Gelline

Foreigner Spouse travelling to the Philippines

39 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Gelline said:

As you have said theyre dont have dual citizenship. Have you tried booking a ticket and being barred from entering the philippines yourself? I suggest you go to the immigration helpline ph on facebook to ask and check for yourself. Of course there are certain guidelines you have to follow if youre wife does not live in metro manila, every province here has different rules and laws for accepting certain people. I asked them myself and they said, he just needs to bring our marriage certificate and a photocopy of my passport, present it upon arrival. We got married in the philippines, we have an NSO copy of our marriage certificate, the PH government can spot if its fake or not. I dont think they care so much if youre married to two filipinas, as long as youre married to one, thats not a question here really. Here is the screenshot of the message they sent to me.

20200709_180051.jpg

Now I can buy that, if you bring marriage license and copy of her passport to enter the country, I can see that letting a person in. Thank You for the clarificaiton

Yes, I have had 2 flights cancelled going to Philipines, one in march and one a few weeks ago.  I have a late August flight booked, but it's looking like that one will get cancelled as well.

From what I am reading, if and American goes to Philippines they will have at least 14 days quarantine in Manila probably longer, and then when you get to your final destination they will probably quarantine you another 14 day.   

For me that would be the death blow having to quarantine for any length of time.  And most of the country is shut down and transportation is so limited, it just seems like going to Philippines at the moment isn't worth it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

I suspect he only been going to Philippines for a few years, Give him some time to explore the country he may open his eyes.  Sounds like he goes to Cebu and locks down in the area.

Bad assumption.  Just have never needed to stay in a hotel when in cebu.   

YMMV

On 7/9/2020 at 7:50 AM, payxibka said:

Bad assumption.  Just have never needed to stay in a hotel when in cebu.   

Cebu  used to have so much nightlife, It's been closing in 10 years since I have visited Cebu, Probably made 7 trips there in the past.  I have read that Cebu is no longer a night time party place like it used to , and has been transformed into alot of malls and kinda boring.  

We would party all night in Mango Square area, You could go to a expat bar called Ours Bars and there you could get authentic Western food like meatloaf, or a american size/style sandwich, mashed potatoes.  They even had a black market money changer who would come to the bar to exchange US dollars for pesos, with great rates. 

There are so many nearby beaches easy access from Cebu, most of the guys I know living in places like Cebu get out on the weekend and rent a hotel to stay in and party, and either bring their wife or gf and leave them in the hotel.   

Timeline
2 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Cebu  used to have so much nightlife, It's been closing in 10 years since I have visited Cebu, Probably made 7 trips there in the past.  I have read that Cebu is no longer a night time party place like it used to , and has been transformed into alot of malls and kinda boring.  

We would party all night in Mango Square area, You could go to a expat bar called Ours Bars and there you could get authentic Western food like meatloaf, or a american size/style sandwich, mashed potatoes.  They even had a black market money changer who would come to the bar to exchange US dollars for pesos, with great rates. 

There are so many nearby beaches easy access from Cebu, most of the guys I know living in places like Cebu get out on the weekend and rent a hotel to stay in and party, and either bring their wife or gf and leave them in the hotel.   

I'm still waiting for the 60+ peso rate you predicted.   

That life style almost killed me when I was younger.   A lifestyle I need to consciously stay away from. 

YMMV

21 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I'm still waiting for the 60+ peso rate you predicted.   

That life style almost killed me when I was younger.   A lifestyle I need to consciously stay away from. 

I hope we didn't peak couple years ago at 55 exchange, I was there when it was 40 peso to the US dollar, that blew.

I guess if it close to 50 I should be happy,  My prediction was on US getting rid of the virus and PI being lockdowned for long time.  So far only PI lockdown continues, the US is a hot spot.

That lifestyle I only live in Philippines, when I am back in the USA I don't go out.  But the Philippines takes me back to my younger days, and usually have a blast there.

I am a US citizen and my wife is Filipino in the Philippines with our US citizen child. She is in Taytay, Rizal.

Can I go visit her in the Philippines in August?

Do I just need a copy of her passport and our marriage certificate?

Does she have to enter the Philippines with me?

Do I have to quarantine in Manila for 14 days or 4 days?

After that will I need to quarantine again in Taytay? 14 days?

Is it $200 a day to quarantine?

Thanks

Edited by TVC

Timeline
14 minutes ago, TVC said:

I am a US citizen and my wife is Filipino in the Philippines with our US citizen child. She is in Taytay, Rizal.

Can I go visit her in the Philippines in August?

Do I just need a copy of her passport and our marriage certificate?

Does she have to enter the Philippines with me?

Do I have to quarantine in Manila for 14 days or 4 days?

After that will I need to quarantine again in Taytay? 14 days?

Is it $200 a day to quarantine?

Thanks

1.  Based on today's rules, yes

2.  Yes

3.  No

4.  Right now 14 days

6.  $200 was a price some media outlet quoted.  Validity is unknown 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Adding to the above answers:

5 - This would depend on the Taytay city or Rizal provincial government rules at that time you arrive, which changes all the time.

6 - My sister arrived from the US 2 months ago and paid around Php 3,000 ($ 60) per night for the hotel which included breakfast. I think it would depend which hotel you will be placed at... and they say you have a choice as to which hotel but my sister ended up in a hotel that's NOT of her choice. The rules might be different by the time August rolls around so you just kinda have to prepare yourself for "anything can happen". 🤷‍♀️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.