Kmomo2

Kenya Consulate interviews

644 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi all,

Just spoke with NVC and though they could not update me on the progress of my case, other than when it was DQ'd (2Apr2020 - IR1), they advised that Nairobi is open and doing interviews. They said Nairobi seems to be done with past cancelled cases and are taking on new cases, that is those on the waiting list.

That was all I got after a 50 minute wait to speak to someone.

• 06/26/2019 - I-130 priority date
  • 01/08/2020 - I-130 approved
  • 04/02/2020 - DQ (Documentarily Qualified )
  • 07/07/2021 - Interview in Nairobi Kenya (approved)

Timeline
14 minutes ago, babito said:

Hi all,

Just spoke with NVC and though they could not update me on the progress of my case, other than when it was DQ'd (2Apr2020 - IR1), they advised that Nairobi is open and doing interviews. They said Nairobi seems to be done with past cancelled cases and are taking on new cases, that is those on the waiting list.

Thanks for the update. Atleast there is hope for cases awaiting on the list. Let's hang in there putting our faith in the Lord. One qtn though if you don't mind, once it gets to your DQ date having not been scheduled for an interview, is one required to update their DS260🤔?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, babito said:

Hi all,

But they have been doing this since January.

Timeline
1 hour ago, retheem said:

But they have been doing this since January.

That is true, however it was more of a reassuring bit of info. We know they rescheduled all those who were previously scheduled for interviews and had been cancelled. That is now done and just going through the backlog, where we all are.

Timeline
1 hour ago, susankford said:

Thanks for the update. Atleast there is hope for cases awaiting on the list. Let's hang in there putting our faith in the Lord. One qtn though if you don't mind, once it gets to your DQ date having not been scheduled for an interview, is one required to update their DS260🤔?

I don't think so, I haven't, unless someone here in this forum can add on the above query

Timeline
6 hours ago, babito said:

Hi all,

Please please, if they get to you let us know. You are DQd before me, and I'm honestly very surprised and sad they haven't gotten to you or people from early April. 

I think they are still very slow. Though grateful they are done with interviews from last year that had been canceled. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I had my interview on the 11th of January 2020 and was given a yellow slip and placed in administrative processing and my passport was returned back to me after the interview, it’s been past 60 days since my interview and my status still shows refused on ceac.

I have an infant who already has his CRBA and US passport, they never asked for any documents as I had more than enough documents.

My case keeps updating like every week and I’m not sure what that means, this is really frustrating and has caused financial hardship on my spouse and I.

I’m not sure how long administrative process takes in Kenya 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MercyDom said:

I had my interview on the 11th of January 2020 and was given a yellow slip and placed in administrative processing and my passport was returned back to me after the interview, it’s been past 60 days since my interview and my status still shows refused on ceac.

I have an infant who already has his CRBA and US passport, they never asked for any documents as I had more than enough documents.

My case keeps updating like every week and I’m not sure what that means, this is really frustrating and has caused financial hardship on my spouse and I.

I’m not sure how long administrative process takes in Kenya 

Did they ask you to mail anything together with your passport?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, carolyne said:

Did they ask you to mail anything together with your passport?

No they did not ask me to mail anything, he asked for a lot during my interview and I gave everything, I had nothing missing.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MercyDom said:

No they did not ask me to mail anything, he asked for a lot during my interview and I gave everything, I had nothing missing.

On the website it says a decision should be made within 60days if in Adminstrative review. I would call to find out what’s happening. 

Edited by carolyne

Timeline
Just now, carolyne said:

On the website it says a decision should be made within 60days if in Adminstrative review. I would call to find out what’s happening. 

I would call but then on the slip I was given, it says wait after 90 days before contacting about the status of your case.

it says 60 days on the website but the slip said 90 days so I’m not sure what to do 

Timeline
Just now, MercyDom said:

I would call but then on the slip I was given, it says wait after 90 days before contacting about the status of your case.

it says 60 days on the website but the slip said 90 days so I’m not sure what to do 

https://ke.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/case-status/ Take a look at this. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, carolyne said:

Yes I have looked into that a couple of times but the slip said do not send an inquiry about your case until you have waited 90 days.

I want to send an inquiry but also don’t want to mess up anything

Timeline
Just now, MercyDom said:

Yes I have looked into that a couple of times but the slip said do not send an inquiry about your case until you have waited 90 days.

I want to send an inquiry but also don’t want to mess up anything

Ohh i see after 90days you may inquire then. Sorry you have to go through all this it’s already hard enough to be apart from your spouse. I hope they get to a decision soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.