massy226

EAD Approved 2 Weeks Ago But Still No Card

30 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2020 at 9:50 AM, cw01 said:

Mine was approved back in May and I've been waiting for almost 60 days and still haven't gotten my card...My congressman asked for me and they said it was because of biometrics. My local ASC will be open on July 27th and no one knows how much more delay will come even after I do the biometrics then...

I'm so desperate because I really don't want to lose my current job offer

I'm so sorry this is happening to you too. If you don't mind me asking, where is your nearest ASC. How do you tell when they will open?

On 7/10/2020 at 1:20 AM, Cornflake said:

I'm not sure if it's a legit information, but here the story from The Washington Post regarding EAD and Green cards https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-the-trump-administration-is-turning-legal-immigrants-into-undocumented-ones/2020/07/09/15c1cbf6-c203-11ea-9fdd-b7ac6b051dc8_story.html

Quote "Some 50,000 green cards and 75,000 other employment authorization documents promised to immigrants haven’t been printed, USCIS said in a statement. The agency said it had planned to escalate printing but that it “cannot speculate on future projections of processing times.” 

This would actually make this whole thing make more sense but this is WRONG. My God it keeps getting worse. 

What I can't figure out is why there are so many of us without biometrics that are getting their cards and others that are not. My lawyer claims she spoke to a USCIS officer at HQ who said no one will get an EAD/AP without biometrics. But then on Trackitt and even on this form some people are? I can't figure out what is getting the card in production - is it because of the center location, is it because they did expedited, is it just luck? 

On 7/9/2020 at 9:50 AM, cw01 said:

Mine was approved back in May and I've been waiting for almost 60 days and still haven't gotten my card...My congressman asked for me and they said it was because of biometrics. My local ASC will be open on July 27th and no one knows how much more delay will come even after I do the biometrics then...

I'm so desperate because I really don't want to lose my current job offer

As far as I'm concerned, they are arbitrarily denying the benefit that they have already approved.  I'd be asking your Congressman to ask some questions concerning why the ASCs were closed so long when your local DMV has probably been open for over a month, and to ask USCIS to schedule you in immediately for a walk-in on the day that your ASC reopens.  Enough of this.  

3 hours ago, massy226 said:

This would actually make this whole thing make more sense but this is WRONG. My God it keeps getting worse. 

What I can't figure out is why there are so many of us without biometrics that are getting their cards and others that are not. My lawyer claims she spoke to a USCIS officer at HQ who said no one will get an EAD/AP without biometrics. But then on Trackitt and even on this form some people are? I can't figure out what is getting the card in production - is it because of the center location, is it because they did expedited, is it just luck? 

I might be wrong but I thought those whose EAD were approved without biometrics didn't get their cards, only approval notice. Am I wrong? 

My EAD combo card was approved 12 days ago and I still waiting for the card. I was lucky enough to have a biometrics appointment before everything closed. 

After reading all the news I have no idea what to expect anymore. 

19 hours ago, Cornflake said:

I might be wrong but I thought those whose EAD were approved without biometrics didn't get their cards, only approval notice. Am I wrong? 

My EAD combo card was approved 12 days ago and I still waiting for the card. I was lucky enough to have a biometrics appointment before everything closed. 

After reading all the news I have no idea what to expect anymore. 

For a *lot* of people, those without biometrics aren't getting their cards, despite approvals.  They seem to have been waiving them for I-140 cases (but I may be wrong).  

You should be fine.  May take a few weeks in total for you to get your card.

15 hours ago, irishoxford said:

For a *lot* of people, those without biometrics aren't getting their cards, despite approvals.  They seem to have been waiving them for I-140 cases (but I may be wrong).  

You should be fine.  May take a few weeks in total for you to get your card.

Ugh this is so frustrating, so I need biometrics done. How can you tell when a ASC is open? Is there any way to request an appointment or do I have to sit back and wait for one to be given to me. Once I do biometrics, any idea on how long it'll take to get the EAD/AP even if it is approved already?

2 hours ago, massy226 said:

Ugh this is so frustrating, so I need biometrics done. How can you tell when a ASC is open? Is there any way to request an appointment or do I have to sit back and wait for one to be given to me. Once I do biometrics, any idea on how long it'll take to get the EAD/AP even if it is approved already?

You can see closing/openings here - https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings

In terms of timings honestly nobody really knows right now given potential card production delays, backlog of interviews due to COVID etc. I don't think we'll know much until people start getting biometrics appointment letters and/or receiving cards unfortunately.

Edited by Rearviewmirror

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony Cancelled - June 12, 2024

Oath Ceremony Rescheduled Date - July 30, 2024

DONE

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

Hi all. Apparently, EAD cards are being approved even without biometrics. Please see link below shared by @HRQX with the images of card stating "no fingerprint available": 

Goodluck to us! :) 

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

17 hours ago, Celebi said:

Hi all. Apparently, EAD cards are being approved even without biometrics. Please see link below shared by @HRQX with the images of card stating "no fingerprint available": 

Goodluck to us! :) 

Based on what I learned, this is highly dependent on where your case is processed. Those cards without fingerprints usually come from the Nebraska center (case # starting with LIN). The ones in NBC (case # starting with MSC) would not be waived and biometrics is required. 

6 hours ago, cw01 said:

Based on what I learned, this is highly dependent on where your case is processed. Those cards without fingerprints usually come from the Nebraska center (case # starting with LIN). The ones in NBC (case # starting with MSC) would not be waived and biometrics is required. 

Both of my case numbers for AOS and EAD start with MSC and I was approved without biometrics. However, I've not yet received the physical card so we'll find out if they are holding it or not. It could just be that they approved my EAD but still will require biometrics before printing the card.

• 2020-02-14: Date Filed
  • 2020-02-19: NOA1
  • 2020-03-13: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to conflict)
  • 2020-04-01: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to COVID)
  • 2020-07-15: EAD approved (no biometrics taken)
  • 2020-08-10: Biometrics Appointment (Success)
  • 2020-08-20: EAD in hand
  • 2020-09-21: AOS Interview Scheduled
  • 2020-11-05: AOS Interview + Approval

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Barbados
Timeline

My case was approved a few months ago and i did not complete the biometrics and i have not received my card. I called uscis and even put in an enquiry request and was told that upon completion of the biometrics then i would receive the card. Also my case is at the NBC and i was told i was in queue to receive a biometrics appointment once the Application centers are open again. 
i hope this helps someone.  

On 7/17/2020 at 10:48 PM, Mitsy12 said:

My case was approved a few months ago and i did not complete the biometrics and i have not received my card. I called uscis and even put in an enquiry request and was told that upon completion of the biometrics then i would receive the card. Also my case is at the NBC and i was told i was in queue to receive a biometrics appointment once the Application centers are open again. 
i hope this helps someone.  

Could you please fill out a timeline?

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony Cancelled - June 12, 2024

Oath Ceremony Rescheduled Date - July 30, 2024

DONE

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

On 7/17/2020 at 4:19 PM, Amaterasu said:

Both of my case numbers for AOS and EAD start with MSC and I was approved without biometrics. However, I've not yet received the physical card so we'll find out if they are holding it or not. It could just be that they approved my EAD but still will require biometrics before printing the card.

Yes that's what I meant. I think now all NBC cases require biometrics to print the card. They will either reuse old biometrics if they have it on file or wait until ASC reopens. I don't think it's possible to get the physical card in hand without doing any form of biometrics. 

1 hour ago, cw01 said:

Yes that's what I meant. I think now all NBC cases require biometrics to print the card. They will either reuse old biometrics if they have it on file or wait until ASC reopens. I don't think it's possible to get the physical card in hand without doing any form of biometrics. 

Ah my apologies, I understand now. I think you may be correct as it doesn't seem like there's any movement yet on my card. I will probably call USCIS this week to find out more information.

• 2020-02-14: Date Filed
  • 2020-02-19: NOA1
  • 2020-03-13: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to conflict)
  • 2020-04-01: Biometrics appointment (Rescheduled due to COVID)
  • 2020-07-15: EAD approved (no biometrics taken)
  • 2020-08-10: Biometrics Appointment (Success)
  • 2020-08-20: EAD in hand
  • 2020-09-21: AOS Interview Scheduled
  • 2020-11-05: AOS Interview + Approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.