homesick_american

Guess what? I'm getting a divorce.

85 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Like everyone, I'm so sorry, HA. (F)We don't need to know both sides of the story to know that you're better off ending this relationship. Soon you will be surrounded by people who love you in a place you love.

I'll agree with that part as well, Alex.

These things always suck, you know? Two people hurting is never fun to watch.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh H_A, I don't even know what to say. I literally rubbed my eyes when I looked at the post title and the by-line.

You grieve however you need to. You loved and thought you had love in return. You did a lot for the relationship, waiting through a long and frustrating process. I'm sure you had plans and the end of plans is, to me, always the hardest part.

We're here to support you. Whatever any other part of the story is, doesn't matter, how you feel is how you feel. Not all of us have been divorced before, but I'm sure many if not most of us have been badly hurt - I still remember how world-shifting it can be to find out someone's lied like that.

I'm so very, very sorry. If you want to vent, vent. If you want to imagine horrific violent deaths for him, do that. If you want to just say that it hurts and he sucks, do that too. If you want to forgive and move on eventually, do it, but not before you're ready because bottling you feelings will harm you far more in the long run than that cad ever could.

I hope that your homecoming will bring you comfort.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow :o Just the other day I was reading about tracking the flight for you guys and how excited you both were to finally be going back to TX and now this...wow...

I am sorry you are going through this right now and I hope that in whatever decisions you make in the next few days you are able to find strength, comfort, peace and understanding (F)

Edited by Jme3584

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
My husband chose this morning to drop the bomb on me that he's been faking it these last couple of years and he's been lying to me about loving me.

So we're getting a divorce.

I will be coming to America on Sunday, but he won't be. The weird thing is...I'm not even really upset. I'm just angry about having wasted the last six years of my life on such a fcuking coward.

I am really very sorry to hear this. He must be a complete loser, what a waste of space. I hope the future only holds good things for you from now on.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm confused....why is everyone laughing saying HA? It's definitely not funny :( I'm sorry you have to go through this. (F)

Derrr Doodle.. LOL :thumbs:

Did you JUST have something go through.. Visa.. Coming here .. Was it cause he finally got that?

Sorry to hear all this.. :(

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Filed: Timeline
If it's OK with you, Becca, I'll do my own thinking.

Hey, that's fine. You should do your own thinking. I was just giving you the benefit of the doubt is all.

Becca, please do me a favor and bow out of this thread. I am not in the mood for your preachiness or your tendency to rub salt in open wounds. Please just leave me alone.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey, that's fine. You should do your own thinking. I was just giving you the benefit of the doubt is all.

Becca, please do me a favor and bow out of this thread. I am not in the mood for your preachiness or your tendency to rub salt in open wounds. Please just leave me alone.

HA, I wasn't rubbing salt in a wound. I feel bad for you because I've been divorced and I think I understand what you're going through. An angry reaction is certainly natural.

But I'll happily leave the discussion if that is your wish. Like I said earlier, I hope you can get your head around this before you leave.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

H_A I am very sorry to hear this is going on in your life. My thoughts are with you. You have always come across as a strong willed sort of gal, keep it up get through this and have a safe return HOME!

Bethanie

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Maybe I missed something here but I did not see anywhere in this thread Becca rubing salt into open wounds or doing any preaching....

Kez

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys - anyone who is NOT rebeccajo or H_A probably shouldn't weigh in on their views on both their words and their intentions. This is a terrible time for H_A, so I think it's best if we respect her wishes, be kind, and stay back from the live wires.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am so sorry this happened to you.

May you have the strength to get through this and may only good things come your way.

Zee

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Hey guys - anyone who is NOT rebeccajo or H_A probably shouldn't weigh in on their views on both their words and their intentions. This is a terrible time for H_A, so I think it's best if we respect her wishes, be kind, and stay back from the live wires.

I agree it is a difficault time for HA... but I dont see how that gives HA the excuss to be rude to anyone..... I saw no evidence of Becca being nasty in this thread so dont see the need for the statement to be made....

Kez

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh H_A, I don't even know what to say. I literally rubbed my eyes when I looked at the post title and the by-line.

You grieve however you need to. You loved and thought you had love in return. You did a lot for the relationship, waiting through a long and frustrating process. I'm sure you had plans and the end of plans is, to me, always the hardest part.

We're here to support you. Whatever any other part of the story is, doesn't matter, how you feel is how you feel. Not all of us have been divorced before, but I'm sure many if not most of us have been badly hurt - I still remember how world-shifting it can be to find out someone's lied like that.

I'm so very, very sorry. If you want to vent, vent. If you want to imagine horrific violent deaths for him, do that. If you want to just say that it hurts and he sucks, do that too. If you want to forgive and move on eventually, do it, but not before you're ready because bottling you feelings will harm you far more in the long run than that cad ever could.

I hope that your homecoming will bring you comfort.

I agree completely with this post.

If you need to vent privately, please PM me, HA. I do understand what you are going through.

Everyone deals and vents differently. However you need to do that, you do that. I will offer up whatever I have in your efforts.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.