Briberry

July 2020 AOS Filers

1,283 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Celebi said:

Did you go to 60th Street? How was your bio appointment experience?

yeah I did, pretty straightforward, was out in 10 mins, went there early, and they still took me without any issues. 

What you need: the appointment notice, the information form (fill it beforehand) and and an ID 

I-130, I-485, I-765, I-944, I-864

AOS package delivered: 07/27

NOA1: 8/17

Biometric appointment notice: 11/2

Biometric appointment: 11/12

EAD approved: 11/18

EAD delivered: 11/28

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/30/2020 at 12:25 PM, Magda M said:

I still have not received my biometrics letter, it has been over 90 days. What can I do? Is there any form that I can fill out or do I have to call  and get through to Tier2 agent?

I have never called through to a Tier2 agent.  But I have talked to Emma and requested a live representative.  The only thing they informed me was that there was no notice on it's way to us and then they told me to submit a "Did not receive notice by mail" service request on the following address:

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

I sent three in, one for each form I was waiting for a response on.  A few weeks later I received a response for the AOS service request, where they only told me they were waiting for me to be assigned a biometrics appointment.  So my interaction didn't get me any new information but it was nice to talk to a "real" person.  So it might not hurt to check in with Emma on the USCIS.  She will be able to tell you the current status of your application.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 11/30/2020 at 6:08 PM, TBD_7 said:

I applied in July and still waiting for biometrics. Sent a service request, they sent me a generic response they send to everyone. This sucks 

Same here. PD July 9th and complete silence for almost 5 months.

I wonder what legal actions we can take at this point?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Geekosnap said:

1. Does USCIS update status after scheduling the biometrics?

2. Does USCIS update status after taking biometrics? If yes, in how many days?

1. No

2. Yes but not 100% of the cases 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys I have a question for those of you who applied for EAD. I made an expedite request and it’s been 4 days and I haven’t received any request for evidence. Is this normal ? Thank you so much in advance.

For those who received their EADs, when did you get your SSN cards? 

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello AOS July Filers,

Update: My wife did her biometrics appointment for I-485 today and she received a notification yesterday that her EAD card is being produced! Also, we got her foreign education documents today as well! We are just waiting on one more document and will have I-944 send off again by the end of next week hopefully! 

Just want to thank everyone for posting their updates and questions because it has been very helpful! 

21 minutes ago, Justin & Sara said:

Hello AOS July Filers,

Update: My wife did her biometrics appointment for I-485 today and she received a notification yesterday that her EAD card is being produced! Also, we got her foreign education documents today as well! We are just waiting on one more document and will have I-944 send off again by the end of next week hopefully! 

Just want to thank everyone for posting their updates and questions because it has been very helpful! 

Congrats! Did she also get her SSN card already? Or applied with her AOS forms?

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Celebi said:

Congrats! Did she also get her SSN card already? Or applied with her AOS forms?

Thanks @Celebi! She applied for it with her AOS. So, hopefully she will be getting it soon!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello July filers, 

I had my AOS interview the morning of Dec 2nd so I’m making this post while everything is still fresh in my mind. Just a recap: I submitted forms I-130, I-485, I-693 & I-765 on July 17th to the Chicago lockbox, however my online account did not show the case was received until August 18th, I received NOAs a few days later. My check was cashed around the second week of August. I-485 updated on Aug 25th to show fingerprints from previous forms would be used (I’ve had DACA since 2012 so lots of biometrics appointments done regularly). I-485 on Oct 14th online update said case is ready to be scheduled for interview, and Oct 16th interview was scheduled. My interview was conducted in the Anchorage, Alaska office.

We entered the building 15 mins prior to our appointment, went through security and then went to the office for our interview. There they asked for my husband & my IDs, my passport and the appointment letter. Less than 5 mins later we were both called in to the back for the interview. The lady who interviewed us was very nice. She introduced herself, had us raise our right hand to swear to tell the truth. She said she had reviewed our paperwork and already knows she is going to approve us but just needs to ask some questions. She went over form I-130 with my husband. Asked him to confirm his name, current address and who currently lives in that address, place of birth, date of birth, phone number, number of marriages, spouse name, spouse date of brith and place of birth, children’s names and if there are any other children we have not living with us or not listed, his job name and brief description, jobs he’s had prior, if he petitioned anyone else before and then had him sign the last page. 

Then she moved on to form I-485 and asked me questions. My name, date of birth, current address, when I initially came to the US, if I had left the US and re-entered at any other time, spouses full name, spouse date of birth, my current job and brief description, previous job, she then moved on to all the yes & no questions. I guess there was one question I must have misread and put no but she corrected to yes. The question had something to do with if I’m the spouse or daughter or someone with advanced training in weapons, I think I misunderstood thinking it had to do with foreign training. But my husband is in the US military so he definitely has weapon training. She then asked why we waited so long to file considering we have been married for many years. But with the military and constant moving and deployments and babies the timing and financially it just wasn’t great for us, which she understood. She had me sign form I-485 and said we were approved pending a new I-693 as apparently mine was signed 2 days too early from when they processed my application. Making it 62 days from doctors signature on it and therefore invalid. I have to mail a new one directly to the office I had my interview in and they can approved my application on their system and start processing my card. 

All in all, a very easy and pleasant interview. We went in expecting a long interview and to be asked very thorough questions about our lives, marriage, kids & families but all questions were reconfirming what our application had already said. We still took all documents we had originally submitted with our application, all documents listed on the appointment letter, as well as new pay stubs, bank statements, new car insurance renewal with our names & recent pictures. We were not asked for any documents aside from our IDs, my passport & interview appointment letter. We were obviously a little nervous and intimidated going into this interview but very happy with the outcome. My best advice is to answer all questions honestly, ask if you did not understand a question, and come prepared with all required documents. Good luck everyone on your visa journey! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.