Kmomo2

Kenya Consulate interviews

644 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, shu josh said:

Apparently getting a learner's permit for driving is not possible without GC😪

It is very possible. Most important is the SS coz you have the temp GC. 

Also, you can use your Kenyan driver’s license. It allows you to skip all the necessary steps like learner’s permit and just jump to driving test since you already know how to drive. Sorry, am assuming you do 😬

I am due any day/time yet hubby doesn’t have his SS to get his DL. In case of emergency, we are figuring out who would drive me to the hospital. But all this is easy to handle. Having him here, helping and supporting me is such a relief. The distance was not a joke especially in my condition. God is Great! 

I also wanted to share that I won’t be as active as much since I am due soon and won’t have much time to share any updates. I wish everyone here sincerely, the best and the easiest journey. We all know things were not easy for all of us and it has been (still is) a torturous affair. Nonetheless, I truly believe that things will open up soon, seeing that many restrictions have been lifted up.

Wishing everyone the very best. 

Edited by MysticGirl

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MysticGirl said:

It is very possible. Most important is the SS coz you have the temp GC. 

Also, you can use your Kenyan driver’s license. It allows you to skip all the necessary steps like learner’s permit and just jump to driving test since you already know how to drive. 

I am due any day/time yet hubby doesn’t have his SS to get his DL. In case of emergency, we are figuring out who would drive me to the hospital. But all this is easy to handle. Having him here, helping and supporting me is such a relief. The distance was not a joke especially in my condition. God is Great! 

Well here it's different, they changed alot of stuff and they are not considering the temp GC. But we'll figure it out with time. Glad you've got support it's important,  you'll find a way out, and all the best. Can't wait to here the good news once the lil one arrives.

Timeline
21 hours ago, retheem said:

From the time the website says visa is issued, it takes 1-2 days for the passport to show up

Good to read this my status changed to issued today

Timeline
11 hours ago, shu josh said:

Apparently getting a learner's permit for driving is not possible without GC😪

I was soo lucky I got mine within 3 weeks after  entry . I paid a day after I arrived for the GC fee .  Am in WI and I was able to get a government ID without GC during the wait period . I don’t know how it is in other states but they asked me for my PP , SS and form 1-797C and prove of address . Since my SS arrived in 5 days I used it as prove of my address . Hope this one helps someone 

Timeline
11 hours ago, retheem said:

Same here, still waiting for GC. SS came in 5 days. But that does not affect anything.

@retheem check with your local DMV if they could issue an ID without the GC . I got mine without the GC . 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 6/24/2021 at 4:54 PM, MysticGirl said:

Thank you ShuJosh. This is good to know. GC can wait since they gave him that temporary one. And SS’s 3 weeks wait time is not so bad. Thank you. 

NB/ MercyDom, call them or see if you can talk to someone at the embassy. The mailing should have taken at least 24-48 hrs. Check the DHL portal they provided. Also check your junk mail. I also believe that going to the DHL office to check for yourself after all fails doesn’t hurt. You are done with IOM which was the most pain for many. You are almost there!

Oh one more thing I forgot to mention that hubby just told me to inform you. The embassy sends docs only on Fridays in bulk for the week they worked on to save on time and money. So hopefully you should get yours on Monday.

Oh, your reply give me some hope, thanks, I really hope to hear something on Monday.

My husband had his Senator send another email to the embassy on Friday  and they replied that they’re at the finial stage of the visa and that I will get an email from dhl once the visa is issued, also my case was updated again on Friday so I’m really hoping I hear something on Monday.

I called them and they won’t even transfer my call anymore, they at least talked to my husband but told him they only reply to inquires via email.

I have nothing to track it on DHL, my case was originally refused and placed on AP for 90 days and then I had to do medicals again that took another 8 weeks before they asked for my passport, it still shows refused online but I’m not worried about that because I know my visa was approved and that’s why they asked for my passport.

I just really want to be out of here, our boy is almost 10 months and about three years of this process has been really tough on us.

Timeline
On 6/24/2021 at 6:51 PM, Edddie&Beatrice said:

Good to read this my status changed to issued today

Did you already pick up your passport?

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I have a question?

Who knows if the Nairobi, Kenya consulate is holding interviews for EB visas especially EB 1? My DQ date is sep 24/2020 and in June 6th nvc sent me email that they will schedule my interview within 60days or if not then notify me that my case is still in line. Any information will be appreciated

Timeline
8 hours ago, Edddie&Beatrice said:

Not yet

But did you get the dhl tracking number at least?

I’m just trying to figure out how long it takes to send passport back, it will be one week on Tuesday since they received my passport.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, MercyDom said:

But did you get the dhl tracking number at least?

I’m just trying to figure out how long it takes to send passport back, it will be one week on Tuesday since they received my passport.

Yes I have received the tracking number received it on Friday after case showed issued on Thursday on case tracker

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Edited by Edddie&Beatrice

Timeline
2 hours ago, Omuom paul said:

I have a question?

Who knows if the Nairobi, Kenya consulate is holding interviews for EB visas especially EB 1? My DQ date is sep 24/2020 and in June 6th nvc sent me email that they will schedule my interview within 60days or if not then notify me that my case is still in line. Any information will be appreciated

Maybe checking the monthly statistics of the embassy will help you know that  

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Edddie&Beatrice said:

Yes I have received the tracking number received it on Friday after case showed issued on Thursday on case tracker

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Thanks for your response, on Monday will be my day🤞 
I’ll start checking in the morning tomorrow to see if my case changed to issue or if I get the dhl tracking number.
Planning to fly out of Kenya on Wednesday 

Timeline
5 hours ago, MercyDom said:

Thanks for your response, on Monday will be my day🤞 
I’ll start checking in the morning tomorrow to see if my case changed to issue or if I get the dhl tracking number.
Planning to fly out of Kenya on Wednesday 

Welcome,may it be so the email we received 👇

Screenshot_20210627-164002_1.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.