Kmomo2

Kenya Consulate interviews

644 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 7/5/2021 at 1:26 AM, susankford said:

Hi @babito wishing you all  the best in your interview  this week. Wondering  if there is any other  CR1/IR1 APRIL DQ happening  this July...If any kindly share it will be a big relief on us who are in the que. Be blessed  and TIA.

We were APPROVED...

• 06/26/2019 - I-130 priority date
  • 01/08/2020 - I-130 approved
  • 04/02/2020 - DQ (Documentarily Qualified )
  • 07/07/2021 - Interview in Nairobi Kenya (approved)

Timeline
On 6/17/2021 at 6:20 PM, babito said:

Good Morning,

It is my pleasure to update you all that a few minutes ago (10:44am EST - 17th June) we got our interview date for 7th July (SABA SABA 🤣).

Our DQ date was 4th April 2020 (441 days today). We will update you on our journey...

Since last update this has happened. We frantically started trying to get in touch with IOM for medicals. My wife ended up going there. The good thing is that they gave us the current numbers for IOM which are +254 722 1000 ext 601/ 602 / 603 / 604 / 605 and 0709890000. (Those coming after this save those numbers). Medical test and vaccinations were done on the same day (25th June) and the total costs was Ksh 35K. She paid via MPESA. Meantime we setup the courier pick up point. Surprisingly, they asked we upload the latest taxes and W2s (2020) via CEAC portal. That request was done via email.

I flew in to Nairobi on Sunday night and on the interview day, yesterday we both got there at around 6:15am. We parked out some Warwick building next to the entrance. It's a public parking paid to Kanju (Ksh 200) though the GSU will seem to look like they run the place. They never sumbuad me after the kanju lady did her rounds since now the parking was paid for. She went in at 6:45am for her 7:30am interview. She left all electronics with me and just docs needed for the interview. She got done around 11:15am. I was so excited to see her walk up to me with a huge hidden smile (mask ofcourse). I knew one part was done. 

As per her the docs asked for were civil docs (Marriage, birth cert etc) and most notably the latest Police certificate of good conduct and of course the PP. They asked for the small marriage cert (The Kenyan one issued and signed by witnesses, if you did a Kenyan wedding). That was done first by some staff, then the interview followed after some long wait now with the consular officer. Questions asked were -: how we met, when she saw me last, kids and I think that was it. She was told her visa is approved handed a note to that effect on DHL courier info (pick up) and another on paying the $220 USCIS fee for the green card.

Now waiting for the status to change from "ready" to "issued" then wait for DHL. Hope above info will be helpful to those that follow

Timeline
42 minutes ago, babito said:

Since last update this has happened. We frantically started trying to get in touch with IOM for medicals. My wife ended up going there. The good thing is that they gave us the current numbers for IOM which are +254 722 1000 ext 601/ 602 / 603 / 604 / 605 and 0709890000. (Those coming after this save those numbers). Medical test and vaccinations were done on the same day (25th June) and the total costs was Ksh 35K. She paid via MPESA. Meantime we setup the courier pick up point. Surprisingly, they asked we upload the latest taxes and W2s (2020) via CEAC portal. That request was done via email.

I flew in to Nairobi on Sunday night and on the interview day, yesterday we both got there at around 6:15am. We parked outside some Warwick building next to the entrance. It's a public parking paid to Kanju (Ksh 200) though the GSU will seem to look like they run the place. They never sumbuad me after the kanju lady did her rounds since now the parking was paid for. She went in at 6:45am for her 7:30am interview. She left all electronics with me and just docs needed for the interview. She got done around 11:15am. I was so excited to see her walk up to me with a huge hidden smile (mask ofcourse). I knew one part was done. 

As per her the docs asked for were civil docs (Marriage, birth cert etc) and most notably the latest Police certificate of good conduct and of course the PP. They asked for the small marriage cert (The Kenyan one issued and signed by witnesses, if you did a Kenyan wedding). That was done first by some staff, then the interview followed after some long wait now with the consular officer. 

Questions asked were -: how we met, when she saw me last, kids and I think that was it. She was told her visa is approved handed a note to that effect on DHL courier info (pick up) and another on paying the $220 USCIS fee for the green card.

Now waiting for the status to change from "ready" to "issued" then wait for DHL. Hope above info will be helpful to those that follow

Timeline
4 hours ago, babito said:

Congratulations! 

It seems many who have been part of this thread have been granted their Visas. May the same path follow the rest of us still in the journey. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, babito said:

I flew in to Nairobi on Sunday night and on the interview day, yesterday we both got there at around 6:15am. We parked out some Warwick building next to the entrance. It's a public parking paid to Kanju (Ksh 200) though the GSU will seem to look like they run the place. They never sumbuad me after the kanju lady did her rounds since now the parking was paid for. She went in at 6:45am for her 7:30am interview. She left all electronics with me and just docs needed for the interview. She got done around 11:15am. I was so excited to see her walk up to me with a huge hidden smile (mask ofcourse). I knew one part was done. 

As per her the docs asked for were civil docs (Marriage, birth cert etc) and most notably the latest Police certificate of good conduct and of course the PP. They asked for the small marriage cert (The Kenyan one issued and signed by witnesses, if you did a Kenyan wedding). That was done first by some staff, then the interview followed after some long wait now with the consular officer. Questions asked were -: how we met, when she saw me last, kids and I think that was it. She was told her visa is approved handed a note to that effect on DHL courier info (pick up) and another on paying the $220 USCIS fee for the green card.

Niiice. So you will be flying together?

Timeline
44 minutes ago, retheem said:

Niiice. So you will be flying together?

If all goes well, yes next week.

Today the case status changed around 8am from "ready" to "administrative processing" for about 4 hours then to "Issued". Now waiting on DHL

Timeline
On 7/8/2021 at 5:15 PM, babito said:

If all goes well, yes next week.

Today the case status changed around 8am from "ready" to "administrative processing" for about 4 hours then to "Issued". Now waiting on DHL

Email on DHL tracking received today at 5:01pm, showing package picked at 15:51hrs.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to sayI entered the US yesterday and everything went smoothly, I picked up my passport Thursday and left Thursday night.

It feels good to be back home and be finally over with all this.

Wishing everyone else waiting in this journey good luck, it will all be over soon 🤞

Timeline
10 hours ago, MercyDom said:

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to sayI entered the US yesterday and everything went smoothly, I picked up my passport Thursday and left Thursday night.

It feels good to be back home and be finally over with all this.

Wishing everyone else waiting in this journey good luck, it will all be over soon 🤞

Am glad you got it and got away that fast. Just curious did they ask for COVID test on departure?

Timeline
2 hours ago, babito said:

Am glad you got it and got away that fast. Just curious did they ask for COVID test on departure?

I'm not in the US, but off course,covid test is needed if departing from Kenya 😊

Timeline
4 hours ago, babito said:

Yes, they asked for COVID test like 5 times before getting on the plane, you can’t leave without it..

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sfb86 said:

For your covid test, where did you take it and and how long did it take to get your result? 

I had it done at Aga khan University hospital, had it done around 9am and got it back in the afternoon 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.