REP&KMM

Worst Mistake Ever...

62 posts in this topic

The I-94 costs $6 regardless. Since the airlines incorporate the fee into the flight charges then it does make it easier on entry. It isn't a matter of there being no charge for the I-94 though, merely a difference on when you pay it. Having been taken by surprise myself when I entered the US by having to pay the fee, I was hoping to help others avoid the unexpected when you are already feeling stressed and anxious. So now I have learned that those entering by air have one less thing to worry about -_-

I'm sure all the UK members planning to enter the USA via a land border will appreciate your input.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

To anyone who knows about this sort of thing (LONDON EMBASSY especially!) - do you need to include the passport along with the opened not-to-be-opened envelope when you send it back to the Embassy?

Thanks!

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
To anyone who knows about this sort of thing (LONDON EMBASSY especially!) - do you need to include the passport along with the opened not-to-be-opened envelope when you send it back to the Embassy?

Thanks!

TD,

No he didn't... did he? :)

YMMV

Timeline
No big deal. I kinda.... opened mine because I was curious what was in it and then carefully resealed it :P

Oh my! ;) I didn't ask Tim if it was the kind of envelope that was gummy enough to reseal, but I think we'll be sending it back.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

Timeline

Thanks!

TD,

Oh he did. I know, I couldn't believe it either. We specifically had a conversation about it. Poor thing. But it can be fixed, so not point in fretting over it now.

I smacked my head loud enough for it to be heard IN England, though, I'm pretty sure.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

Handy numbers:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Thanks!

TD,

Oh he did. I know, I couldn't believe it either. We specifically had a conversation about it. Poor thing. But it can be fixed, so not point in fretting over it now.

I smacked my head loud enough for it to be heard IN England, though, I'm pretty sure.

TD excuse me if I missed it in another thread, but I take it from Tim's little fau par, that the 'additional checks' have been completed and you have your approved?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
No big deal. I kinda.... opened mine because I was curious what was in it and then carefully resealed it :P

Oh my! ;) I didn't ask Tim if it was the kind of envelope that was gummy enough to reseal, but I think we'll be sending it back.

You didn't think I would just hand it over to immigration without knowing what

the Embassy had to say about me, did ya? :P

Anyway - there was nothing exciting in there, just some copies of the Embassy

visa forms and such.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

My envelope is not gummed so if i did open it (which I havent) I wouldnt be able to reseal it - plus it is taped down with some selotape with the Embassy stamp across the tab and also someone initialed it - so umm I dont think you can reseal it easily - it may be best to send it back fro them to reseal it:) Wouldnt want anyone to have problems at the POE!

Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Thanks!

TD,

:lol: Oh these boys!! As you said, at least it's an easily fixed boo-boo. Glad you guys are out of process-that-must-not-be-named and got that visa!!

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

• 5 weeks later...

Well, after I told Neal several times NOT to open the MBE, he went and totally forgot and opened it. They never told him at the interview and he never saw the stamp on the back, and he claims to not remember me ever telling him. So we're going to send it back to get it resealed. Hopefully it's not too big a deal since he isn't leaving for another month, but I have a couple of questions.

What address should he send it to? Is it just Visa Services Department at the U.S. Embassy or something? Does he send his passport back too or just the MBE?

Thanks for your help! I can't wait until this is over!

Neal (UK) and Cari (USA)

N-400

01-30-2013 Sent N-400 to Dallas Lockbox
02-04-2013 Package marked as "Delivered"
02-07-2013 Check cashed
02-08-2013 NOA
02-21-2013 Biometrics
02-25-2013 Inline for Interview

04-08-2013 Interview

05-31-2013 Oath Ceremony

Well, after I told Neal several times NOT to open the MBE, he went and totally forgot and opened it. They never told him at the interview and he never saw the stamp on the back, and he claims to not remember me ever telling him. So we're going to send it back to get it resealed. Hopefully it's not too big a deal since he isn't leaving for another month, but I have a couple of questions.

What address should he send it to? Is it just Visa Services Department at the U.S. Embassy or something? Does he send his passport back too or just the MBE?

Thanks for your help! I can't wait until this is over!

Sorry to hear that. At least you are getting closer..... :whistle::whistle: From reading other posts, you should get the resealed envelope back soon. Shame you didn't get the guy who interviewed me.... He gave me a VERY serious lecture on how important it was I didn't open the envelope. No Confusion whatsoever!! :lol::lol::lol:

Good Luck!

I swear, I read more posts about British men opening the MBEs...is it something in the national male psyche that ponders, "now, this looks interesting, wonder what's in here?....D'OH!"

essjay, we must have had the same CO -- he was super-serious about not opening the envelope, and must have told Bruce 3 or 4 times that if he opened the envelope, baaaaaad things would happen (plagues of locusts, spontaneous combustion, denial at POE, etc). Coupled with the horror stories I told him from VJ about opened envelopes, Bruce has barely touched the thing since he got it. He put it in a plastic folder under the bed, and only just brought himself to touch it yesterday to make sure it was still sealed. :lol:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I swear, I read more posts about British men opening the MBEs...is it something in the national male psyche that ponders, "now, this looks interesting, wonder what's in here?....D'OH!"

essjay, we must have had the same CO -- he was super-serious about not opening the envelope, and must have told Bruce 3 or 4 times that if he opened the envelope, baaaaaad things would happen (plagues of locusts, spontaneous combustion, denial at POE, etc). Coupled with the horror stories I told him from VJ about opened envelopes, Bruce has barely touched the thing since he got it. He put it in a plastic folder under the bed, and only just brought himself to touch it yesterday to make sure it was still sealed. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I checked the envelope to make sure it WAS properly sealed, and not bent or scratched and then put it back in the plastic courier bag where its magnetic lure has no power over me. (I then put it in a cupboard and closed the door just to make sure!!)

I was more worried about the threat of spontaneous combustion than denial at POE. Fire can really give you a bad hair day...... :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.