Kmomo2

Kenya Consulate interviews

644 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, xkiima said:

Hello, long time observer here. We are also waiting for a K1 interview at Nairobi. We sent an email regarding the announcement as well and we didn’t hear anything yet.
We asked our congress representative to inquire on our behalf and they replied to them letting us know that Kenya is not able to resume routine visa services and are still processing mission critical visa only. K1 was not deemed mission critical due to the presidential proclamation.

Hi Xkiima. May I ask how recent did the embassy respond to your Congress person? I never heard back from the embassy from my last email (about two weeks ago) but I did enquire with my congresswoman and the embassy response something like your response. Also, I have a friend who called the embassy recently and spoke with someone. He was told their processing about 100 cases a day. I'm not sure, bit these might be DV applications since the deadline is Sept 30. Either way, I hope they prioritize Ks really soon.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mtu Mzuri said:

Hi Xkiima. May I ask how recent did the embassy respond to your Congress person? I never heard back from the embassy from my last email (about two weeks ago) but I did enquire with my congresswoman and the embassy response something like your response. Also, I have a friend who called the embassy recently and spoke with someone. He was told their processing about 100 cases a day. I'm not sure, bit these might be DV applications since the deadline is Sept 30. Either way, I hope they prioritize Ks really soon.  

We got the email forwarded to us today, but the embassy responded to them on the 10th. I hope so too!

17 minutes ago, xkiima said:

We got the email forwarded to us today, but the embassy responded to them on the 10th. I hope so too!

This was my congresswoman's rep reply to me on Sept 8th. It's unbelievable how they still haven't started working K's. Anyway let's keep hoping.

IMG_20200915_202515.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
15 hours ago, Mtu Mzuri said:

Did they say which cases they are processing?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Mtu Mzuri said:

My fiance shared this update with me from a Facebook immigration group she is in. It was shared by someone else, reportedly from a Sept 10 email from the embassy in Nairobi.  Perhaps we are beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel. Cautiously optimistic.

Thanks for sharing! They failed to mention that in today’s email they sent to us replying from 2 weeks ago. 🧐

887FAD7A-1D79-445C-989A-41D38BCE8E7E.png

1 hour ago, xkiima said:

Thanks for sharing! They failed to mention that in today’s email they sent to us replying from 2 weeks ago. 🧐

887FAD7A-1D79-445C-989A-41D38BCE8E7E.png

I was telling my Fiance that I suspect it depends on which rep answers your email. Perhaps some of them understand the pain and are more sympathetic so they give a little more detail. Who knows. Let's keep hoping for October.

15 minutes ago, Mtu Mzuri said:

I was telling my Fiance that I suspect it depends on which rep answers your email. Perhaps some of them understand the pain and are more sympathetic so they give a little more detail. Who knows. Let's keep hoping for October.

On thing I just noticed is that the rep who gave the extra detail did so anonymously whereas the rep who answered your email identified as consular services rep 2. I have gotten a response from that same rep too. Same response basically. 😂 Just a quick observation. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Mtu Mzuri said:

On thing I just noticed is that the rep who gave the extra detail did so anonymously whereas the rep who answered your email identified as consular services rep 2. I have gotten a response from that same rep too. Same response basically. 😂 Just a quick observation. 

Some reps are the definition of premium tears lol

Timeline
On 8/12/2020 at 10:12 PM, carolyne said:

there's this link showing the issuance of the visa by month n i saw that NRB has only processed 4 CR1 in the month of june.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/JULY 2020 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

Is this the link? That's July Stats, August bado

• 06/26/2019 - I-130 priority date
  • 01/08/2020 - I-130 approved
  • 04/02/2020 - DQ (Documentarily Qualified )
  • 07/07/2021 - Interview in Nairobi Kenya (approved)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, babito said:

They should post it sometime this week. Will keep an eye out for it.

Timeline
On 9/22/2020 at 10:42 PM, carolyne said:

They should post it sometime this week. Will keep an eye out for it.

We got Dq march 23rd and still waiting for interview,anyone who got DQ earlier?

Edited by Edddie&Beatrice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.