Briberry

July 2020 AOS Filers

1,283 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, DE2020 said:

All i needed was a parole to go back to my flying career and here i am without it and some others have a combo card so yes you never know so it is for the best of your interest to get you combo card! Good luck!

Good luck on your interview as well. Do let us know how it goes :) 

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 hours ago, DE2020 said:

Congrats! Quick question did you take any of your kids with you to the interview?

we have a 4months old and at this point it is impossible to leave her with someone else since she is not bottle trained yet plus we dont have any other family members close to us.

@DE2020Hello. We did not take our kids to the interview. However, we live 6.5 hours from where our interview was, we are in the middle of an Alaska winter so driving the one highway there is dangerous. We chose to fly the evening before the interview since it is just a 45 mins plane ride. We luckily had a friend who could spend the night with our kids and take them to daycare the following morning. We flew back to our city after our interview. 

The interview letter stated that only those requested to be at the interview should attend. I’m sure with a nursing baby an exception could be made. There is a number listed on the interview letter that you could call to ask. I personally would take my nursing baby but our kids are older so we felt comfortable leaving them in our friends care. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, iris@@ said:

Been waiting for 120 days since the fingerprint fee was received...put in a request before and the response was meaningless. Today I asked Emma if I should put in another request, she told me I can't until it's another 30 days after the response...seriously?

That’s for your EAD? I also put in a request and I don’t know the outcome as I didn’t receive any RFE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, iris@@ said:

Been waiting for 120 days since the fingerprint fee was received...put in a request before and the response was meaningless. Today I asked Emma if I should put in another request, she told me I can't until it's another 30 days after the response...seriously?

@iris@@ Hi friends. I think we need to be patient. We are all showing a lot of anxiety and that is not healthy. We must be patient and wait.  Let the things flow the way they need to flow, Do not force anything. I sent my AOS application on July 31st and haven’t received biometrics notice yet. Today I spoke with a USCIS agent through Emma and this is what they told me. All we need to do left, is to wait! 

e-requests now are useless 

1ED14A94-39E9-498E-8147-63436865ED11.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I went to my bio appointment today at Norridge Chicago, IL. I felt safe as the health protocol was very good, and the process was smooth. 

However this app was only for I-765 And i-485 do you know if I should wait for another appointment or if the fingerprints are applied to all my cases? 

(the agent there wasn't sure about it) 

I filed back on July 16th. 

17 minutes ago, Jacobo said:

@iris@@ Hi friends. I think we need to be patient. We are all showing a lot of anxiety and that is not healthy. We must be patient and wait.  Let the things flow the way they need to flow, Do not force anything. I sent my AOS application on July 31st and haven’t received biometrics notice yet. Today I spoke with a USCIS agent through Emma and this is what they told me. All we need to do left, is to wait! 

e-requests now are useless 

1ED14A94-39E9-498E-8147-63436865ED11.jpeg

I'm worried because I will move to a new home soon. I'm not sure when to change my address...if i change too early, the new home is not ready, If i change too late, i might not get my letter. And i can't change on the day I move out, because what if their letter is on the way to my current place already and I just miss it.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, iris@@ said:

No i didn't apply for EAD. This is for my I485. I haven't heard anything for the past four months. No RFE no appointment.

Oh I see you should wait. If you haven’t received any RFE for your I-485 it’s a good sign just wait for them to schedule you an interview. I got a RFE but that was just because I didn’t include I-94. So don’t worry about that you will hear from them soon but just so you know it takes a long time to for them to schedule an interview. 

3 minutes ago, Faith2020 said:

Oh I see you should wait. If you haven’t received any RFE for your I-485 it’s a good sign just wait for them to schedule you an interview. I got a RFE but that was just because I didn’t include I-94. So don’t worry about that you will hear from them soon but just so you know it takes a long time to for them to schedule an interview. 

Thank you. But i don't even have appointment for biometrics yet...not to mention the interview. Is it normal to wait for biometrics for four months?

Timeline
1 minute ago, iris@@ said:

Thank you. But i don't even have appointment for biometrics yet...not to mention the interview. Is it normal to wait for biometrics for four months?

Timeline
1 minute ago, iris@@ said:

Oh dear. Some people from Mars are still waiting. My friend did her biometrics in June and she’s still waiting for biometrics. I would suggest to call a USCIS tier and make an expedite request for biometrics. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.