Kmomo2

Kenya Consulate interviews

644 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
9 minutes ago, hkhan53 said:

Hi my DQ is 05/10/2020 have you heard anything regarding an interview date?  I was at the assumption that they are giving interview dates to people who have a DQ in April'20.

Thanks and all the best!

My DQ is 2nd April 2020, yet still no update 

• 06/26/2019 - I-130 priority date
  • 01/08/2020 - I-130 approved
  • 04/02/2020 - DQ (Documentarily Qualified )
  • 07/07/2021 - Interview in Nairobi Kenya (approved)

Timeline
2 hours ago, babito said:

My DQ is 2nd April 2020, yet still no update 

Yes, my assumption is they aren't yet in April dates-those that have heard were expedited or are special circumstances. I'm not sure what the embassy is working on that's taking over a year to get to early April DQs. Yet K1s who filed in 2021 have already heard from them. 

Edited by Kenyan Couple

18 minutes ago, Kenyan Couple said:

Yes, my assumption is they aren't yet in April dates-those that have heard were expedited or are special circumstances. I'm not sure what the embassy is working on that's taking over a year to get to early April DQs. Yet K1s who filed in 2021 have already heard from them. 

Yes I think so too. I think they are only working on expedite or special circumstances cases.

Anyway, here is an update for us: He received an appointment for this Thursday the 20th now that the medical results have come through. 

Will give an update on Thursday’s appointment.

Edited by MysticGirl

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
5 hours ago, Kenyan Couple said:

I know of a Kenyan woman who was not an expedite with a DQ in April, CR1.  She got and interview.

Timeline

I would encourage you all who are IR1/CR1 to join this whatsapp group.  We have just over 20 couples with a pretty good spread of DQs.  For example, we have 3 in March who have not yet gotten an interview.  The hope is that we can all join together and report our findings, like a live database.  This way we can get some on-ground reporting of how Nariobi is really processing our cases.

Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/I3PY7OZCTP091fHreg3qUC

Timeline

I see the April VISA reports are now out.  Looks like Nairobi is now issuing nealy 2 times the K1 VISAs in a month than what they were doing pre-covid while the CR1s/IR1s are at about 40% of pre-covid.  Very frustrating.   Those K1 lawsuits really had an impact.

Edited by GregandNatty

Timeline
30 minutes ago, MysticGirl said:

Finally!!! I can do the happy dance...🎊🎈🎉...We passed, or should I say he passed.

Update: He started early so we did a quick video chat right before he got in. He was there 30minutes early. There seemed to be only few people at first but then more people showed up later. 

Anyway, the person interviewing him asked him few questions regarding our relationship etc. and then went on to ask why he needs to be in US urgently. The whole process took less than 2 hours and he was approved. They will be sending his passport and other documents to the location we picked for the courier. Phewww glad this mess is over. Now we can book a ✈️

As for talking to others to get an idea of people’s statuses, he said it was nearly impossible because of the restrictions placed forward for social distancing. He did talk to some few folks who left the embassy the same time as he did but they were non-immigrant visa with an emergency to fly out for medical reasons. 

Congrats and thank you for sharing details.

• 06/26/2019 - I-130 priority date
  • 01/08/2020 - I-130 approved
  • 04/02/2020 - DQ (Documentarily Qualified )
  • 07/07/2021 - Interview in Nairobi Kenya (approved)

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
51 minutes ago, MysticGirl said:

Finally!!! I can do the happy dance...🎊🎈🎉...We passed, or should I say he passed.

Update: He started early so we did a quick video chat right before he got in. He was there 30minutes early. There seemed to be only few people at first but then more people showed up later. 

Anyway, the person interviewing him asked him few questions regarding our relationship etc. and then went on to ask why he needs to be in US urgently. The whole process took less than 2 hours and he was approved. They will be sending his passport and other documents to the location we picked for the courier. Phewww glad this mess is over. Now we can book a ✈️

As for talking to others to get an idea of people’s statuses, he said it was nearly impossible because of the restrictions placed forward for social distancing. He did talk to some few folks who left the embassy the same time as he did but they were non-immigrant visa with an emergency to fly out for medical reasons. 

Wow, happy for you gal!!!! You can now breath!!!! Still trying to push for medical appointments 🙃🙄😪 but seeing a successful case makes me feel closer... congratulations 👏👏👏👏👏 you deserve it

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
Just now, MysticGirl said:

Thank you all...

Judy did you try what I told you? I think you should go with the last option I mentioned to you if all failed. IOM was the hardest to get an appointment at. 

I have the letter from the embassy and I have called them a whole week they are telling me to wait. I have decided to fly and take the kids personally with the letter.. do the walk in  by next week. I will update you. Thank you for asking 

Just now, MysticGirl said:

Thank you all... I pray things start to open up for everyone. Coz I know it’s not easy. It has been a long journey for all of us. 

NB/Judy did you try what I told you? I think you should go with the last option I mentioned to you if all failed. IOM was the hardest to get an appointment at. 

Oh sorry, I see you answered above. Yes try the walk-in, but like I mentioned/warned you; it’s a 50-50 chance. They may be sympathetic and allow to schedule an appointment or turn you away. Either way, it won’t hurt to try. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, MysticGirl said:

Congratulations! All the best with the delivery of your baby as well. So awesome he'll be with you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.