Briberry

July 2020 AOS Filers

1,283 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, iris@@ said:

I'm worried because I will move to a new home soon. I'm not sure when to change my address...if i change too early, the new home is not ready, If i change too late, i might not get my letter. And i can't change on the day I move out, because what if their letter is on the way to my current place already and I just miss it.

Have you checked with the postal service? You can forward your mail for I think 14 or 30 days to cover a move.  So if you notify the postal service before you move and starting on your moving date any mail addressed to you being sent to your previous address will be re-addressed to be sent to you new location.  I have done this every time I move and it is really easy now a days online.  I think this should help you.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Faith2020 said:

Oh dear. Some people from Mars are still waiting. My friend did her biometrics in June and she’s still waiting for biometrics. I would suggest to call a USCIS tier and make an expedite request for biometrics. 

Has anyone had success with an expedite request for biometrics? 

1 hour ago, maw0122 said:

Have you checked with the postal service? You can forward your mail for I think 14 or 30 days to cover a move.  So if you notify the postal service before you move and starting on your moving date any mail addressed to you being sent to your previous address will be re-addressed to be sent to you new location.  I have done this every time I move and it is really easy now a days online.  I think this should help you.  

Thanks for the information! I looked up online, it says government mails cannot be forwarded unless I pay for premium service. Do you mind telling me where I can do this? Or how did you change your address online. Thanks!

Timeline
11 hours ago, iris@@ said:

Thanks for the information! I looked up online, it says government mails cannot be forwarded unless I pay for premium service. Do you mind telling me where I can do this? Or how did you change your address online. Thanks!

Interesting, I had never seen any comment saying that government mail cannot be forwarded unless you pay for the premium service.  I did a google it really quick and saw some note I was not able to verify on the website, so it might be worth it to double check with your local postal service.  

In the meantime, here are links to the form to fill out the change of address, the change of address FAQ, the change of address info page, and the premium forwarding service website.  

https://moversguide.usps.com/mgo/disclaimer?referral=SEM-MF-exactD-B&kwd=USPSMailFwding&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_cmpid=333888301&utm_adgid=24956143741&utm_tgtid=kwd-3946340138&utm_locintid=&utm_locphysid=9003520&utm_matchtypeid=e&utm_network=g&utm_device=c&utm_adid=332121312166&utm_adpos=&utm_plid=&gclid=CjwKCAiAiML-BRAAEiwAuWVggnRn299JTo5oP6oGkTUDOzcVq-WHCHnsuYAR0ThcV7jZy5YFmgkDaxoC9M8QAvD_BwE

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Change-of-Address-The-Basics#Mulitiple_COA

https://www.usps.com/manage/forward.htm

https://www.usps.com/manage/forward-premium.htm#pfsr

I hope that helps! For us we didn't get any USCIS notifications during this time period, so I can't confirm if that worked for USCIS mail, but it did work for all our other mail.  

3 hours ago, maw0122 said:

Interesting, I had never seen any comment saying that government mail cannot be forwarded unless you pay for the premium service.  I did a google it really quick and saw some note I was not able to verify on the website, so it might be worth it to double check with your local postal service.  

In the meantime, here are links to the form to fill out the change of address, the change of address FAQ, the change of address info page, and the premium forwarding service website.  

https://moversguide.usps.com/mgo/disclaimer?referral=SEM-MF-exactD-B&kwd=USPSMailFwding&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_cmpid=333888301&utm_adgid=24956143741&utm_tgtid=kwd-3946340138&utm_locintid=&utm_locphysid=9003520&utm_matchtypeid=e&utm_network=g&utm_device=c&utm_adid=332121312166&utm_adpos=&utm_plid=&gclid=CjwKCAiAiML-BRAAEiwAuWVggnRn299JTo5oP6oGkTUDOzcVq-WHCHnsuYAR0ThcV7jZy5YFmgkDaxoC9M8QAvD_BwE

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Change-of-Address-The-Basics#Mulitiple_COA

https://www.usps.com/manage/forward.htm

https://www.usps.com/manage/forward-premium.htm#pfsr

I hope that helps! For us we didn't get any USCIS notifications during this time period, so I can't confirm if that worked for USCIS mail, but it did work for all our other mail.  

Thank you so much for the help! Just signed up for this service. Hope this works!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, maw0122 said:

Sorry if you have already told us.  But do you mind telling me how went about this?  

Sure! I made several unsuccessful expedite request for my I-765 prior it was mainly because I didn’t have my biometrics yet. 

one day, I attempt to make an expedite request again and asked the tier 1 to let me speak to a tier 2 as I read on VJ that some people successfully got their biometrics after speaking to tier 2. I express to a tier 1 how very upset I was, I could potentially lose a great Job opportunity just because I’m still waiting and I requested to talk to a tier 2. The agent was a woman she told me a tier 2 would tell me the same and that I can have my I-765 approved if I don’t have my biometrics. However she can make an expedite request for my biometrics, and that’s how I got an expedite request for biometrics and few days after less than 2 weeks I received my letters in the mail. 

32 minutes ago, Faith2020 said:

Sure! I made several unsuccessful expedite request for my I-765 prior it was mainly because I didn’t have my biometrics yet. 

one day, I attempt to make an expedite request again and asked the tier 1 to let me speak to a tier 2 as I read on VJ that some people successfully got their biometrics after speaking to tier 2. I express to a tier 1 how very upset I was, I could potentially lose a great Job opportunity just because I’m still waiting and I requested to talk to a tier 2. The agent was a woman she told me a tier 2 would tell me the same and that I can have my I-765 approved if I don’t have my biometrics. However she can make an expedite request for my biometrics, and that’s how I got an expedite request for biometrics and few days after less than 2 weeks I received my letters in the mail. 

Did you also end up requesting an expedite for EAD or did you only get your biometrics expedited? 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, rohjas said:

Did you also end up requesting an expedite for EAD or did you only get your biometrics expedited? 

I did for EAD right after the biometrics. I’m still waiting but they didn’t even send me any RFE like they usually do for people so I’m here all stressed out and curious about the outcome. 

16 minutes ago, Faith2020 said:

I did for EAD right after the biometrics. I’m still waiting but they didn’t even send me any RFE like they usually do for people so I’m here all stressed out and curious about the outcome. 

Can you tell me what date did you request expedite EAD and how long has it been since then? Is your application at NBC

Timeline
13 hours ago, Faith2020 said:

Thanks @Faith2020 !!! This information is so helpful! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.