Briberry

July 2020 AOS Filers

1,283 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

At this point i am not sure who is right or wrong, USCIS officer tier II said to me months ago i do need biometrics prior a possible parole approval , now i see you got AP approved with the same appointment, code and apps i just did. I guess my only option is to call USCIS tomorrow and try to get my AP ASAP with those biometrics or some other way, the misinformation from some officers to real cases i see here is really disappointing . Thanks for all the help. I will keep you posted . @Ella84 @Jacobo

pd : does any of you know someone with a AP approved without biometrics?

Hi guys, I've been waiting for 92 days for biometrics appointment since I got my receipt (PD 7/29). I sent out an e-request too because it's been more than 90 days since my field office reopened. I'm in OC, SoCal. Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting for biometrics. I'm getting a little worried lately. Thanks!

48 minutes ago, iris@@ said:

Hi guys, I've been waiting for 92 days for biometrics appointment since I got my receipt (PD 7/29). I sent out an e-request too because it's been more than 90 days since my field office reopened. I'm in OC, SoCal. Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting for biometrics. I'm getting a little worried lately. Thanks!

I'm also in OC, SoCal and waiting. God knows what's going on. They also not responding to the e-request for biometrics. Whereas people from other cities/states getting appointments.

Edited by Geekosnap

22 hours ago, Geekosnap said:

I'm also in OC, SoCal and waiting. God knows what's going on. They also not responding to the e-request for biometrics. Whereas people from other cities/states getting appointments.

This is so frustrating...I just hope I can get my biometrics before I move to a new place in January. It used to take only 10 days to get biometrics appointment, now 90 days there's no update. Jesus...

17 minutes ago, iris@@ said:

This is so frustrating...I just hope I can get my biometrics before I move to a new place in January. It used to take only 10 days to get biometrics appointment, now 90 days there's no update. Jesus...

I'm waiting for biometrics too 😢 94 days since my NOAs1... So frustrating. I'm in Wisconsin, it seems that they have a huge backlog. April and March filers are getting appointments now, so I guess I'll need to wait some more weeks or months... 😣

Unexpectedly we received our biometrics appointment letter for the i485 and i765 in the mail today. Notice date was Oct 23 and our appointment is for November 20.

The USCIS website, the USCIS app, the Lawfully app... none of these changed from "case was received" and "fingerprint fee was received". Even now the statuses remain unchanged and there were no other notification made to us so this was a complete surprise as we had been checking the above options multiple times on a daily basis.

We did, however, file a service request on Oct 19 as our 90 day mark for our local asc reopening had passed. Not sure if this biometrics scheduling was due to that but for anyone else waiting, I would definitely advise giving it a try!

And as others noted on here, the USCIS page and app appears to be completely unreliable in updating accurately, so for those that are very anxious, it seems communicating with a live rep seems to be the most and perhaps only accurate status checker. 

Wishing everyone else good news very soon!

1 hour ago, sysw said:

Unexpectedly we received our biometrics appointment letter for the i485 and i765 in the mail today. Notice date was Oct 23 and our appointment is for November 20.

The USCIS website, the USCIS app, the Lawfully app... none of these changed from "case was received" and "fingerprint fee was received". Even now the statuses remain unchanged and there were no other notification made to us so this was a complete surprise as we had been checking the above options multiple times on a daily basis.

We did, however, file a service request on Oct 19 as our 90 day mark for our local asc reopening had passed. Not sure if this biometrics scheduling was due to that but for anyone else waiting, I would definitely advise giving it a try!

And as others noted on here, the USCIS page and app appears to be completely unreliable in updating accurately, so for those that are very anxious, it seems communicating with a live rep seems to be the most and perhaps only accurate status checker. 

Did it show up on USPS informed delivery or was it a complete surprise in the mail? 

6 minutes ago, Tnorfotkcab said:

Did it show up on USPS informed delivery or was it a complete surprise in the mail? 

The USPS informed delivery showed up fine this morning. Thats how and when we first knew we had mail from the USCIS. If not for that we wouldn't have known to even expect anything from them at all. 🤷

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
6 hours ago, sysw said:

Hi!
Lawfully app has been working just fine for me, it updates everytime they touch my case, from biometrics letter sent to fingerprints received , case actually being review and so on. So keep an eye on that. On the other hand you are definitely right the best bet is to talk a uscis via phone call to get any updates! Congrats on your appointment letter.

9 minutes ago, DE2020 said:

Hi!
Lawfully app has been working just fine for me, it updates everytime they touch my case, from biometrics letter sent to fingerprints received , case actually being review and so on. So keep an eye on that. On the other hand you are definitely right the best bet is to talk a uscis via phone call to get any updates! Congrats on your appointment letter.

Thats what I had heard about the Lawfully app which was why I had downloaded it and checked it multiple times daily, along with the other apps and sites but even now when I check Lawfully it states the same with no updates 😶 

Could be different case by case but for other July filers awaiting news, it seems the only 100% reliable verification option is having to be connected with an agent.

Hi all,

I am going to do the medical I693 as I received an RFE! Instead of blood test and urine test I see in the form they have check points for mental disorders and drug use. Are there any questions that have been asked? Could you share your experience please? I want to make sure I won’t be surprised and unprepared for the medical exam. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I'm in Chicago and still waiting for my biometrics since July 16th. 

For those who are receiving the letter, did you just waited for it? Also if there is anyone else assigned to the Norridge ASC it would be great to know your PD and Bio date if already received 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.