Briberry

July 2020 AOS Filers

1,283 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, DE2020 said:

Yeah i guess no news is good news so you are within normal processing times , like i said mine took 34 days to clear the check and also i received my noa’s with different  dates on all which i found curious . Give it a week or two then ! Good luck 

Thank you for the support! I will let you know guys when I get news or updates from USCIS 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ella84 said:

Yeah that my problem

I'm in Los Angeles ca so I k ow the backlogs are huge. 

Every Monday I call uscis to see if there is something with my case any update letter coming whatever. 

I'm in LA too and my ASC should be in Wilshire which reopened July 20. Still waiting for biometrics here. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Mimi24 said:

I'm in LA too and my ASC should be in Wilshire which reopened July 20. Still waiting for biometrics here. 

But I saw they have like 5 asc in the LA area so I hope that will help with the backlogs 

Just received my RFE, and they are requesting two things:

1. Additional documentation proving I'm a qualified sponsor for my wife

- I sent an employment letter, 4 months worth of pay stubs, and all relevant tax documents. My income is comfortably above the federal poverty line for a household of two. However, my only guess is that I started my job just this February, so I'm assuming they might feel my job is still unstable. I am going to resend my I-864 documents, and I'll use my brother as a joint sponsor just in case.

2. Insufficient birth certificate documents

- I sent what they required for the birth certificate documents for my wife: The Family Relations Certificate (Detailed) and Basic Relations Certificate (Detailed) along with translations. I submitted both, but maybe it got lost? Or they didn't review it correctly? I'm just going to get new ones and translate them again and resend them. Hopefully, there won't be an issue.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/21/2020 at 10:36 PM, Ikumimix1 said:

@Briberry @DE2020 @Magda M

Hi! I just checked a bank account and the check was cashed yesterday! I hope I will get text soon.

@Magda M I think you will hear something soon!

@Briberry I just checked my account and my credit card has been charged! :) I hope I get the text soon! Congrats @Ikumimix1!!! :) 

Edited by Justin & Sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 8/21/2020 at 9:41 PM, DE2020 said:

@Ikumimix1 that is great news! Congrats

on my side i have to contact the Department of state because of my i130 filed last year was approved and they sent there already i wonder if something went through the same? I guess it will delay my interview a bit. 

Be safe keep us posted

I got text from USCIS today and I got case numbers! I checked case status online and one of the status is  " My Fingerprint Fee Was Received” and another one is "The case was Received" 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Justin & Sara said:

@Briberry I just checked my account and my credit card has been charged! :) I hope I get the text soon! Congrats @Ikumimix1!!! :) 

Congrats! my check was cashed on 20th and today I got a text from USCIS and got a case number!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Awesome news! @ikumimix1 Now we wait for biometrics appointment , anyone with a date for the ASC already from july filers? 

Edited by DE2020
Empty post

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
11 hours ago, Geekosnap said:

I just received the four NOA's in mailbox today for I-130/131/485/765.

Does anyone knows whose date of birth is printed in the upper section of the NOA for I-130? The petitioner's (US Citizen) or the Beneficiary? 

Dare I ask if the petitioner and beneficiary are twins?

My I-130 (marriage-based) does not have any birthdate. I filed it electronically.

It contains:

Receipt number, Received Date, Priority Date, Notice Date, Page Number, Case Type, Petitioner Name, Beneficiary Name

11 hours ago, Geekosnap said:

Does anyone knows whose date of birth is printed in the upper section of the NOA for I-130? The petitioner's (US Citizen) or the Beneficiary? 

It should be the petitioner's (US citizen) DOB in upper section. The beneficiary's info should be in the lower section where it says: "The I-130, Petition for Alien Relative has been received by our office for the following beneficiaries and is in process"

usc-child-petition-parent-i-130-receipt-

25 minutes ago, pigrew said:

My I-130 (marriage-based) does not have any birthdate. I filed it electronically.

When my son filed I-130 petition by paper in Dec. 2017 the receipt notice had the following boxes at the top part of page: Notice Type; Notice Date; Case Type; USCIS Alien Number; Receipt Number; Received Date; Page; Priority Date; Preference Classification; Date of Birth

Edited by HRQX

2 hours ago, pigrew said:

Dare I ask if the petitioner and beneficiary are twins?

It contains:

Receipt number, Received Date, Priority Date, Notice Date, Page Number, Case Type, Petitioner Name, Beneficiary Name

Twins lol nope :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 8/25/2020 at 5:08 PM, Jacobo said:

I did communicate with them yesterday through USCIS web site and chatted with a Live Agent who asked me my name, date of birth, mailing address and whether the checks were already cashed or not. 

She said that she could not find me in the system and the package might could be still being processed by the Lockbox. I was a little relieved because luckily she didn't find a rejected package in the system. 

They received my I-130/I-485 package on August 1st (surprisingly a Saturday), so it has been 25 days today. 

Good news guys! Today, USCIS cashed one of the two checks we sent to them! (The check for the form I-130) 28 days after filing. Waiting for them to cash the I-485&Biometrics check. Do you guys know whether they usually cash first one check and then the other one? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.