently and I watch all the conferences. Even the juicy one wah day where a reporter asked MOH's, Tufton if he cheated of his wife 🤭 anyway I digress LOL.

The process has recently changed and may change again on 07/31 because they are updating in 2 week sprints since the COVID situation is so fluid. Follow Ministry of Health and Andrew Holness on FB for new updates.

That being said, the current process is that you are to register on visitjamaica.com for authorization to travel to JA. Holness said you would be required as of July 10th to upload a Covid test result dated within 10 days of your travel but my friend who traveled 07/11 did not have to upload her results. The website asks questions about covid testing tho, i.e. if you've ever been exposed, if you've ever tested, the results etc. I told my friend to print and take her results with her since she did not have to upload it. The system may now require upload (not sure) Other questions from the site include your current address, your occupation, passport credentials, intended address in JA etc. Previously you could only fill out the form on visitjamaica 72hrs before travel. Idk if that has changed since they want test results prior to travel. At the end of the application the system generates the authorization via email.

To board the plane you will need the visitjamaica authorization. At the airport in JA you will show the authorization and your test results and go through the verbal health screen with a nurse. Also, they'll have you download the jamcovid app for GPS tracking You will not need to test again unless you show symptoms, fail the health screen or your test results from the US are older than 10 days old.

You will not be quarantined, but they will tell you to stay in the area you're visiting (ppl are still moving about 🤷🏾‍♀️). My friend said they couldn't get the app to download on her phone either so she had to fill out a paper with her info and where she'd be going. She is still in JA now and mi know she all over the place🤦🏾‍♀️ Only positive ppl are required to quarantine for 14 days. Most ppl come and go b4 14 days and those who have been tested are getting their results well after, I heard in some cases they go to JA, get back to the US and never got the results.

Hope this helped. This is the process now, but as I said it could change especially since they been having a spike due to positive cases from US travelers. Most of their recent cases have been imported.

Thank you 🙌🏾🙏🏾

I def did not put that app on my phone...I was not about to let them track me 😤

Just now, Kenzie_ said:

So I see based on that story. I really  thought they had you confined. 

So guys this is not to scare anyone  but i have this specific immigration lawyer i follow on YouTube her name is ((mcbean)) she updates everything that is going on with trump administration. ... so she posted a video showing that trump is planning to cut immigration in half... denying people green cards ... he is using the public charges against us ... again i dont know if we are really affected by this public charges stuff but it looks very serious .. i am wondering if we need to provide this Ds5540 ..  but i am not providing anything they did  not ask for ... 😠 ... i just need to hurry and get a date and leave this place until all this bulshit is over am getting tired .. 

Edited by Unknown101

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 hours ago, Stacey Ann said:

Yep, that's why I started the thread so we can follow each other's progress and cheer each other on. There was so much uncertainty with this whole Covid thing and not knowing when or how things would move fwd was nerve wrecking so it's good seeing so many of us progressing to the next step.

This is an awesome website. Thanks to whomever created this community. 💖

Have a great day ahead everyone. Be safe!

I agree with you on that, Visa journey is a awesome website.

Just now, Unknown101 said:

So guys this is not to scare anyone  but i have this specific immigration lawyer i follow on YouTube her name is ((mcbean)) she updates everything that is going on with trump administration. ... so she posted a video showing that trump is planning to cut immigration in half... denying people green cards ... he is using the public charges against us ... again i dont know if we are really affected by this public charges stuff but it looks very serious .. i am wondering if we need to provide this Ds5540 ..  but i am not providing anything they did  not ask for ... 😠 ... i just need to hurry and get a date and leave this place until all this bulshit is over am getting tired .. 

I dont see anywhere on my ceac profile where am supposed to provide a Ds5540 plus they specifically stated that only people who filed after February 2020 would be facing public charges. .. now i cant understand what's this all about... providing DS FORMS and trying to cut immigration in half .. this is madness... stressed smh 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Unknown101 said:

Trump is always going after immigrants but he may be targeting ppl who get green cards through other means, like work visas, asylum etc. I don't think it's so much family based GCs like oura. I filled out the DS5540 form for my husband just in case it's requested. In any case I filed in March 2020 so I guess it will be. Sigh idk I just want to get this interview already to see what's what.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Unknown101 said:

I dont see anywhere on my ceac profile where am supposed to provide a Ds5540 plus they specifically stated that only people who filed after February 2020 would be facing public charges. .. now i cant understand what's this all about... providing DS FORMS and trying to cut immigration in half .. this is madness... stressed smh 

The embassy interview instruction page below states the DS form may be requested.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html

Timeline

The whole form makes no sense to me. It asks for their health insurance info which obviously they can't get till they're here. They ask about US Tax return which if they've never lived or worked here they don't have. It goes on to ask about finances, assets, bonds, occupational licenses and one bag a tings weh di applicant most likely will not have till they migrate and build their life. It's insane to me.

Edited by Stacey Ann

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

The whole form makes no sense to me. It asks for their health insurance info which obviously they can't get till they're here. They ask about US Tax return which if they've never lived or worked here they don't have. It goes on to ask about finances, assets, bonds, occupational licenses and one bag a tings weh di applicant most likely will not have till they migrate and build their life. It's insane to me. I just don't see how this form would be relevant to us. It must be for ppl already living here filing for green cards right??? 

Just now, Stacey Ann said:

The whole form makes no sense to me. It asks for their health insurance info which obviously they can't get till they're here. They ask about US Tax return which if they've never lived or worked here they don't have. It goes on to ask about finances, assets, bonds, occupational licenses and one bag a tings weh di applicant most likely will not have till they migrate and build their life. It's insane to me.

Exactly my point i dont owne a car a house ... . thats why I am so angry and they ask if you going to get insured within 30 day after you reach ... and they ask for tax lol i never been to the usa before ... been telling my wife this public charge thing is joke thing she keep telling me to stay positive and nuh care how mi try smh 

Edited by Unknown101

Timeline
1 minute ago, Unknown101 said:

Exactly my point i dont owne a car a house ... i dont even work .. yes i said it i hustle i am an unlicensed tattoo artist .. thats why I am so angry and they ask if you going to get insured within 30 day after you reach ... and they ask for tax lol i never been to the usa before ... been telling my wife this public charge thing is joke thing she keep telling me to stay positive and nuh care how mi try smh 

Exactly. It makes no sense and is contradictory. If you say yes you'll have health insurance in 30 days of arrival it asks for plan info, date of coverage etc....how on God's green earth are we to know this when we don't even know our interview date, much less approval date or arrival date to the US???? Don't even get me started on the taxes and job waiting for you in the US questions 🤦🏾‍♀️🙆🏾‍♀️ I just cannot fathom how it applies to us. I can see about the # of household members and govt assistance part but nothing else makes sense.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.