Kmomo2

Kenya Consulate interviews

644 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On ‎08‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 10:54 AM, babito said:

image.png.7e9175efc6d661d0aab45c483baf59d9.png

While we are waiting, let's keep in mind that the Embassy in Nairobi also caters for the above countries....The waiting list must be long then...

Theoretically, yes. In practicality, it depends on how many people were F2As vs F2Bs and F1s, since they are out of the equation. That and plus the fact that some people's visas were processed (expedites and otherwise), and the backlog may not be funky as in other places.

Timeline
On 7/2/2020 at 11:13 AM, Kmomo2 said:

Hi all,

Just inquiring if any CR1 Visas have been scheduled for their interviews at the Nairobi consulate since they were deemed mission critical.

Process is awaiting being sent to the KE embassy. Been waiting since June/July. I will email the embassy as well. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Bobos said:

Anyone here who has heard from the Embassy (Nairobi) in regards to K1 after August 31 Department of state announcement?

Not sure. I fall under CR1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bobos said:

Anyone here who has heard from the Embassy (Nairobi) in regards to K1 after August 31 Department of state announcement?

No news yet. We gave up emailing since it’s the same answer they kept giving. 

13 hours ago, Bobos said:

I emailed them on Sept 1st asking about when they would be scheduling us for our K-1 in response to the Aug 28 DOS announcement. They haven't responded yet. Hope they will respond by Tuesday considering Monday is a US holiday.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Mtu Mzuri said:

I emailed them on Sept 1st asking about when they would be scheduling us for our K-1 in response to the Aug 28 DOS announcement. They haven't responded yet. Hope they will respond by Tuesday considering Monday is a US holiday.

Kindly update the rest of us K1s on what they say. Thanks 🙏🏾

On 9/6/2020 at 11:31 PM, Mtu Mzuri said:

18 hours ago, Kmomo2 said:

Kindly update the rest of us K1s on what they say. Thanks 🙏🏾

No problem. I will

Timeline
On 9/6/2020 at 10:31 PM, Mtu Mzuri said:

Hello, long time observer here. We are also waiting for a K1 interview at Nairobi. We sent an email regarding the announcement as well and we didn’t hear anything yet.
We asked our congress representative to inquire on our behalf and they replied to them letting us know that Kenya is not able to resume routine visa services and are still processing mission critical visa only. K1 was not deemed mission critical due to the presidential proclamation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.