homesick_american

Guess what? I'm getting a divorce.

85 posts in this topic

I am sorry to hear of your situation, that really sucks!

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm confused....why is everyone laughing saying HA? It's definitely not funny :( I'm sorry you have to go through this. (F)

Homesick American

:blush:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

I'm extremely sorry to hear this, and my wife & I will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. I hope that your return to life in Texas will help you return to happiness.

Married to my USC Spouse in the UK 08/17/2006

Entered the US with my CR1 on 09/25/2007

Mailed I-751 application on 07/14/2009 to CSC

I-751 package arrived at CSC on 07/16/2009

Check cashed on 07/20/2009

NOA1 Dated 07/16/2009

Biometrics Appointment 08/21/2009

Touched 08/24/2009

APPROVED 09/14/2009

Card Production Ordered 09/22/2009

Card arrived in the mail 09/28/2009

US Citizen as of 10/20/2010!

*IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING IN SECURITY/LAW ENFORCEMENT/MILITARY IN THE USA, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME FOR INFO*

HA - my jaw dropped when I saw the title of this thread. Whatever you went through in England, I always had the impression you had a veryloving relationship with your husband - your posts about him were always so warm.

I obviously no nothing about the particulars, but, is it possible that in the face of such a MAJOR, imminent life change he is freaking out and saying things so he doesn't face such a change? Can this be the underlying issue or has this really been bubbling beneath the surface for some time? I know men can sometimes be terrible communicators sometimes and choose to lash out and hurt as a means of dealing with things.

90day.jpg

I am so sorry to hear this....

I hope thgis will not have any effect on your fear of flying, I know you said you were going through some major issues when the phobia began.

On the bright side, you are starting over freshly in a place you love surrounded by people you love and who love you unconditionally.

The fact you will be busy getting things together will make the breakup much easier, you will have mo time to brood on the situation.

Give him his pound of flesh, proceeds from the house, thank God you never had kids with him and look forward to your future!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

:o I was really really hoping that was no the meaning of the title... I am SO sorry for you and I hope everything works out in the end! HUGS!!!!!!

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Firstly, sorry to hear your news HA. Must be a shock.

I wish everyone would remember there's 2 sides to every story though. This poor guy's been hung, drawn and quartered by a few on here for dropping this bombshell on HA. Maybe his timing was off, maybe he handled it wrong, but I'm sure he had his reasons and we've only heard HA's side.

HA - I presume yesterday you loved and cared for him and he was your husband. Today you want to kill him and he's a loser. If you didn't feel love and care for him, maybe it was you who was faking, as well as him? Anger is one part of a grieving process and I hope it's just one stage you will go through.

He didn't forecfully MAKE you go to or even stay England, so I don't see how you can throw that in his face. As I said in posts before, if you were that unhappy, why didn't you leave?

I'm not trying to be negative, it just gets to me when people can call others every name under the sun when they don't even know the circumstances. I know the words are said in support for HA, but please guys, name calling??

Helen

Frankly, the circumstances don't really matter as SHE is the one coming to us for support. Perhaps if he were on this forum and we'd gotten to know HIM, we might be a little less forthright about our direct support for HA. But no... we've come to know Homesick American through her posts on this forum. Why on EARTH would you want to throw little jabs like "He didn't forecfully MAKE you go to or even stay England, so I don't see how you can throw that in his face" when she is in such obvious distress and faced with a tremendous challenge in the coming days. Sheesh. Is it SO hard to give someone support without all these little nitpicky questions second-guessing what they might have done or didn't do wrong in their relationship?

HA... take the support you find here and find whatever solace in them that you can. But I certainly hope you don't feel the need to explain "both sides" or defend the fact that you're feeling a little less than warm and fuzzy to the man (and yes, I stick by my PANTY WASTE statement) who dumped on you a few days before coming back to America.

2007:

February - May: extended visit to States, engagement.

5/4: I-129F sent (Texas Service Center, forwarded to California Service Center)

5/11: Petition received at California Service Center.

5/16: Check cleared. NOA1 online (no hard copy received yet)

6/19: NOA1 hard copy arrived FINALLY

7/16: Sent off for Police Certificate (U.K.)

8/22: TOUCHED due to phone call (RFE Trick, was told case wasn't assigned yet)

9/20:APPROVED!!! After 127 days from NOA1 and 139 days from filing date.

10/23: Spoke to Kelly at NVC who said they should have received our petition by now. She advised I send a copy of our NOA2 directly to the NVC office, which I did immediately. :-)

10/26: NVC RECEIVES CASE!

10/30: NVC SENDS CASE TO LONDON CONSULATE

11/1: Consulate receives case in London AND sends out Packet 3.

11/6: Sent Packet 3 to Consulate (we'd downloaded the forms on VJ and had them completed already)

11/22: Appointment for Medical.

2008:

01/08: Interview scheduled for 10 a.m. APPROVED!!!

02/01/08: Stephen comes to America!!!

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawl.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

I wish everyone would remember there's 2 sides to every story though. This poor guy's been hung, drawn and quartered by a few on here for dropping this bombshell on HA. Maybe his timing was off, maybe he handled it wrong, but I'm sure he had his reasons and we've only heard HA's side.

HA - I presume yesterday you loved and cared for him and he was your husband. Today you want to kill him and he's a loser. If you didn't feel love and care for him, maybe it was you who was faking, as well as him? Anger is one part of a grieving process and I hope it's just one stage you will go through.

He didn't forecfully MAKE you go to or even stay England, so I don't see how you can throw that in his face. As I said in posts before, if you were that unhappy, why didn't you leave?

I'm not trying to be negative, it just gets to me when people can call others every name under the sun when they don't even know the circumstances. I know the words are said in support for HA, but please guys, name calling??

Helen

Frankly, the circumstances don't really matter as SHE is the one coming to us for support. Perhaps if he were on this forum and we'd gotten to know HIM, we might be a little less forthright about our direct support for HA. But no... we've come to know Homesick American through her posts on this forum. Why on EARTH would you want to throw little jabs like "He didn't forecfully MAKE you go to or even stay England, so I don't see how you can throw that in his face" when she is in such obvious distress and faced with a tremendous challenge in the coming days. Sheesh. Is it SO hard to give someone support without all these little nitpicky questions second-guessing what they might have done or didn't do wrong in their relationship?

HA... take the support you find here and find whatever solace in them that you can. But I certainly hope you don't feel the need to explain "both sides" or defend the fact that you're feeling a little less than warm and fuzzy to the man (and yes, I stick by my PANTY WASTE statement) who dumped on you a few days before coming back to America.

Sienna,

I think Helen said things very well - and she really is right you know. We don't know both sides of the story. We can still offer support to HA without feeding HA's anger. I believe as a mature woman and a thorough thinker she will be able to accept that.

Becca

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Timeline

Helen

Sienna,

I think Helen said things very well - and she really is right you know. We don't know both sides of the story. We can still offer support to HA without feeding HA's anger. I believe as a mature woman and a thorough thinker she will be able to accept that.

Becca

If it's OK with you, Becca, I'll do my own thinking.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

(F) Come home to Texas.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
He wants 50% of the proceeds of the sale of the house. I could probably get more if I wanted to go through a long, drawn-out divorce but at this point I just want to be rid of that pu$$y mama's boy. When the going gets tough, he runs to mama.

If he came down my driveway right now I'd beat the ever-loving cr@p out of him. I told him he is not welcome at this house and he is not welcome at my parents' house, and I'll do whatever I want with the stuff that the movers boxed up TODAY and are shipping to the USA.

He thinks he's gonna come and get his stuff. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No he isn't.

OMG....you talk a lot like I talk when I am mad.

I'm so sorry. I know all you must've put into this relationship. Sounds like he was never worthy of all it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Like everyone, I'm so sorry, HA. (F) We don't need to know both sides of the story to know that you're better off ending this relationship. Soon you will be surrounded by people who love you in a place you love.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.